WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:33 am 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Posts: 11838
Location: New zealand, auckland
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Sigrah wrote:
Lisaara wrote:
Image


Really? I thought it was this guy. I mean, come on, what *HASN'T* he burnt at this point?

Image



He's the true villain in BFA.

_________________
I am a professional 2D animator :3
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:51 am 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
Posts: 17411
Location: US
Realm: Moon Guard/Icecrown/Malygos
Gender: Demigirl
Lmfao! That's great...XD

_________________

Image
LisaaraFlight RisingFlowerfell Grove Hatchery
Sig Credits to Ashaine, Kamoodle, Sookie, Kurenio, Serenith, Ket Shi, Nili, Rongar, Britany, TheDoomcookie, Vyndara, and Vephriel!
Avatar Credits to Samskeyti, Moonlost, Lupisdarkmoon, Nili, Britany, Kasstra, Seilahyn, and Vephriel!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:07 am 
Offline
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:07 pm
Posts: 364
Location: Toronto Ont.
Realm: Uther
Image
As Teldrassil is consumed by vengeful fire, the time to strike back nears.

Fanart by JJcanvas Art

_________________
Image
A big thank-you to Vephriel for re-sizing this sig pic.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:28 am
Posts: 39
Realm: EU- Moonglade, Darkmoon Faire
Gender: female
Teigan wrote:
It seems the night elves have been nearly wiped out? I didn't realize that. I mean, of course they have. Most of them lived there.


Yea, I wonder why they feel so secure in annihilating a popular player race. Maybe they will hand out free race- and faction changes to all the nightelf players next?

I wonder if there would have been more outrage if it had been humans being massmurdered since Cataclysm, with Westfall and Elwynn being full of human corpses and now Stormwind being blasted to smithereens.

At any rate, that Classic server (IF they manage to make it truly like it was) sounds more and more tempting.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:02 pm 
Offline
 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:05 am
Posts: 4996
Maybe because it's mostly encapsulated in an inaccessible tree off in the ocean, because we aren't tripping over bodies, that it didn't sink in that that is what really happened.

It is weird, isn't it, because night elves are about as popular as blood elves?

_________________

Image


Flight Rising Lair



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:01 pm 
Offline
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:02 am
Posts: 352
Location: Michigan
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg
Gender: Male
Teigan wrote:
Maybe because it's mostly encapsulated in an inaccessible tree off in the ocean, because we aren't tripping over bodies, that it didn't sink in that that is what really happened.

It is weird, isn't it, because night elves are about as popular as blood elves?


Possibly, but then as fun as it might have been to create a storyline where Moira goes "bad" again and banishes all gnomes to Gnomeregan to become irradiated wouldn't be as investing for players :)

_________________

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Setanta (Night Elf) Blackhand


If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:14 pm 
Offline
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:10 am
Posts: 2746
Location: Québec, Canada
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)
Gender: male
Teigan wrote:
because night elves are about as popular as blood elves?


hard to tell if that was sarcasm... because Blood Elves are about as popular as hemorrhoids on the Horde side. We get constant flack for being the "gay race". A few weeks ago a guild mate and I were in front of the bank having a chat, both of us B.Elves, and some orc ran by and actually took a second to PM us "fa**ots".

_________________

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:28 am
Posts: 39
Realm: EU- Moonglade, Darkmoon Faire
Gender: female
they meant "popular" as in "most played".

Nelves are second most played race in Alliance, right after humans.
Belves make up almost 50% of the Horde playerbase (realmpop data).

so what if the Horde monster races are hating on belves?
If Blizzard hadn't forced them into the Horde to balance out faction numbers, the Horde might just as well pack up and leave.

Although I say, yes do it. Grant the "true Horde" their wish and take all elves out of the Horde.
Maybe they could join a new faction which also has nelves, velves, and high elves ( :P ) in it.

Then people who want to be a human knight in a smelly medieval city toting the pseudo-christianity religion can do just that, evil monster fans can play the true Horde, and people who dislike either concept and would rather be something close to nature, or magical, can be an elf.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:52 pm 
Offline
 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:05 am
Posts: 4996
Setanta wrote:
Teigan wrote:
Maybe because it's mostly encapsulated in an inaccessible tree off in the ocean, because we aren't tripping over bodies, that it didn't sink in that that is what really happened.

It is weird, isn't it, because night elves are about as popular as blood elves?


Possibly, but then as fun as it might have been to create a storyline where Moira goes "bad" again and banishes all gnomes to Gnomeregan to become irradiated wouldn't be as investing for players :)


That would also be a completely different scenario and I guess I don't see how that would make any sense? And yes, I know your sig says not to take anything you say seriously, so maybe you're trolling a little? I dunno. :?

