Possible Leaked Allied Race?

Jacobzuk
Realm: Dentarg

Possible Leaked Allied Race?

Unread post by Jacobzuk »

I came across this looks like someone had found something and used a screen recording app to record it but looks interesting.

https://youtu.be/La4oI1EVj1o

Am I the only one who would reroll a Ogre as a new character if this was real?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Possible Leaked Allied Race?

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I'm going to call fake. Blizz most likely keeps a close eye on all employees and what they're doing. I highly doubt they wouldn't notice someone recording a future palayble race, especially with an app that is so obvious.

With that being said, I would love to have playable ogres, but I think they are a race that should be a true playable race with a full-on capital city, starting zone, mounts, etc.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for letting us know, but it does seem likely to be a fake. If they ever added ogres for real I imagine they would have to contrive a dwarfed version as the real ones are too big for standard player buildings etc. They'd otherwise be a fun race to play, though.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Jacobzuk
Realm: Dentarg

Unread post by Jacobzuk »

To big? Aren't they slightly bigger than the taurens tho?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

In lore, Tauren are a few feet taller than Ogres. An upright Tauren male is over ten feet tall, and females are over nine feet. Ogres, according to the RPG (Which is non-canon) are around eight feet. However, Blizz scaled down Tauren so that they could fit through doorways and such, and it has been that way since Vanilla's launch. Ogres were not scaled down and are taller than Tauren ingame. Whilst scaling Ogres down would fit the lore, people are used to seeing giant Ogres, and so such a change probably wouldn't be received very well.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Definitely a fake. Least I'm 98% sure. The borders of the screen are someone's Android phone. Last I checked WoW wasn't on the Google play store. :roll: I know there are a couple Android WoW clones out there.

But. I would roll a ogre.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!