One thing I really don't like about Legion

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

One thing I really don't like about Legion

Unread post by Sukurachi »

So far, I've been enjoying legion, although it's neither alt-friendly, nor is it multi-box friendly (I have around 20 level 100 toons, and usually dual-box two toons at a time).

But there is one thing that I REALLY don't like about legion: the necessity to do dungeons as a means of advancing quest lines and crafting quests.

Right now I have two zone quests that require doing dungeons, and an inscription quest that requires a dungeon.

Yeah, yeah, I know "suck it up and just do them as randoms". Well, I've had some pretty traumatic experiences with random groups and dungeons, I swore I would never group with strangers again.. and this was nearly 10 years ago. From everything I've seen, people aren't any better now than they were then: a**holes then are still a**holes now, and there's just as many of them, if not more.

So that's my mini-rant on one aspect of legion that I really hate.
It sort of makes me sad that I won't be able to finish zone quests because they all appear to require dungeons, and I think one may require a raid (though I might be wrong on that one).

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Re: One thing I really don't like about Legion

Unread post by Gimlion »

"Good Suramaritan" Does require a Xavius kill within the Emerald Nightmare to finish the final quest. It is unfortunate that they tied individual completion to group activities. I understand they want to make things social, but honestly CRZ, LFG and LFR have done that plenty as-is.

I don't know if it will change your mind at all, but I have had 0 negative experiences at max level running random dungeons/heroics, or even specific ones for the quests you are talking about. All 4 levelling zones do end in a dungeon, but queueing specifically for that dungeon with the quest active seems to streamline you into a group.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

The dungeons are required to fetch the objects associated with the zone (Such as the Aegis in Stormheim) and what not. I don't think you can progress your class campaign without them all.

Now, I am with you on the community being full of toxic assholes, but regular ol' normals seemed to be pretty relaxed, and if you queue for the specific one you need (Such as Halls of Valor for the Aegis), it should be quick and painless.
Though believe me, I get where you're coming from. My mythic attempts so far have left me with a sense of dread because people are so nasty and flat-out vile.

But, I can go with you, if you want? Like we could group up and enter queue, if it might make you feel a bit more releaxed? I hope that doesn't sound or come off as insulting.

I have a 110 hunter and feral druid and on US server

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Aweena »

I always had bad luck with pugging in the lfg system so i understand you on the there are assholes but sometimes its worth it to just run them keep quiet and just go after the tanks target.

Sometimes it works out other times i get frustrated and have my bf run it for me, but yeah go with one or two people you know like Peridot above and ignore the chat from the puggers some just enjoy making points about others play style and the only way to survive it is to ignore it, not saying that that is easy to do....

Good luck to you and if you play EU which im pretty sure you dont, feel free to poke me for a group.

If love is an illusion to hell with reality

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

thank-you for the offers.

I really will consider them.

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Oh, one of the things that makes legion very multi-box unfriendly is the number of solo instances that are required for each class.

I was out questing with my usual pair, a hunter and a warlock, and suddenly I entered an area with a quest and my warlock disappeared from my screen. He was phased out of the instance. I switched to his screen, and he's standing there alone.

I can even imagine this is an issue for couples who like to quest together.

"Step on no pets!"

Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

We have a guy in our guild who multi-boxes 4 DKs and a Pally all at once. Whenever he does an achievement the guild chat gets spammed, lol. :mrgreen:

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

I think you have helped me put a finger on one of the biggest reasons on why I feel so burned out: Every facet of the game has become a massive grindfest. This is how it Legion is feeling to me atm:

- Want to learn your profession recipes? Go do all those profession quests we made to force you out into the world, including the ones in dungeons and raids. We wouldn't want you just do them to relax or in your spare time or anything like that.

- Want to actually level your profession? Hope you have a gathering toon and a lot of patience or that you’re rich, because we made them require massive amounts of resources and, on top of that, we’re not letting players fly because we want you to spend more time in the game. But hey, at least we gave you a tiny break by adding ranks to professions.

- Want resources for your Garris-, I mean Class Hall? Go do those world quests. No, really, do those world quests, regardless of whether or not the faction gains are efficient or not or you actually need them anymore.

- Want to work on a specific faction ahead of the rest? Tough, we only let you make significant faction gains every 4 to 6 days because we don’t want to let you do specific factions faster than others. And no, we don’t care if a specific faction is beneficial to your class, profession, battle pet collection, or gear needs. Of course, you could just grind out world quests at 75 rep a pop, but it won't be efficient.

- Want to level Cooking and learn all those cooking recipes? Boy do we have a special treat for you! Instead of doing dailies or using the RNG of discovery to get recipes, you’ll have to bring ingredients to this legendarily awesome Pandaren chef named Nomi. You're gonna love him! He likes to use kerosene as cooking spray and charcoal for spice, but he must know what he’s doing, he’s Pandaren after all, and judging by their bellies, they know food…

- Want to do something simple or mindless to help you sit back and relax when you’re not in the mood to run around? LOL! That’s a good one! If you want to do something like that, go Fishing. Wait, can they still level Fishing without questing for skill-ups? Oh crap! They can level Fishing without questing! Quick, someone turn off the fishing skill-ups! We don’t want them leveling anything without having to quest for it! And what's this I'm hearing about the garrison fishing dailies still awarding 15 skill ups a day? Kill that, now!

I don't know, maybe I'm misjudging it, maybe I'm just burned out on WoW completely, or maybe I just don't have the patience for endless grinds at 40 years old like I did when I was in my 20's. Regardless, it's how I'm feeling about the game right now, everything feels like Grind Quest.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I understand your hesitation on doing dungeons with strangers. The WoW "community" is often extremely toxic. I'm a bit leery of dungeons too. However, I've done the ones for the quests and professions in Legion. It has been surprisingly painless. I've only ran into one jerk so far, and he was just one of those "back in vanilla...blahblahblah...noob" types. So, I urge you to take up one of those offers by the kind folks up above and try. At the very least, you'll have someone in your corner. I would offer to go with you, but my horde characters are horribly neglected right now. None have gotten beyond getting their class halls, actually. The whole not-alt-friendly thing and all...