Burned out already

Jasanni
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Burned out already

Unread post by Jasanni »

Niabi wrote:
Kayb wrote:I don't even have a single toon to 110 yet :D

I'm taking my sweet sweet time, leveling a few toons at once and hell sometimes I just don't feel like looking at the new stuff so I play a lowbie instead. Enjoying the expansion quite a lot more than I have any other as a result to be honest.

No, I don't raid or any of that sorta stuff so I don't feel any pressure to race all my gear up to max. I'm just cruising along at my own pace and it's awesome.
I'm taking a similar approach. I've been working on leveling alts, completing achievements/reputation grinds, and collecting transmog gear. I almost feel as though I shouldn't level to 110 until my poor alts, some of which haven't been touched since Wrath, are shown at least a little bit of love.

It also doesn't help that my graphics card just can't handle the game like it used to. I was able to play with mid-range settings in WoD but now I'm forced to play at the lowest possible settings for optimal performance. At the rate it's going, it's likely my computer won't be able to handle any future expansions beyond Legion. I looked into upgrading to a new graphics card but at their current retail price, I might as well sink those funds into acquiring a brand new tower instead. I'm afraid this is a luxury that'll just have to wait.
This is actually me too. I have several toons over 100 but only one at 110, and that was a recent ding on my Demon Hunter a few days ago. I don't feel rushed this time around and am enjoying playing whichever class and quests I feel like tackling on any given day, including my lowbies! ^^

~ Avatar by Blencem, Signature by Ashaine ~

GAJones4221
Realm: Malfurion

Unread post by GAJones4221 »

Sigrah wrote:It's only 1 month into Legion and I'm already feeling burned out. I don't know if it's from the lack of flying, the world quests feeling too much like D3 bounties, professions being expensive to level unless you have a gathering toon to supply it, or if it's just MMO burn out in general. Regardless, I need a break.
I don't know what faction you are but if you are horde I can show you some tips and tricks with mining, I can help with world quests.

Im going to take a stab in the dark here so don't get offended, many guilds don't offer much for social interactions and some that even do can feel very lonely, it's best to make friends in the community that you can relate to, I would say whatever class you enjoy the most.

Go sight seeing, run old dungeons, don't feel obligated to sit on any 1 class just cause your artifact has a bunch of points in it etc..

My engineering is 750. I'm in no rush to get it leveled. When you rush through content you get bored. I took my time and read all the quests just for the heck of hearing cool stories. Pepole rushed and in 12 hours people had 110.

Don't push yourself to do that, I found out the hard way that that's how the majority of players I've met, go about the game, and then their bored.

As I said my invitation is on the table, I can show you a more relaxed approach to going about the game and attempting to make your play time more enjoyable. My invitation is extended to anyone in this thread that is struggling with this as well.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

I actually have the opposite idea of world quests, I don't think there are enough ones with meaningful rewards. I avoid any with Blood of Sargeras drops like the plague, I'm sitting at nearly 150 of them with 0 use until 7.1. I almost exclusively do the 4 for the daily faction/zone, and any AP and gold. I'm definitely not burned out on my main, but I'm stuck behind the nightfallen rep grind to continue the story, so currently there's very little to actually do.

I think I need to start farming mounts, doing old-world arch, or battle pet some, because all 3 are things I never even did on my original main, and now that I have a brand new (for legion) character, I have even less of that stuff.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I have 18-22 points into each of the 3 Hunter artifacts...............I've started playing Starbound again. :lol: :mrgreen:

Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

Between the nerfs and many PvP issues and feeling terribly burnout (I wanna WoW.. Nah, I don't wanna WoW... Maybe level an alt? Nah..), the game right now is more negative to me than fun so I've decided to take a month or so off, catch up on single player games and whatnot. Admittedly, I went at it pretty hardcore after the launch and I think having a time off could do a world of good whether I decide to return or not :)

Partially, I think, if we forget pure Legion problems of artifacts, rep gating, etc. it can also be due tp the fact that I stuck it out during WoD when I should've taken the break and also am for a long time quite bored with Diablo - and that's what WoW now really reminds.