NPCs attacking each other

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

NPCs attacking each other

Unread post by Quiv »

Has anyone else noticed NPC that attack each other? I'm not referring to the ones that are obviously coded to do so.

For example, I was doing the Broken Shore beginning scenario on my shaman and ended up pulling 394689346 mobs and died. I was waiting on the mobs to reset so I could ankh, but they ended up fighting each other. It was bizarre, demons fighting demons.

I also had it happen on the broken shore proper, the rare Imp Mother Bruva. I got overwhelmed fighting her and the little imps she summons and that are near her. When I died however, she starting attacking the imps. While in combat she would then summon more imps and proceed to fight them. It was a bizarre thing to witness, and I got a screenshot of it I can upload tonight.

Anyone notice these anomalies?
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Re: NPCs attacking each other

Unread post by Xella »

I've had it happen too, and almost exclusively a) on my paladin (back when she was squishy enough that she COULD die to things) and b) on the Broken Shore or in otherwise 7.2-exclusive environments (that stupid cave world quest in the Highmountain invasion where it's so easy to get swarmed by mobs while waiting for excrutatingly long respawn quest items). Something weird's happening with the demons in this patch, and I wonder if it's because they're coded in such a way to also attack nearby NPCs like deer and such, but there's either no coding or missed coding so that they don't also attack each other if they're already in combat?

I don't see them do it without my (death) interference, but it's super weird to watch lol
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Re: NPCs attacking each other

Unread post by Shelassa »

I had it happen with me and the Imp Mother, too!
I did not die, but my pet got stuck in textures of her, um, pool (?) and she reset a couple of times within the first 10% of her health. While I was busily dismissing and calling the pet back, she was already fighting her imps. It was bizarre.