Legion Assaults Removed from Pathfinder

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: Legion Assaults Removed from Pathfinder

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Xella wrote:It's also worth mentioning that once you DO get flying (which I did last night, as a chorus of angels descended from above and sang heavenly hymns), the invasions are pretty fantastic exp for characters that can do Legion content but aren't 110 yet; you don't get to do the end scenario (oops speaking of which there's weapon transmog from the scenario, I should stop ignoring them on my capped characters) but the world quests themselves are available and were giving something like 4x the amount of exp that a regular quest at my level was giving (plus the regular WQ reward, which is usually a fairly sizeable chunk of order resources or AP or gold or more experience).
Ok, that is FANTASTIC to know. I have a few semi leveled characters (leveled through pet battling, so they have no gear, no resources, etc) so with a "bodyguard" I should be able to get some power leveling done on those toons, plus a bit of gear/extras.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

do mobs in those invasion quests scale with your toons?
would a level 101 toon face mobs that are made for level 110 players? or would they be scaled down to a more suitable difficulty to level 101 players?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

They're scaled down, like all other mobs in the zones the invasions happen in. That said, some of them DO seem to hit harder than regular mobs at that level and my warrior was having some difficulty in the cave in Highmountain (the one where you gotta burn four books, close two portals, kill twelve demons, and the named guy), so you may not want to go completely hog wild with pulling until you know you can handle it.

Then again, the warrior was likely running into difficulties because the respawn in there was CRAZY, so having less than four mobs on my face at any given time seemed impossible; my DH did it directly after and she had no problems at all (she's vengeance vs fury though so idk).
Last edited by Xella on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Sukurachi wrote:do mobs in those invasion quests scale with your toons?
would a level 101 toon face mobs that are made for level 110 players? or would they be scaled down to a more suitable difficulty to level 101 players?
I think they are scaled down. I've heard of people doing them on toons below 110, and that they give something like 3x the exp of a normal quest.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

they gave my level 109 toon MASSIVE amounts of exp. she did 4 quests and went from 33% of the level right to DING! level 110

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

AdamSavage

Sukurachi, have you gotten your flying yet ?
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

AdamSavage wrote:Sukurachi, have you gotten your flying yet ?
Yes, i finally got it.. got a bunch of class hall missions that gave me the missing rep.

on a mildly-related topic to the thread:

did they retune the legion invasions or something?
I have NEVER had this much trouble getting through the final scenario of an invasion before. Today I did it on my hunter and on my warlock, and they both died multiple times (the warlock less-so because he had his own personal rez). but everyone in both groups I was in was bitching about how hard the scenario was suddenly. And no one was slacking off (though one member of the group with my hunter kept pulling large groups of mobs towards us... NOT helpful).

"Step on no pets!"

AdamSavage

I wouldnt hold it past blizzard to do something like that.

Dr. Who Video!