So, what do you think of your old favorite specs/classes

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

So, what do you think of your old favorite specs/classes

Unread post by Shade »

So, now that we've had a good amount of time to play around in the new expansion, I am curious to see how people are faring with their favorite classes and specs-do you still play them or are they changed too drastically?

BM hunter has always been my main spec and class, and I still love it a great deal. I've not had much trouble adjusting to the changes that the spec has had so far. She was the first toon that I got to 110.

After that though, I really had a hard time picking what to play next.

My elemental shaman was my second main from Cataclysm through Draenor, but I cannot get into playing her right now. She is so SLOW and SQUISHY. I really despair about what they did to the spec. It takes forever to build up enough malestrom to use my bigger attacks, and usually by the time I get some random mobs killed, she is already down to half health from getting smacked around. Does it get any better at higher levels with the upgrades on the artifact? I don't know that I can play her right now as she is if she is going to stay the same the entire expansion.

My combat rogue is fun-but also a lot more squishy than I remember her being. She hasn't changed too much, but I am still struggling with roll the bones and the randomness of the buffs that it gives. I have not found her as fun as she was pre expansion, but I think I just need to get used to her again.

A surprise favorite-I am really liking feral druid. I didn't play my druid much beyond leveling her originally, and then it was usually as balance. But the spec has a really good survivablility and decent dps output. She's been the one that I goof around on when I don't have anything else to do.

And the other, big surprise favorite-my fire mage is a BLAST! Puns aside, I have had a wonderful time playing on her, which was a big shock. Out of all of the classes that I have done (read all of them) fire made was down there with feral druid, I did not like them at all in previous expansions. Fire mage is squish if you forget the ice barrier, but the DPS output is soooooo satisfying. She is going to be my next toon to 110 I am thinking, its been a lot of fun so far running around on her.

That is all that I have tried so far-I am looking for recommendations on what to try next.

I have a shadow priest, but she feels too much like old demonology warlock for me to love her right now.

My Demonology warlock feels a bit boring-it is nothing but two attacks and throw demons then buff them-not too much fun to play, I need to find another spec there that I might like.

I also have: Frost DK, Windwalker monk, Ret pally, Fury warrior and havoc demon hunter, but I have not really tried them at all so far beyond getting their artifact weapons
WingedCaduceus
Realm: Borean Tundra

Re: So, what do you think of your old favorite specs/classes

Unread post by WingedCaduceus »

My only max level right now is my BM hunter. I'm getting used to it, but even with chimera shot it feels clunky. My feral druid pretty much feels the same as it did before to me, but the real star this expac has been my fury warrior. I haven't felt this attached to her since Cata - it's so nice to want to play her again. I've not experimented with many other classes, but that's my two cents, for what it's worth.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

BM is okay for me, but SV has been a lot of fun. However, I think my new old favorite is my Disc priest. I am really pleased with the choice to ditch all the bubbles in favor of the mix of healing and DPS. I'm always doing something, and it's a blast!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I've finally settled into a good rotation with BM. Gear does make a difference! Haste helps. :) Less downtime.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Aweena »

Find my Death knight fun to play now and then fave specc might be blood the survivability is way high and with a little gear well things doe fast.

Frost mage seems fairly alright in surviving too not played her much since i RP a lot of the time instead on my main.

Warlock affliction is so easy its scary you just dot things and kite.

I agree feral druid seems more fun than it used to might be the new feel and lore about it.

Shaman the maelstrom usage is really a bother on both elemental and enhance.

My hunter is a mix of BM and SV when i feel like it, i find both fun enough and as long as im solo i enjoy the spear.

My priest is shadow or void as it is now not played her much but the shield is a must.

Rogue i went assassination and it seems rather strong.

then there are my army of lowbies i find prot warrior fun and strong but went fury for the invasions and havent played her much since, loads of sv hunters its fun to lvl as, a few new chars i need time to lvl and well my monk is still stuck at 90.

If love is an illusion to hell with reality

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

I'll only comment on characters that have their artifacts.

Protection warrior - Really enjoying it. I don't feel it has changed too drastically.

Druid - I really enjoy Balance as it is now, I haven't enjoyed it this much since the days before Cataclysm (or was it MoP) when they revamped it and destroyed it for me. Resto Druid feels exactly the same, so I'm happy.

Warlock - Destro feels boring, but it always did for me. I enjoy Demonology FAR more than I used to and Affliction is even easier than before, if possible.

Frost Mage - I prefer it now as I feel more powerful and less squishy for some reason.

Rogue - I love the new Outlaw spec, SO much more fun than Combat, and I had a good time with Subtlety too - but can't compare it to previous specs, as I never really played it before.

BM Hunter - I got used to the spec very quickly and thoroughly enjoy it, except for the brief moments of auto-shotting, but other than that no serious complaints. I suppose my only qualm is that I don't feel like my pet is very special because of the sheer amount of animals piling up on the prey. I never liked dire beast, and now I sometimes have two or three of them attacking my target, along with Hati, and my pet, and Rexxar and his pet. A proper throng. :lol:

Priest - I hated Discipline, and although I've gotten used to the healing now and do just fine, I still dislike it. I used to LOVE the whole absorb style of play (ever since I played a healing monk in Guild Wars 1) and never played atonement even during the MoP phase when it was ridiculously powerful. I just don't see the point of playing a healer as a dps, since I already HAVE dps characters. When healing I tend to want to heal. I do, however, think the mechanics were designed well. Holy is fine, feels very similar, except more powerful and even easier.

Shaman - I like that Elemental didn't get some huge upheaval, as it's my favourite dps caster class, but I don't like how squishy and weak I feel. I hope the boost to dps in 7.1 will make a difference. I also don't care for the weapon at all, plus the weapon's skill is the most boring, lackluster one I've come across yet. Enhancement is interesting and I'd probably like it more if I'd not played it before, but unfortunately I absolutely adored the previous incarnation and this new one is just not as good. Resto doesn't feel different at all, so no complaints.

Paladin - Holy is great, and I really like the new positioning requirement. Other than that it feels quite familiar, so I'm very comfortable. Protection is fun - it's like it was before but better. Retribution is okay, I've never felt much for the spec anyway.

DK - Blood is awesome. I enjoyed it before, but now it's just so much fun! Frost feels very similar, and I have no complaints except that I feel it's much more weak than Unholy. Unholy is fantastic, I absolutely adore the new mechanics and having a second pet.

Monk - The best healing changes were to Mistweaver, I feel. Probably because now I can be a proper healer and not have to contemplate irritating fistweaving. :lol: I never enjoyed Windwalker but that has all changed. I really, really like it. Fast paced, fun, exciting.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

That's so interesting! I find I'm the opposite on a lot of these. Not a big fan of Blood DKs now; I wish Resto druids had changed more; Enhancement shamans are fun to me; BM hunters are kinda boring; Disc priests are super fun now. XD Different strokes for different folks!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

All I can say is that I'm really comfortable with BM now and it's playing just fine for me. I might not be crazy about all of the changes, and I still really miss some things, but overall I'm happy with it and it's still my main.

I don't like MM at all really. :/ Luckily that's just on an alt but, still, bleh.

Unholy DK has finally become super fun for me and I love my death knight for the first time...well, ever. :D

That's about all that I've touched so far so I can't comment on the other classes much. From what I've dabbled in Balance druid I like it for the first time too.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

My MM hunter is really all I've played and I quite like it. I like being able to swap between pet and no pet for dungeons and world quests.

BM is my offspec and I don't mind it (tamed the spirit moose and mana kitty) but will stick to MM for my dungeon and lfr adventures :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~