PSA: Send your alts AK 40 (if you've reached it)

Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: several...

PSA: Send your alts AK 40 (if you've reached it)

Unread post by Funk »

Many of you may already be aware of this, but since the new artifact knowledge cap has been dropped to 40, the BoA tomes that can be purchased will teach your alts ak 40 (if they have any orders running it will teach them 40-(# of ak orders your alt has running currently) and these orders will be instantly completed and able to pick up). This is different from pre-7.2 where the purchasable tomes were 5 ak levels lower than that of the character you bought the tome on.

As before, you can purchase this tome on characters who have earned ak 40, from the same NPC you place orders with. It costs 1000 order resources and as stated is BoA.

If you have kept up with orders on at least one character since 7.2 you will probably have ak 40 now. If you have not, then I apologize for throwing salt in the wound.

Apologies if this has been posted already.
funk#1402

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: PSA: Send your alts AK 40 (if you've reached it)

Unread post by Vephriel »

Thanks for the reminder! I keep meaning to but getting distracted with class mount quests and taming and such. I have so many resources on my main there's no reason not to give all of my alts instant 40 AK though. :D
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

Vephriel wrote:Thanks for the reminder! I keep meaning to but getting distracted with class mount quests and taming and such. I have so many resources on my main there's no reason not to give all of my alts instant 40 AK though. :D
I'm in the same boat. My warrior has soooo many resources, the 1000 for the tome is worth it just to insta-finish my alts' orders. Meanwhile my poor alts are resource starved D:
funk#1402

Vephriel

Funk wrote:
Vephriel wrote:Thanks for the reminder! I keep meaning to but getting distracted with class mount quests and taming and such. I have so many resources on my main there's no reason not to give all of my alts instant 40 AK though. :D
I'm in the same boat. My warrior has soooo many resources, the 1000 for the tome is worth it just to insta-finish my alts' orders. Meanwhile my poor alts are resource starved D:
That's what blood of sargeras is good for! :) I'm drowning in it on my main, so I just buy the resource caches from the trader and mail them to my alts. Neverending supply!
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

I know, but my main actually doesn't have that much (my warrior has the pet bag shoulder enchant, and alts have the blood enchant... but I should really switch this around).
funk#1402

Vephriel

Aw, no worries then. I'm not sure why I accumulate so much, it just seems to drop a lot through means of casual daily questing and whatnot, and since I don't really use it myself for any crafting I always have a huge pile of it in the bank.
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

Yeah, usually I will go through periods where I'll play an alt a bit consistently, and I usually accumulate a lot of bloods this way. The bloods usually get filtered into resources but then I'll go through periods where I don't do much more than maybe log on to a character just to do a few missions, and then the pool drains again. I'm in a period where most of my alts are resource starved right now but not a heck of a lot of time to play sadly.

AK 40 is still nice for when I do play them again :)
funk#1402

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I wish I'd thought of this ahead of time and stopped feeding the AK work orders! My lesser alts are now AK 40, but another, more active alt is still 38 because he's waiting on those last two orders to complete :P
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

Wain wrote:I wish I'd thought of this ahead of time and stopped feeding the AK work orders! My lesser alts are now AK 40, but another, more active alt is still 38 because he's waiting on those last two orders to complete :P
You CAN send it to the alt with ak 38 - if he uses it, it will autocomplete them. depends if the 1k resources is worth it for you.
funk#1402

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I wish it was cross factioned
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Funk wrote:
Wain wrote:I wish I'd thought of this ahead of time and stopped feeding the AK work orders! My lesser alts are now AK 40, but another, more active alt is still 38 because he's waiting on those last two orders to complete :P
You CAN send it to the alt with ak 38 - if he uses it, it will autocomplete them. depends if the 1k resources is worth it for you.
Awesome thanks! I totally forgot that it caused them to complete, but you still have to go pick them up. I tried it and saw I was still 38 and figured it simply hadn't worked :P
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

pop wrote:I wish it was cross factioned
If you're referring to the compendium, they're listed as Bind to Account so you should be able to. My ally hunter main who hit 40 sent one to my horde shaman. Are you having trouble sending it?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=147854/arti ... umes-i-vii
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Quiv wrote:
pop wrote:I wish it was cross factioned
If you're referring to the compendium, they're listed as Bind to Account so you should be able to. My ally hunter main who hit 40 sent one to my horde shaman. Are you having trouble sending it?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=147854/arti ... umes-i-vii
wait what? THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Its so good! A few WQ on a fresh 110 and your artifact is so far ahead.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Yeah i sent AK 40 to my alts and honestly it's a blast. I've been having so much fun doing the same old quests for the umpteenth time, but watching my Artifact go crazy is just really fun.

I spent an hour on my Pally and went from 30/0/0 to 48/38/39. Started the empowered traits now. It's ridiculous lol

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It is pretty good :) Farming my third wolfhawk mount now. Then onto my DK pets I think.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Worth mentioning that, unlike the AK35 book, you can also "skip" the broken shore scenario with the AK40 book. By which I mean, with the AK35 book, it would only take you to 25 if you hadn't done the scenario and the quest to get to 26, at which point you had to use a second book to go up to 35. This is not the case with the 40 book, and you'll just go straight to 40 from 1.

Which is glorious. I mean, I will still eventually have to do the broken shore scenario (uuuuuggggggh) to unlock the actual broken shore quests and such on my baby lock, but I really didn't want to do that at like, ilvl 800 or whatever she is right now.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Xella wrote:Worth mentioning that, unlike the AK35 book, you can also "skip" the broken shore scenario with the AK40 book. By which I mean, with the AK35 book, it would only take you to 25 if you hadn't done the scenario and the quest to get to 26, at which point you had to use a second book to go up to 35. This is not the case with the 40 book, and you'll just go straight to 40 from 1.
I could be wrong but I thought that was a bug that they hotfixed, i.e. the AK35 book was intended to let alts bypass the Broken Shore quest, it just wasn't initially.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Oh, that's also a possibility—I didn't catch that hotfix note if so, but I know my ex-GL and I spent a good twelve hours kvetching about it back and forth (I discovered it and told him, he didn't get the note and complained about it when he discovered it a few hours later, I got up from my nap and replied, etc. lol)

Either way, AK40 is glorious. Not as glorious as 50 would have been, but my mage got her minipet disc yesterday afternoon (I've wanted one of those forever! I'm so excited), and now I gotta decide which alt gets focused next, lol :x
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.