Silly question....

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Silly question....

Unread post by Ana »

As I never intend to return to WoW I have to ask.. is it still Illigal to sell ones WoW account? not that its worth anything other than the insane title..

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Silly question....

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hm, I'm not sure if it's illegal per se, but definitely against the terms and conditions. I don't think there'd be much risk to you as you're not going to be returning, so Blizzard couldn't really punish you, but the person buying it could get in trouble if it was found out, have the account potentially banned or something?

I've never really looked into that sort of thing so I can't say for sure, that's just my best guess.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Oki thanks .just seamed a shame letting it rot :)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

At one point a long while back, I considered selling my account.
I was actually filling out the forums on a website before I stopped and thought about it a little bit more.

Here are some things to consider:

MAJOR:
Blizzard will likely find out pretty quickly and freeze the account and ANY other account that has been used on your IP AND the new persons IP. Why is this a major thing?
Well imagine that YOU just bought an account from someone and paid a nice chunk of cash for it... Only to have it frozen :l Gone forever. So now you dont have an account OR your money! Most people will do a chargeback and get their money back, leaving the seller of the account with no account AND no money next.
Either way, both people are going to likely lose.

By selling your account, you're encouraging more people to search for accounts to buy, sell, and even buy gold. Sure, you're not going to be playing WoW any more. But encouraging gold/rule breaking spam in trade/whispers is not good.

MINOR:
Someone will be running around with your character name. Is that something that will bother you? They likely wont change the name, as the account will likely be used for botting, as most bought accounts are used for.
If you ever interacted with people on WoW, they might have added you to friends. You can't go and tell them that you sold your account, or blizzard will find out even faster. Do you mind your old friends interacting with someone who could potentially pretend to be you to further increase what they gain from your account?
There is a possibility that they might not merge your account with theirs/another. Considering RealID can show your real name... Are you okay with someone possibly having access to your real name?
On that same note... Are you okay with someone possibly having access to your old payment methods and/or past purchases on WoW's site?

Siggy under construction!