Item lvl Scaling

AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Item lvl Scaling

Unread post by AdamSavage »

So fun stuff eh ? The blizzard forums are lite up with people talking about it, and how they lied to us.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Re: Item lvl Scaling

Unread post by Iowawolf »

AdamSavage wrote:So fun stuff eh ? The blizzard forums are lite up with people talking about it, and how they lied to us.
I have been following this as well and though many have a legitimate reason most are just jumping on the 7.2 sucks bandwagon it is sad how Blizzard can never do anything right when players just whine when they are why 7.2 is what it is by asking for things then when we get them no one wants them so they whine. I am one of very few who is having fun in 7.2 I got my Snowfeather and also a Bloodgazer to run around with.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Honestly, I never even noticed it until someone mentioned it. I don't see a problem with it, they even went and tweaked it again so that enemy damage no longer scales and they reduced how much their health scaled overall.

It makes sense to me, since world content is /always/ relevant in an expansion like this with World Quests, and I understand why they don't want all of that to just become inconsequential as players continue to gear up. The content isn't getting harder, it's just staying on par. I can still breeze through them easily (again, I never even noticed the scaling), so I don't think it's anything to be worried about or throw a fuss over.
AdamSavage

From what I've read, it's the bold lying from blizzard that everyone up in arms. They claimed they didn't get feedback on the PTR, so they assumed everyone was ok with it. This turned out to be a lie. Someone dug up a PTR thread, that talks about the scaling. They also said in the Q&A in sept, that they would never have mobs scale up with gear. I do notice the mobs have more HP now, but it's not drastic and I don't really notice much difference in killing them. They should of never had something like this in place to begin with.. Lot of hype over this patch, and with it being out right now. There is not much that is left to do.

It should also be noted that this change was on the Patch 7.2 PTR (and has been since January). We didn’t communicate anything about it initially because we wanted to get testers’ raw and honest feedback about it when they encountered it themselves, rather than attempting to pre-empt or otherwise influence their opinions ahead of time. When that feedback never came, we assumed that meant it was an acceptable change – i.e., those who hadn’t noticed it weren’t bothered by it, and those who had noticed it thought it was fine. Clearly that was a false assumption, and we should have drawn attention to it later in the PTR cycle, so that we could have caught these issues before Patch 7.2 went live.
Feedback from PTR, that they "never got":https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/top ... =1#post-10
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

How many expansions do you think, before they decide to try to make all servers PvP, because it will dramatically slow down player consumption of content and that idea just becomes too tempting for certain leads. :P Maybe they're already working on it now with all the pseudo-PvP areas springing up. Maybe next expac we'll see them cover twice as much of the zones, and so on... :P

I'm joking, of course, but also kinda not... :P
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
AdamSavage

That would be so annoying. I don't think I would play. I dislike pvp servers. If I wanted to kill horde, I would go to a BG.

Dr. Who Video!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Same. I don't even know what the point of the Warden Tower areas is, unless they think it will soften the attitude of players towards PvP and give the PvP team a stronger position. Of course it's not real PvP and player attitudes aren't going to change. If I wanted to do PvP, and experience all the nasty crap that goes along with it, then I'd join a PvP server.
AdamSavage

If there was a way to offically kill WoW, turning all servers into a PVP servers would be the way to do it. Nothing fun about being ganked while trying to do a quest, or farm for herbs etc. Whenever the game pulls me into pvp realm on world quest, I typically leave group right away. Depends if there is a alot of horde around me and if I'm close enough to the group, that the horde wont try anything.

As for the Item lvl Scaling.. I'm just waiting to see what sort of damage control they do. I get the feeling the deception comes from higher up (management ?), and the Dev's and blue posters are the ones taking the heat for it. This is a pretty big mess up. They first said they where fine with us killing the mobs very quickly, then they sneak in this item lvl scaling thing. When confronted they lie about it, and try to pin the blame on the players. That's not a very smart business decision if you ask me.

Time will tell, how this plays out.

Dr. Who Video!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I think Ion himself was addressing it, and he's the lead now. So at least he isn't hiding from it. I wish that brave when facing the fact that almost no player likes what has happened to their class in Legion, but that was such an enormous and destructive recode that there's no way they can simply go back and so their only real recourse is to hold their heads high and pretend everything is fine.
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Wain wrote:How many expansions do you think, before they decide to try to make all servers PvP, because it will dramatically slow down player consumption of content and that idea just becomes too tempting for certain leads. :P Maybe they're already working on it now with all the pseudo-PvP areas springing up. Maybe next expac we'll see them cover twice as much of the zones, and so on... :P

Step 1: Insert Pseudo-PVP areas in game
Step 2: Make opposite-faction names appear in orange so it kinda looks like they might be hostile on PvE servers
Step 3: ????
Step 4: Profit!
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

To be fair, I really like the "opposite faction = orange when not flagged" thing—it's a little disconcerting at first, but if you're one of those players who plays with both friendly and enemy names turned on, you can see at a glance who you can potentially party with and who you can't.

