Troll catforms edit

Ramsey
Realm: Burning Legion/ Argent Dawn

Troll catforms edit

Unread post by Ramsey »

I'm not sure if someone remembers me but long time ago I was giving feedback regarding Troll catforms and how their design and quality went terribly wrong.

And now with Legion the catforms were updated alas, troll models still face same issue as they used to have, that is :
-night elf eyebrows
-wrong texture on ears
- color mismatch, especially when compared to bear form.

So I got my hands on WoW Model Viewer exported the models and edited them. Here is how those models should look like if they bothered to adress the mentioned above issues:

http://imgur.com/a/wkSpG

Please keep in mind it's still WIP, I need to make sure textures are top quality and there are no odd lone pixels xD
I inteded to give necklace insteads those weird beard-braids but then I realised there would be clipping issues. So I halted with that.

I'll keep you updated. I want to do 2 more options, normal orange tiger, and one other if it would be implemented.

Once I'm sure models are fine I'll send it to Blizzard.

I hope you'll enjoy my suggestions.
Valka
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: WrA US

Re: Troll catforms edit

Unread post by Valka »

I've always loved the idea of the bear and cat forms matching a lot more than they currently do, like with hair, fur and marking colour. I like where you are going with it. Keep it up!

Image Valka - Nagrand (US)

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Very cool! I really like the color shift to match the bear forms- I always thought the stripes on the cats looked like they'd been drawn on in cheap marker, all transparent and weird. Love the more saturated colors and stripes especially!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Ink Dragon
Realm: icecrown, wyrmrest accord

Unread post by Ink Dragon »

These are very nice. Much better then the current defaults. Have you considered doing a model/skin fix for the bat form too?

I'd personally love to see this in game, as well as a fix for worgens(some bear/cat forms don't match, it's like a skin got swapped)
Ramsey
Realm: Burning Legion/ Argent Dawn

Unread post by Ramsey »

Oh thank you for replies. And yes, I was considering to make batform however it requires far more work than teexture edit.

I also wonder to edit the catforms further as I'm not really happy on how the flat the mane looks like, my first concept look:

http://pre06.deviantart.net/1bb9/th/pre ... 31bppf.jpg

So I'll continue my efforts to make them more "tigery".

Besides, don't you think that this is how troll catfom should look like by default? :

Now back to my edits, I know that I should make with the grey/white combo to look bear darker or tiger lighter.

But I wanted to know how do you like it fist, as on mmo champion I didn't get any attention, so I was thinking about making art-blog later where I could publish this kind of stuff.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Oohhh, you did those DA edits a while back? I always loved those, and thought they were a fairly ideal way to edit the existing forms! ...Admittedly, I'm with you- the feathery tiger Feral Druid kitties are the true ideal.

And Ink Dragon, don't get me started on the missmatched worgen forms. Or the worgen forms in general.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Ink Dragon wrote:These are very nice. Much better then the current defaults. Have you considered doing a model/skin fix for the bat form too?

I'd personally love to see this in game, as well as a fix for worgens(some bear/cat forms don't match, it's like a skin got swapped)
You mean how the brown cat with green eyes is with the brown bear with purple eyes and vice versa? That literally was in cata beta like that and I reported it then and have since then and they've NEVER fixed it. Trust me, it infuriates me lol.