Worth coming back??

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Worth coming back??

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I've not played WoW since 02/09/17 and was thinking of possibly coming back. :?
Have I missed a lot?
Is it even worth it or should I just wait for 7.3 to drop?
I'm still quite upset that just to get the class hall mounts is a grindfest just like everything else now. I didn't even have Legion Pathfinder One before I left.
I've been reading the forums of course trying to keep up but it seems like I'm not really missing anything. There's no rush since it's all phased anyway right?
I know ultimately it's up to me to decide to come back or not.
But.
Is anyone willing to do a sum up of everything I've missed the last 5 months?
It would be very helpful and appreciated.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Worth coming back??

Unread post by Vephriel »

Honestly, Legion is an incredible expansion and a great time to come back. If it weren't for my intense love of WotLK I could say this is easily my favourite expansion yet, but it's nudged right up there beside Wrath in a close second. :)

There's a lot of catch up mechanics, and like you said, there's no rush if you come back and want to get started! Just take it at your own pace, there's plenty to do and experience. I'm not really sure how to sum up anything, I really think it's best to just come and play the expansion yourself, but that's your call. My boyfriend just returned to the game recently and it didn't take him long at all to get caught up and even get flying for the Broken Isles.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I dunno. The flip side is that if you weren't enjoying doing Legion Pathfinder 1, you're not going to enjoy doing Legion Pathfinder 1+2. Two is much quicker, but it's still the same thing it's always been—run around and discover the subzones, and grind rep by doing world quests (and, to be fair, the steps toward the mount give a fair amount of rep as well).

I'm not enjoying Tomb very much, but that may be because of my current raiding situation (or lack thereof; my guild currently has a roster of about seven so every raid is normal/heroics with no chance of mythic progression, and every raid is at least partially pugs). I'm half-enjoying doing random things on various alts (11/12 classes are 110 with a couple duplicates, 8/12 have their mounts, 7/16 "Power Ascended" goodies have been collected, 9/12 season 3-4 PvP mog sets are complete, three alts have Balance of Power done and the fourth is slogging her way through Suramar questing for revered Nightfallen now, and so on); some days I really enjoy it and some days it's... well, it's a slog.

There's one very nice questline on/from the Broken Shore (if you care about Alliance stuff at all), but nothing that stands out beyond that one line, and I don't think they'll take that out in 7.3. So I guess it's up to you; there's stuff to enjoy about WoW but it's the same stuff we've always had, so if that doesn't tickle your fancy, waiting 'til 7.3 wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

I don't know that anything major has changed save bm getting 2 charges of dire beast or dire frenzy baseline. AP can be collected a bit faster now too, and certain rep based things are easier thanks to lower requirements.

Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

Honestly? I'd wait for 7.3 to drop.

I keep leaving WoW for a month or two at a time and then returning, only to find out there is still nothing much to do (I don't raid, only run low-ish (~10) M+ with friends couple times a week on few characters and find current PvP more atrocious than Hunter Class Design).

You said you were gone 5 months, which means you'd have the whole of Broken Chore opened to you - 12 quests, filled with finding chests, killing demons, killing some more demons and killing demons to loot marks from them. New dungeon, Cathedral of Eternal Night, and a new raid - Tomb of Sargeras (possibly, Nighthold, too, if you didn't run it). With the currentl ilvls the Broken Chore's Mage Towers to unlock your Challenge Appearances are becoming much easier, too.

On the good side: You can level your Artifact Knowledge to 40 over couple of days if you have enough resources. Then you can buy a book and send them to alts to get them to 40 instantly, which would ramp up their AP gains greatly, leading you to unlock Class Mounts and Class-specific battle pets, toys, etc. at a much faster rate.

BM Hunters got a nice change in terms of getting a 2nd charge of Dire Beast / Frenzy baseline and increased range on KC / DB / DF and Hati using Rush when your pet does. MM has become less dependent on Vulnerable, too. SV got patted on the shoulder.

Couple new Spirit Beasts - Gon and the Lost Spectral Gryphon and the whole new family of Feathermanes, too, with some pretty neat and unique pets.

There are neato Pet Battle Dungeons, if you're into it, although they get sorta boring after couple times, but you still will have to run them to get all the pets :D

EDIT: Oh, there is also The Deaths of Chromie scenario. It gives a couple of pets (bronze proto-drake and bronze drake), the title of Timelord and a transmog set (updated version of the Mistshroudfrom TBC). It is fun, but you really can get everything out of it in half a dozen runs, and then there is no reason to return.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Thanks for the replies all.

So it doesn't sound like something will go away and I'll miss out if I wait till 7.3 to come out.

I still very much love WoW. But found to almost constant grind-fest tiring, boring and effort after foolishness. I simply just DO NOT have the time to devote to grinding daily JUST for this one thing or JUST for that. I know my main was working on getting revered with the Wardens (the only rep not revered) when I stopped. She's like half way. I wonder how fast she could get the three remaining storylines for Good Suramaritan. Wardens rep may not be easy though.

Anyway. I'll ponder it out and decide.

Thank you again.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!