Item lvl Scaling

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Item lvl Scaling

Unread post by pop »

It's a slippery slope

I don't care much about it but I am angry because they didn't put it in the PTR notes and they ignored those who found the scaling during PTR.

This is the slippery slope where developers know that they still can get subs because instead of adding something that is meaningful and fun, they can just add something that would cost players' something that they can't buy; TIME.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Vephriel wrote:Honestly, I never even noticed it until someone mentioned it. I don't see a problem with it, they even went and tweaked it again so that enemy damage no longer scales and they reduced how much their health scaled overall.

It makes sense to me, since world content is /always/ relevant in an expansion like this with World Quests, and I understand why they don't want all of that to just become inconsequential as players continue to gear up. The content isn't getting harder, it's just staying on par. I can still breeze through them easily (again, I never even noticed the scaling), so I don't think it's anything to be worried about or throw a fuss over.
If it's barely noticeable, why put it in the first place? Just scrap the whole thing if it's barely noticeable.

And there's other way to make the older content still relevant>

here's a novel idea, why not create an item that lower's player gear score to 850 but gives the players a buff that the rewards they get from older wq content more lucrative (higher rep rewards, better ilvl items, higher resource and ap rewards) , that way it both sides win; those who wants to make it harder gets to make it harder and get better rewards and those who wish to just want to get over with it get to be left alone.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

God, it's not the end of the world. They've been putting things in that they haven't announced 'in the patch notes' for literally years. People still play. There's probably still shit in there that they haven't mentioned and no one's noticed. (In fact, I'd lay money on it.) They didn't announce the tier token change either in the patch notes, but there it is. (And it makes me happy.) Ooo, eerrr, takes half a second longer to kill a mob. Big flippy do.

'Slippery slope' is a fallacy of debate anyway.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Nachtwulf wrote:God, it's not the end of the world. They've been putting things in that they haven't announced 'in the patch notes' for literally years. People still play. There's probably still shit in there that they haven't mentioned and no one's noticed. (In fact, I'd lay money on it.) They didn't announce the tier token change either in the patch notes, but there it is. (And it makes me happy.) Ooo, eerrr, takes half a second longer to kill a mob. Big flippy do.

'Slippery slope' is a fallacy of debate anyway.
aain, if just take half a second more, why put it in anyway? Big flippy do
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Castile wrote:I was doing the broken island for the first time yesterday and tbh I didn't notice anything was terribly hard - except maybe elites take a little bit more to kill on my own but that's about it. If I hadn't of known I doubt I would of even noticed.
which makes the change nonsensical anyway and shouldn't be made live.
AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Nachtwulf wrote:They've been putting things in that they haven't announced 'in the patch notes' for literally years. People still play
This is true, but this is also much bigger than minor little things. They also didn't put into a ptr patch, ignore the feedback and then flat out lie and blame the players, when confronted. Combine this with all the time gating in this patch. You have a pretty ticked off play comunity. Don't even get me started on the RNG luck with the gear tokens.. Because it's super fun to farm 15,000 shards and get nothing but versatility for stats.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!