Antorus - first impressions?

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Antorus - first impressions?

Unread post by Teigan »

So, anyone else head to Antorus yet? We did the first three bosses last night. The first two were disappointingly easy. I'm guessing they'll be more fun on heroic hehe. Though, something interesting did happen with the hounds! We were waiting to engage them and they sort of glitched out, disappeared and one reappeared way high up, one way down below the platform. Of course, when someone ran over to investigate, they came back XD
It was great to explore somewhere new though, and smack new things around! I didn't get any gear, but, that's fine. If I played MM, there would have been some awesome gloves, but, wrong stats.
I brought my long suffering and highly inappropriate shoveltusk. No one really seems to mind his occasional appearances, which is nice. The poor thing needs to get out the stables once in a while.

Anyone else? First impressions?
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Re: Antorus - first impressions?

Unread post by Boven »

My raid group got as far as the Coven before raid time ended (we didn't down them). We'll press on further tomorrow.

So far, it's not a bad raid on Normal. There are a lot of the same mechanics we've seen in boss fights all expansion, but a couple different/interesting ones. Eonar and Kin'garoth depart a little bit from the norm. Overall the fights seen fairly easy. We one-shot most of them, including one that was an unintentional facepull by a healer.

'Course, we'll see if I start hating it whenever we try it on heroic.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Actually I think the Felhounds play hide and seek, they repeated the movement of moving around and then jumping up onto the cliffs, then came back, over and over.

We went straight to heroic, the first few fights seemed really simple. I'm sure it ramps up a bit after that.
Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Unread post by Aggannor »

Cleared the normal on the launch day. Pretty easy, but we raided around half of mythic Tomb, so we were clearly overgeared. Couple of stupid wipes on few bosses with insta-wipe abilities (Varimathras, Kin'garoth). Argus was suprisingly easy, even when we had to fight weird server lag at the same time. But then again, mythic Tomb.

Went to heroic the next day. One stupid wipe to Worldbreaker, couple on dogs until we had our bear take the tank fears. On High Command things got real. Massive amount of mines, people needed to learn the pods and Fusillade really hurts after couple casts. However, went down pretty well when people got used to it. Also, the Elevator boss didn't mess around, he squished about third of our raid in one move. Spend the remaining evening on Portal Keeper, still have to hone our add killing tactic, imps had too many casts go through when upper portals opened.

Far too early to tell at the moment, but Antorus seems like a refreshing and good raid. Also loving that at the end of the instance coloring changes away from neon green and black gray.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

We accidentally ended up at H Portal Keeper (everyone being completely lost) and downed it on 2nd or 3rd pull? It was rather messy. I think to deal with the adds we had melee stay on the main platform and ranged in the portals, but that of course depends on your raid comp.

Eonar was even a bigger mess because about half the raid went to the wrong platforms, and in the end the surviving players were pretty much stuck soloing random mobs while racing Eonar's health and energy bar. But at least we now know how the splits go.

Imonar was rather fun. Navigating the bridge in a big group while hearing "Oops," "Who blew that up?" and "That was me" while people bumped into traps was a literal blast.
Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Unread post by Aggannor »

Some more progress done on heroic. Mostly good stuff. Mostly.

Really disliked Varimathras. That fight basicly boils down to "can your tanks find the right spots to stand in?" Once you find those spots after couple of pulls, he just falls over if you've killed everything before him, and thus know how to play the game.

Also disliking Coven, or to be more presice, the Storm of Darkness. Maybe there is some trick to it that we aren't aware (it is still the first week), but it feels like it could use a one second grace period between the safe zones spawning and damage starting. Damage is so high that it kills anyone in just a couple of seconds, and you must react to randomized zones while that damage is pouring in. On top of that, if you have the Pulse and safe zone didn't spawn on top of you, you're pretty much dead without an immunity. Add to that the randomized Torments, and you can have some pretty brutal overlaps, at least when comparing to previous bosses in the instance. Given how much smoother the fight comes after Asara leaves the arena, I'm honestly expecting some nerfs in a week or two, even if it's something simple like fixed order on Torments.

*Edit: And it's not like that I'm against hard bosses, this just feels such a high jump from previous ones.