It's weird to me that it's ONLY on PvE servers, though—in sanctuaries on my PvP server (which I still hate, but Broken Isles isn't CRZ'd the way the rest of the Broken Shore is so it's marginally less bad if I just stay in 7.2-exclusive areas here) everybody's still blue regardless.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Wain wrote:How many expansions do you think, before they decide to try to make all servers PvP, because it will dramatically slow down player consumption of content and that idea just becomes too tempting for certain leads. :P Maybe they're already working on it now with all the pseudo-PvP areas springing up. Maybe next expac we'll see them cover twice as much of the zones, and so on... :P

They ever really do this then it truly is the end of WOW seeing as so many players avoid PVP and to have it thrust upon them would mean a mass exodus and WOW will die Blizzard won't have any players and be forced to shut down about 95% of the servers.

I highly doubt they are that stupid but if they did this I am gone for good I despise PVP I loathe PVP I hate it with every fiber of my soul.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I love the Warden towers means I can farm honor easy peasy :lol:

I mean it's not like you are forced to do them anyhow like the flying Kirin tor one. That's poos.

About Item lvl scaling I've not found that much of a difference really. If you'd not of told me I'd not of known :lol:
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I don't really mind the warden towers if only because there's almost never (I think ONCE I've seen a couple) any opposing faction people around them. And when you get done with whatever, it's whistle and zoom to safety. I don't see Blizzard 'forcing people to PVP' since PVE servers outnumber PVP servers like 4-1 or something. If anything, I think the warden tower areas were added to let total-casual-I-suck-at-pvp players (like me) get some token honor points for mog stuff without having to endure the misery of BGs.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

AdamSavage wrote:If there was a way to offically kill WoW, turning all servers into a PVP servers would be the way to do it. Nothing fun about being ganked while trying to do a quest, or farm for herbs etc.
Although I have to admit that it has been a while ago, I once joined a PvP realm because a friend wanted help leveling there.
So I created my character, jumped into the game and leveled. Nothing happened! Not one single attack from level 1 to level 90.
I had more trouble with people attacking crossroads on my initial RP-PvE realm than I had on the PvP realm.

And yes, I can see that people are up in arms because of Blizzard not telling the truth and maybe even hiding the change.

But honestly, if out of millions of players only one thousand come forward, I'd also assume that most of them, like Vephriel, hadn't even noticed the change.
And I'd also pay no mind to this minority. People playing this game still don't seem to understand that this is a mass product. It's designed to make a lot of people enjoy it, even if a few are pissed off and leave.
Think of a restaurant: A lot of people come to eat at your place but two keep complaining.
Would you change your receipe when hundreds of others seem to enjoy the food you serve?
AdamSavage

Well everytime I get pulled over to a pvp realm, I typically get ganked. When I'm trying to get into a mythic plus group, I don't really want to leave group.

Dr. Who Video!

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

AdamSavage wrote:Well everytime I get pulled over to a pvp realm, I typically get ganked. When I'm trying to get into a mythic plus group, I don't really want to leave group.
Easy. Don't sign up to join PVP realm mythic+ groups. It will say what sort of realm it is on the request/group join.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

AdamSavage

Nachtwulf wrote:Easy. Don't sign up to join PVP realm mythic+ groups. It will say what sort of realm it is on the request/group join.
I could yes, but it's hard enough to get into groups as it is. You also have no way of knowing if you will get pulled into a pvp realm as other people join the group. I have my add on for world quest, set to NOT bring me into PVP realms, but it does anyway.

Dr. Who Video!

AdamSavage

I did some math on the scaling, and it seems to be about a 7% increase in health. What I did was screenshot a couple mobs in broken shore on my hunter, then went to my lock who is about 10-12 item lvl below me, and compared the difference. It's actually very slight. In then end, at worst. It might take you an extra second to to kill something.Depending largly on the type of mob. The larger mobs, that have 20-50 Million HP. You are looking at and extra 1.4 Million to 3.5 Million HP.

Dr. Who Video!

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I was doing the broken island for the first time yesterday and tbh I didn't notice anything was terribly hard - except maybe elites take a little bit more to kill on my own but that's about it. If I hadn't of known I doubt I would of even noticed.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~