Addon Button/Addons not showing

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Addon Button/Addons not showing

Unread post by Gimlion »

Hi friends!

I recently decided to pick up a few minimal addons that will help me with my adventures. Namely:Skada meters, NPCscan, and _NPCscan Overlay. I downloaded from curse, extracted to my WoW>Interface>Addons. Unfortunately, none of three seem to be working. In fact, they aren't even showing me an addon button on character-select. Anyone savvy enough with addons to maybe help me out?

Thanks!

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Addon Button/Addons not showing

Unread post by Rawr »

Check ur addon folder and see if they are still in .zip format. :mrgreen:

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Rawr wrote:Check ur addon folder and see if they are still in .zip format. :mrgreen:
I triple checked, I extracted them. I've even delete said addons from the folder and redownloaded. I looked up Curse's guide for manual installation, and followed it step-by-step. Still nothing. Is the Curse Client as dangerous as it once was? Right now it seems to be the last chance I have of getting my addons to work.

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I don't have any insight to your problem, but I can say I finally made the switch last year to the Curse Client and I don't know how I went without it for so long. SO much easier, and I haven't heard any bad things about it. :)
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Vephriel wrote:I don't have any insight to your problem, but I can say I finally made the switch last year to the Curse Client and I don't know how I went without it for so long. SO much easier, and I haven't heard any bad things about it. :)
I just caved and downloaded the client too. I went back and looked at all the save files, and literally nothing looks any different, but they work. So whatever, good enough for me. Thanks all!