So about the brown and blue talbuk on argus...

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

So about the brown and blue talbuk on argus...

Unread post by Shade »

The Wild Cragscaler-why is it that so many of them cannot be attacked or targeted-but it you go up to the Grove of Naroua, they are?

Is this just a coding oversight on Bliz's part or intentional?

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why those specific talbuk are immune to everything yet all around them the rest of the local flora is attackable. For awhile there I was thinking it was because they are the mounts or pets of the locals-but if that was true they are the wrong color. These guys are tan/blue, while the locals seem to use only the purple variety. And it if is intentional, it seems a bit of a slap in the face for those hunting talbuk meat to tame panthera. :(
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: So about the brown and blue talbuk on argus...

Unread post by Wain »

I originally assumed they were part of a quest where it was safer to have them non-attackable. But if so, it's a quest I've never been given. :/
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: several...

Unread post by Funk »

I believe they are part of the wrangling quest in the petrified forest. I'm assuming the idea was that you could grab talbuk outside of the forest. Next time I bring an alt through I'll check.
funk#1402

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Ah, possibly. When doing the wrangling quest I've never left the forest. I just checked and they are the same ID as the wrangling ones. I wonder if that's a mistake, though, and they were intended to be the other ID.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.