Brawler's Guild tips?

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: Brawler's Guild tips?

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Go farm the elites at Shield's Rest, the island at the NE corner of Stormheim. Drop rate isn't terrible and they're not hard to solo.
Magnakilro
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

Been doing Brawl Guild.....Ogrewatch wasn't too bad, surprisingly....

Nibbleh's giving me trouble....nothing I do seems to keep my pet from aggro'ing him (I even Play Dead on cd.....I don't immediately send pet when fight starts.....)

Never had this problem with him before....
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm still stuck on Nibbleh too. T_T I know I beat him last season but man I just can't seem to get it this time...
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

The problem with Nibbleh as BM is we get so much damage out of our pets, and no longer have Distracting Shot or another high aggro generator for ourselves.

If needed hold off as long as possible on using ANY sort of pet attack, keep your pet on passive, and let Nibbleh come at you all the way down the first long wall (assuming you're alliance... I forgot how the horde arena is set up). Do not use Dire Beast (the beasts will pull aggro) or Kill Command (obviously). Crows is ok and actually should help to generate some aggro on you. I believe Stampede is ok as well but I'm not 100% sure. Obviously make sure you're not MDing to pet out of habit, and of course never Feign Death. Once you hit the end of the long wall, go ahead and send you pet in and do your normal rotation.

It does mean that as BM we have a disadvantage in that we can't put out full dps for the first several seconds of the fight, but melee and casters have it worse IMO. Make sure to prepot (vendor sells Brawler's Potion of Prolonged Power, or you can bring your own) and then pot again at 1 minute mark. Flasks are a plus - for anyone who raids just go in after raid when your flask is still up and take advantage of the extra agility boost.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Yeah, pretty much all of that :\ Dire Beasts seemed okay halfway down the wall, but my pet wasn't allowed to attack at all until I turned the first corner, and had to play dead on CD after that. Pick up Omen or some other threat meter if you don't have one already and you can probably min-max your Play Deads, and may sure they stay down for at least two seconds so they actually benefit from the threat dump.

I wouldn't recommend Stampede just because of the way new Stampede works—there's NO WAY you're gonna be in the area of effect for the 15s duration unless you're out of position to start the fight, and then you're just making life more difficult for yourself later. Even though it's gonna seem like a waste because your pet is on passive at the start, I'm pretty sure Killer Cobra is the talent I ended up using on my kill, because cobra shot is basically your only way of generating threat anyway. The level 60 tier of talents may also be worth looking at if your pets are still pulling aggro later into the fight (after two PDs).

On the flip side, Nibbleh and Ray D. Tear were really the only two painful bosses this time around, and Ray's gonna be a lot easier as the expansion goes on and gear gets better.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Sobs with relief, I finally got Nibbleh down tonight. T-T I hadn't tried for a while because it was frustrating, but with my gear level now I managed it.

EDIT: I've made it to Ray D. Tear, wish me luck!

EDIT 2: Ahhhh!!! <3 I did it and now I have an almost-crocodile mount and I love him. :')

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I'm just stuck on the stupid fire genie ;-;