In next expansion, what happens to class halls?

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Re: In next expansion, what happens to class halls?

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Yup, it does seem as though you are misunderstanding what I'm saying.
For NOW you can do all of these things of which you speak (by the way, there's no way I have ~5 hrs to play wow per evening).

BUT, as I said, when this expansion comes to a close, is in its last weeks and days, and when the new expansion comes out, people with alts that still require levelling, who have not finished doing all the Broken Isles material, will be out of luck. It WILL at that point be impossible to find a group to do the Broken Isles dungeons.

If we have to wait often hours at a time, trot off and harvest, quest, and whatnot while waiting for a queue to pop NOW, imagine what this will be like as time advances. THAT is what I'm talking about. Not this week (which is already proving problematic for DPS-class players) but next month, or the month after that, or the week before BfA comes out, or the first months of BfA, or even the entire duration of BfA.

Some of us play the game to get the story. had I just levelled by Rogue without doing his class hall campaign, I would have missed out on a great story-line, one of the main reasons I play an RPG. Let's try not to forget that WoW is, and always has been, an RPG, MMO or not. For many of us, the point of playing is not the phat loots but rather the experience of the story behind the overall events.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

You'll also likely outlevel the ability to queue for the dungeons before you complete them, and at that point you will likely have to wait until 120 (when they'll be soloable, at least on normal, assuming they don't break everything with the scaling/squish 2.0).

I've completed the order hall lines for all twelve classes, but I recently went to go do the warlock one again (since I'm putting so much time into my horde warlock for allied race unlocks, I figured I might as well try and maximize her rep token production via missions) and forgot that it required two of my least favourite dungeons. I specific queued for both normal and heroic versions of BRH and Vault; both queues popped within 25 minutes and both popped on heroic. The normal-only queue—which is the one you'll likely have the most luck in getting to pop in the future, because there's no point in doing 110 content for BfA-enabled characters—usually takes longer, and dungeons that only exist at 110 (like both BRH and Vault)... well, those queues will be like specific-queuing for UBRS or Oculus now. You can do it, but it takes forever and honestly by the time your queue pops you're probably in Outland/Cata content anyway.

Unfortunately, I don't think this is an especially pressing concern for Blizzard. They've shown pretty solidly that they're okay with players having to wait 'til the new max level to do content designed for the old. They also like making us choose between progressing our mains and playing with the new toys they give us for alts every expansion (new classes, new races, new leveling systems).

I really don't think it'll be difficult to solo the normal Legion dungeons for most classes/specs at 120, even as a brand new ding. Blows to have to wait that long, but... :\
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It’s also quite possible that the designers will remove some of these requirements if they become so hard to find groups for. Especially if they’re highlighted in the forums at the time.

It’s also possible that you could get a geared friend to help. It’s already easy to solo normal dungeons at our gear score. Should be a cinch if you have a 120 friend, or a character on another account ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I do understand what you're saying. As we get closer to BfA, it'll be harder to get into queue for these dungeons. But as I mentioned before, as did Wain, Normal dungeons are easily soloable with a decent ilvl. If you can't get into them whilst lvling, you can easily get the gear to do them yourself (or have a friend help you) at max.

Also, I do love the story. I play on an RP server and am a GM of one of the biggest RP guilds on it. I always try to learn as much about lore as possible. I get where you are coming from in that regards.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

thank-you all.
And thank-you Valnaaros.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.