Legion Assaults Removed from Pathfinder

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Legion Assaults Removed from Pathfinder

Unread post by Vephriel »

Sukurachi wrote:can someone explain to me: is there some sort of gated system on Broken Isles, where you have to finish off that heroic dungeon before further daily quests open on the Isle?

Because right now, I get 3-4 daily quests, then nothing until the next day. And bosses I've killed give next to no resources, 2-6 at a time. not worth it for the amount of work some of those bosses entail.

Do I HAVE to go do that Cathedral heroic dungeon quest before further quests appear?
(I've tried queuing for it, but dammit 30+ minutes is too long for me.)
No, that's pretty much all of it. The dungeon quest itself gives a nice amount of rep iirc, as does the one-time quest to complete a Legion Assault in any zone, but other than that it's as you see.

The people who have flying already are the ones that spent the time to farm rares and treasure chests to accumulate the supplies. Yes it's tedious and time-consuming, but one of my guildies did it and got flying yesterday, so it's certainly doable for people dedicated enough.

I personally don't have the stamina or patience for it, but it is possible. :lol: Otherwise yeah it's just a few WQs every day. Make sure you're utilizing the DMF buff for maximum gain, and also check out the new world boss that spawned today with the new tower, it gives 500 base rep I believe. Otherwise, yeah, as Rikaku said it's just the occasional extra treasure quest from the main hub there.
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Sukurachi wrote:can someone explain to me: is there some sort of gated system on Broken Isles, where you have to finish off that heroic dungeon before further daily quests open on the Isle?

Because right now, I get 3-4 daily quests, then nothing until the next day. And bosses I've killed give next to no resources, 2-6 at a time. not worth it for the amount of work some of those bosses entail.

Do I HAVE to go do that Cathedral heroic dungeon quest before further quests appear?
(I've tried queuing for it, but dammit 30+ minutes is too long for me.)
If u have the time and will. You can run around looking for chests and rares and slowly but surely get enough legion war supplies to turn in. Each turn in, gives you 165 rep after 10% Darkmoon fair buff is applied. I'm @ 60.35%. I was @ 38.04% two days ago, so at this rate. I should have flying in a few days. The sooner the better, as the grind is borning and tiring, but sort of fun at the same time.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I'm STILL working on Draenor Pathfinder, soooo..... :lol:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
AdamSavage

Rhyela wrote:I'm STILL working on Draenor Pathfinder, soooo..... :lol:
I managed to grind that out in about 2 weeks time. The grind was unreal and was glad to be done with it.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bristlenose »

I should be grinding out flying in Legion but so far I just have not felt the motivation like I did with Draenor (which itself was less than the eagerness to fly in Pandaria). I guess I have played long enough and have gotten to the point I know I will get there soon enough. There is no rush because I know this is it for the next few months and I may as well enjoy the content.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Well, I've opened chests, killed rare/elites, and done the very VERY few dailies that appear to me, and my progress bar is barely advancing.

Chests and elite/rares barely give 3-7 resources. With the need for 100 resources for every turn-in, it's a ridiculously low drop rate.

Today I was able to do exactly 1 turn-in of resources, only 3 quests popped up today.

After the amount of grinding we've had to do for everything up to this point, I believe it is in really poor taste for Blizzard to impose another ridiculously long grind on flying.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

AdamSavage

I'm only getting about 758 - 1,200 rep per day. So yes, I feel your pain. It's slow going.

Dr. Who Video!

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

758 to 1,200?????????

that's already considerably more than I'm getting. So far the most I've been able to do is 2 turn ins, and that was today because I was able to be online all day to check soon as new quests popped. I tried hunting for chests, but there were almost none, and they contained at most 2-5 resources.

On the other hand, I have WAY more Class Hall resources than I could ever need, because THAT seems to be coming out in massive quantities from those tiny chests.

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

AdamSavage

Sukurachi wrote:758 to 1,200?????????

that's already considerably more than I'm getting. So far the most I've been able to do is 2 turn ins, and that was today because I was able to be online all day to check soon as new quests popped. I tried hunting for chests, but there were almost none, and they contained at most 2-5 resources.

On the other hand, I have WAY more Class Hall resources than I could ever need, because THAT seems to be coming out in massive quantities from those tiny chests.
Yeah I got about 40k Class Hall Resources and nothing to spend it on really. I find quite a few chests, and rares. I just keep going around different places. I also spend about 3- 4 hours or more lookign for chests and rares.. The small islands sometimes have them. When you come across a flying disc, jump on that and go around the main island. Eventually you start to learn where the chest tend to show up and it makes your route little less random.

Here is a video I found, that shows some of the locations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqESnEzp0a8

Dr. Who Video!

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

I don't do chests and very rarely kill rares and I'm halfway to revered, so not sure what you're doing or not doing that's slowing your progress. This is no slower than any of the other reps this xpac.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I'm doing every single quest that pops on Broken shore, and that's very very few.
At this point I'm 3000/12,000.
But with the paucity of quests I can't get enough of the Broken Shore resources to do more than a single hand-in of 100 per day. that means my rep is going up by 150 per day. At this rate it will take 2 months to get to revered.
I've gotten a bit of resources from my Hunter Lodge mission table, but now that they boosted the level cap on followers - excuse me, "champions" - to 900, for some reason all I'm getting are level 900 missions, and my champions are nowhere near 900. so every mission is a real crapshoot.