Sukurachi wrote:
Teigan wrote:
because night elves are about as popular as blood elves?


hard to tell if that was sarcasm... because Blood Elves are about as popular as hemorrhoids on the Horde side. We get constant flack for being the "gay race". A few weeks ago a guild mate and I were in front of the bank having a chat, both of us B.Elves, and some orc ran by and actually took a second to PM us "fa**ots".


Whoa.
What.

I meant that they're popular in that they're popular? Um....
Lots of people play them.
They're well loved by the player base.

I sincerely did not mean to imply anything homophobic or hostile to you or anyone who plays a blood elf or night elf. I have characters of both those races myself and do not have a problem with them.

_________________

Image


Flight Rising Lair



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:09 pm 
Offline
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:02 am
Posts: 352
Location: Michigan
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg
Gender: Male
Teigan wrote:
That would also be a completely different scenario and I guess I don't see how that would make any sense? And yes, I know your sig says not to take anything you say seriously, so maybe you're trolling a little? I dunno. :?


Just a little bit :)

_________________

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Setanta (Night Elf) Blackhand


If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:45 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Posts: 3505
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male
NEs have been getting the short end of the stick for years now in terms of lore and story. When they aren't getting easily trampled by the Horde, they are having poor character development or being told how to strategize by a younger race.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:35 pm 
Offline
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:07 pm
Posts: 364
Location: Toronto Ont.
Realm: Uther
Image

_________________
Image
A big thank-you to Vephriel for re-sizing this sig pic.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:52 pm 
Offline
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:35 am
Posts: 656
Location: Lost in the Twilight Zone
Realm: Area 52
Gender: Male
Sukurachi wrote:
Teigan wrote:
because night elves are about as popular as blood elves?


hard to tell if that was sarcasm... because Blood Elves are about as popular as hemorrhoids on the Horde side. We get constant flack for being the "gay race". A few weeks ago a guild mate and I were in front of the bank having a chat, both of us B.Elves, and some orc ran by and actually took a second to PM us "fa**ots".


That sucks. Almost all my characters on the horde side are blood elves, and I’ve never gotten whispers like that. The only time I see crap like that is when people troll trade chat with it. Sorry to hear it’s happening to you, though.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:28 pm 
Offline
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:10 am
Posts: 2746
Location: Québec, Canada
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)
Gender: male
Teigan wrote:
Whoa.
What.

I meant that they're popular in that they're popular? Um....
Lots of people play them.
They're well loved by the player base.

I sincerely did not mean to imply anything homophobic or hostile to you or anyone who plays a blood elf or night elf. I have characters of both those races myself and do not have a problem with them.


No, I absolutely did NOT read anything offensive into your comment.
I just didn't know if it was a "Nigh elves are *snort* popular" comment or "yes, night elves are really popular" comment.
it's hard to tell tone from just reading text :-)

_________________

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:59 pm 
Offline
 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:05 am
Posts: 4996
Ah, yes, ok, that makes sense. Tone, is, indeed hard. Seeing as I misread your misreading of what I wrote :)

_________________

Image


Flight Rising Lair



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:22 pm 
Offline
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:02 am
Posts: 352
Location: Michigan
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg
Gender: Male
Kalasta wrote:
Image


I saw one on reddit that was Ragnaros being sad because someone beat him to it.

_________________

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Setanta (Night Elf) Blackhand


If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:40 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:21 pm
Posts: 4296
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord
Gender: Female
Image :lol: :mrgreen:

_________________

Image



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:55 pm 
Offline
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:10 am
Posts: 2746
Location: Québec, Canada
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)
Gender: male
As us Horde players keep getting told: Get over it.

_________________

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:31 am 
Offline
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:08 pm
Posts: 984
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)
It feels like Sylvanas had to have poor impulse control on her spite, in order to be a foil for Saurfang's character arc. I don't expect the horde story to be identical to the MoP story, with a rebellion within the horde and the players toppling the warchief. Maybe it will turn out that Sylvanas isn't really all of Sylvanas. The ancient Egyptians thought people had 5 souls, maybe our Sylvanas is just a reflection of original Sylvanas, and there's a Windrunner spirit off in elf heaven that's been oblivious to what's been going on. Or anything really, just not SoO redux.

I'm hoping, but not holding my breath, that at the end of BfA, there will be replacements for Teldrassil and Undercity. Teldrassil the stump looked horrible. They may be using this opportunity to redo it as a tree (with some Valsharah assets). And Undercity is the worst city for moving around in and getting in and out (Exodar and Silvermoon excluded). Alliance goes in, repairs surface Lorderon, newer models and better layout than UC, but can't maintain a occupation, so the horde retake it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:22 am 
Offline
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:02 am
Posts: 352
Location: Michigan
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg
Gender: Male
Both novellas are available to download and read as pdf files now.

_________________

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Setanta (Night Elf) Blackhand


If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group