Kosumoth - Hungering Claw vs. Fathom Dweller

Anyone believe this is ridiculous that every two weeks it's always the claw pet?

Yes
67%
No
25%
Maybe
8%

Total votes: 12

Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Kosumoth - Hungering Claw vs. Fathom Dweller

Unread post by Takanuka »

Did blizzard really have to put the mount like 5% or less on RNG for the world quest and extend it to a 2 week lock out?!

Really it seems like majority of the people won't get shit but the useless pet and not the mount until he end of the expansion.......

Or is it true that the mount is only for Eu servers and the pet is only for us servers?
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Re: Kosumoth - Hungering Claw vs. Fathom Dweller

Unread post by Arthur »

I don't about the EU thing but it's pissing me off either way.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

It is silly that we get the claw over and over. Whats the big deal of cycling them often? The gate should be clicking the orbs, not RNG on which WQ pops imo.

Regardless, I look at it this way: in my day to day playing I would have very little opportunity to use the mount because I am very rarely going under water for anything. I would have to go out of my way and invent a reason to use it. Due to its high impracticability, I am fine waiting for however long it takes for US since I don't currently have a need to use it. Its cool, and I want it, but it'll end up being just a +1 mount toward the 300 achievement for all practical purposes. I can personally wait for a nearly useless albeit unique novelty mount that I won't use day-to-day.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Kosumoth had the mount WQ just a couple of weeks back, didn't it? I believe I just missed out on it.

I think it's fair, or at least consistent, that the mount WQ is rarer than the pet one. Mounts have always been treated as more rare and special than companion pets, and I think the gap has grown somewhat. These days it seems to me that if they need to goad players into populating an activity, they're like :

Throw more pets at it!
Attachments
crazycat.gif
crazycat.gif (683.46 KiB) Viewed 2565 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hrhggh, yeah it's a little frustrating. :( There hasn't been a mount for US servers yet I don't think. It's not a necessity but, it's the whole reason I started that whole orb chain. I wonder if I should just not bother killing him this week because I already have 2 of the pets and wait for the mount to be the reward?
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

Yeah, I'm done chasing carrots on sticks these days. The most I've done the last 2 weeks is sit in trade chat watching for Nomi jokes, maybe send my demon hunter's garrison followers and ships on missions (yes, the WoD ones), and if I feel really energetic, do some pet battle dailies in WoD if I have the urge to level a battle pet from 1 to 25. Screw the rest of this crap.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

The mount has not been available once on US... we've now had a month & two weeks of the pet. It should alternate mount/pet/mount/pet imo. Especially when once you have the mount, you'll get resources/AP those weeks instead... so it'd give some incentive to still kill him. The pet is not an incentive... considering it's only a couple hundred gold and is the new left shark.

EU has had both mount and pet. :/

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

If the Legion app is correct, US got the pet claw again.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Quiv wrote:If the Legion app is correct, US got the pet claw again.
This is really getting frustrating... :/
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Somehow they are selling on my realm for 6-7k. I figured they were the next Left Shark.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

A lot of people who have the quest unlocked aren't bothering doing extras, and a lot of people haven't unlocked the world quest yet, so there is technically still a market and not an oversaturation, but it's kind of a crapshoot which servers have markets and how much turn-over there is on the markets that exist :x it's a pretty wide spread, actually (scroll down to Current Regional Prices, the red columns with the blue line running through it), which is pretty interesting. Even Stormrage (the lowest price with the highest quantity, unsurprisingly) isn't at Left Shark/Cinder Pup levels yet, but it's sure getting there.

(also lol, my guild leader's got two of our five current auctions. I wonder why he's bothered; I guess cos he's a vengeance DK so the thousands of CRZd Horde out there still leave him alone and he can get away with it.)
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.