"Step on no pets!"

AdamSavage

Spend a few hours one day and look for rares and chests. That's why I do.. I'm a minner, so I'm used of spending hours farming something.

Dr. Who Video!

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

I'm at about 7/12k and was at 6k this morning so I figure I'm getting 500-1k rep a day, which is fine with me. I do a full round of Broken Shore dailies every day, if I happen across a rare or a chest during that time then that's a bonus, but I don't look for them.

I did use the DMF buff while it was available, when I remembered to... I wish I'd had the foresight to take better advantage of that.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Today again I logged on and there were only 2 quests.

"Step on no pets!"

Vephriel

Sukurachi wrote:Today again I logged on and there were only 2 quests.
I tend to do all of the WQs like as soon as they're up so often there's a very long 'cooldown' period before the next round shows up, and maybe only like 2 more will pop up during the day for me after I've completed them, but I think it must be around 6 or so in a full day?? I just got home from work and haven't touched them since yesterday evening, and there are 5 up for me right now which I'm going to do, and then I expect I might see like 1 or 2 more at most tonight.

I'm also going to run around and kill all the rares that I see up, and if I encounter any treasure chests, then it's a nice bonus. The rares /do/ add up. Even if it's not much, I find usually 10-15 of them will give me enough for another supply turn-in so I usually try to get at least one 'extra' turn in through that, even if it's not all at once, I just periodically kill rares throughout the day to make that 100 mark.

Attachments
Image1.png
Image1.png (642.78 KiB) Viewed 3365 times
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

I had all Broken Shore WQs cleared late last night. It's been about 16 hrs now and I just logged in and there's 5 (4 + the pet battle). At least 1 or 2 more will pop up late tonight. 6-7 WQs a day in a zone is more than enough for me.
AdamSavage

6 Quest per 24 hour period sounds about right. My lock has 150 Legion Supplies from all quests in that area, acording to the World Quest Add on I have. 25 per quest, times 6 in total. Would give me 150.

Dr. Who Video!

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

well, on my server I have NOT seen 4-7 quests.
today there was a dungeon quest, and two regular dailies. and that was it.
just now an "elite word quest" showed up, except it's bugged because of a world boss, which means that quest is a no go.

"Step on no pets!"

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Vephriel wrote:
Sukurachi wrote:Today again I logged on and there were only 2 quests.
I tend to do all of the WQs like as soon as they're up so often there's a very long 'cooldown' period before the next round shows up, and maybe only like 2 more will pop up during the day for me after I've completed them, but I think it must be around 6 or so in a full day?? I just got home from work and haven't touched them since yesterday evening, and there are 5 up for me right now which I'm going to do, and then I expect I might see like 1 or 2 more at most tonight.

I'm also going to run around and kill all the rares that I see up, and if I encounter any treasure chests, then it's a nice bonus. The rares /do/ add up. Even if it's not much, I find usually 10-15 of them will give me enough for another supply turn-in so I usually try to get at least one 'extra' turn in through that, even if it's not all at once, I just periodically kill rares throughout the day to make that 100 mark.

Just to add to this, when I farmed resources, I also ended up sort of "memorizing" which rare happened to spawn where. Sometimes I would find that when I was in Dalaran I'd see 6 or so "rare skulls" on my map to kill in Broken Shore, but when I got there, the skulls were gone. But if I ran to the location (skull or no skull), sometimes the rare would be up. Sometimes it would show up with the gold elite dragon portrait not the silver rare dragon one. When I killed it, it would still drop a few resources.

TL;DR even if you see a rare that isn't showing up on the map, if you haven't killed it that day its still worth the time for the drops!

The rares do definitely add up. Whenever I got home from work I would basically use Emerald Winds, Water Walking from Water Strider pet, goblin gliders... to get around the island pretty fast collecting chests and rares. I would maybe only see a handful of WQ in a day (maybe 1-2 up at a time, several hours apart). I definitely have not seen 4+ up, with the exception of actual "patch day" when everything was up (so even something like Veph's screenshot would be rare to me, unless I missed a day farming).

The only other thing I would recommend is go for the "rep" missions on your order hall board. If you can, definitely go for 200% missions (if you can spare the champions and resources). Getting the 200% actually helped a lot, even if the mission wasn't for Legionfall Insignias. All rep token missions (like Dreamweavers) have a 200% bonus that's the "Tribute of the Isles" (i believe that's the name). The item can open up into any rep token, and it can open into Legionfall Insignias (I got a few this way). So I made sure my top priority missions were the Legionfall Resources first (since they rarely showed up), then Legionfall Insignias, and finally "any legion rep" that I could get 200% Tribute on.

Vephriel

The big weekly quests also give 1500 rep, tomorrow there will be a new one, so those are a nice boost too! (I'll be getting flying tomorrow with it for sure :D )