When we invade Argus

What do you think or want the invasion of Argus to be?

Patch
25%
Expansion
25%
Think it will be a patch
42%
Think it will be a expansion
8%

Total votes: 12

Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

When we invade Argus

Unread post by Takanuka »

When we invade Argus as revealed at Blizzcon being the decision we make to assault the legion on their own turf, who hopes it will be a expansion instead of a patch.

And when we do invade Argus what does anyone hope to see?

I personally hope to see tameable draenei goats like Argi from the ingame pet store as a tameable pet for goats since we already got those tameable as a family.

Hopefully more demonic pets and things like how they did we the fel fire worg from Tanaan Jungles to "Uncorrupt".

I don't know a lot of Draenei or Argus lore, I don't know if there is any but the Draenei were once the Eredar pre-corrupted and they turned into Eredar by corruption right?

This might introduce some good opportunity like with the failure on the Broken Isles, maybe some of the former mortal races like the fel orcs and fel blood elves could at least a small faction rejoins the horde as sub-races perhaps after seeing the legion failing again they switch sides. Would love me a Fel Orc Hunter esp survival one or even introduce the Ethereals being a neutral race like the Pandaren to play but perhaps having no gender since there doesn't really seem much gender differentiation when they speak like "he", "she" etc etc.

And I am curious if Wrathion's intentions were to bring the warlords from Draenor to the Broken Isles against the Legion why hasn't the remaining warlords come to help? Or at least send troops from Draenor to help us?
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Re: When we invade Argus

Unread post by Inay »

I would like it to be an expansion (A whole new woooooooorld♫) but I'm afraid it may be a little monotonous. By that I mean, we know the color theme of the Legion (ALL BLACK ALL GREEN ALL THE TIME) and Argus has been under Legion control for what, millennia? If it's all like the Legion zones we can see in Legion, it will be pretty boring to explore. (In the other hand, if they choose to show an alien world and go more wild in the ecosystem and decor than in Draenor, it would be super nice. Like, maybe Eredars really loved their world and their is Eredar association for the protection of Argus environment, I don't know.)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Ion already announced Argus will be a patch within this expansion (7.3), not a new expansion. It seems a shame but I guess they have their reasons.

One reference article: http://www.polygon.com/2016/11/6/135420 ... kostas-wow

The fact that it's just a patch makes me worry that less time will be spent on new artwork, and that the design of the world will be not much more than the scoured demon worlds that we've seen already (i.e. just rocks and fel and a few fancy Legion buildings), but I'm hoping there's a lot more to it. Probably not meadows and flowers and frolicking fauns though :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I just want a glimpse of what it looked like there before the Legion came. Considering that the marvelous tech and architecture on Draenor are considered makeshift and scraps by Draeni standards, it really must have been an incredible place.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Wain wrote:Ion already announced Argus will be a patch within this expansion (7.3), not a new expansion. It seems a shame but I guess they have their reasons.

One reference article: http://www.polygon.com/2016/11/6/135420 ... kostas-wow

The fact that it's just a patch makes me worry that less time will be spent on new artwork, and that the design of the world will be not much more than the scoured demon worlds that we've seen already (i.e. just rocks and fel and a few fancy Legion buildings), but I'm hoping there's a lot more to it. Probably not meadows and flowers and frolicking fauns though :)
Real real shame they're making it a patch instead of an expansion. It would have made a really cool one. The only drawback is could it fill enough content to be considered a full expansion. I honestly don't know. Personally, and this is just my thought, I think they had it in the works for a long while which could be why they ran out of time on WoD and Legion. They wanted to give enough new stuff after legion to make folks happy and keep them around. Just a thought.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Maybe the Old Gods will blow up Azeroth while we're away and we'll make a nice new world on the demon-scarred plains of Argus! Yeah..I hope not. What I do hope is that the Old Gods are the next expansion, if there is to be one at all. It seems like there is enough mystery there to build an expansion around. This time we've got the Legion, with a side of Titan. The Legion is one of our two greatest enemies, I think, and they were the ones that the Titans couldn't beat. Perhaps next up we get Old Gods, with a side of Titan? They're another foe the Titans couldn't beat, so it could make sense to pit us against them once and for all.
Inay wrote:.... maybe Eredars really loved their world and their is Eredar association for the protection of Argus environment, I don't know.
Also, Inay, that is one of the best things I've ever read *dies laughing*
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

With how they're trying to make the story progress continuously from expansion to expansion now, Argus might be both a patch and an expansion after that. Like we get a beachhead in 7.3, and a continent in 8.0. Timeless Isle (story) led into Draenor, and Tanaan (story and art) led to Legion.

I'm hoping there's winged lions on Argus, perhaps less glowy than the mount. But it would provide a lore source for it (plus winged lions are cool, and could be in the 'winged beast' pet family). And I'm hoping there's incubi for warlocks.