Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Uther

New Warbringers cinematic: Azshara

Unread post by Kalasta »

https://youtu.be/hndyTy3uiZM

Guess this only means one thing....
"We shall rest....in ny'alotha.." :shock:

A big thank-you to Tårnfalk for re-sizing this sig pic.

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: New Warbringers cinematic: Azshara

Unread post by Vephriel »

This might be my favourite of them all, I'm so eager to see more Old God influences come back into the game! :D
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Good ole Old gods.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I just don't want things to all be Old God manipulation. I prefer actual characters and character development, even if it's kinda awful, to "oh, it was Old God corruption" That angle is a cop out along the lines of "....and they woke up and it was all just a dream". The Old Gods are very interesting, but have the potential to be overused.
Lamiara
Realm: EU- Moonglade, Darkmoon Faire

Unread post by Lamiara »

I loved this one, it was really well done.

It reminded me painfully that we still don't have playable Naga, though- been waiting 13 years for that :(
A third faction led by Cthulhu, er N'zoth, would also be more than welcome.

At least, nice to see R'lyeh has an in-game representation.
Hopefully, they stay close to the mystery and awesomeness of the original and don't screw it up with cartoony villain writing "lol Oldgods".
Kalasta
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Kalasta »

Teigan wrote:I just don't want things to all be Old God manipulation. I prefer actual characters and character development, even if it's kinda awful, to "oh, it was Old God corruption" That angle is a cop out along the lines of "....and they woke up and it was all just a dream". The Old Gods are very interesting, but have the potential to be overused.
I have a strong feeling it will be more than that. Most are suggesting the return of the Black Empire. Which lore-wise would make sense. They're two biggest adversaries (the legion and the Pantheon) are either well away or are no more. That just leaves the mortals, (us) and we're too busy fighting each other for resources...plus our world soul (Azeroth) is dying...this would be the perfect time for them to come back.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Spoilers ahead

Upon reaching Revered with the Champions of Azeroth, it is revealed that the Heart of Azeroth will allow N'zoth to completely escape and that we're unknowingly help him by empowering the Heart.
Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg, Alexstrasza

Unread post by Setanta »

Kalasta wrote:
Teigan wrote:I just don't want things to all be Old God manipulation. I prefer actual characters and character development, even if it's kinda awful, to "oh, it was Old God corruption" That angle is a cop out along the lines of "....and they woke up and it was all just a dream". The Old Gods are very interesting, but have the potential to be overused.
I have a strong feeling it will be more than that. Most are suggesting the return of the Black Empire. Which lore-wise would make sense. They're two biggest adversaries (the legion and the Pantheon) are either well away or are no more. That just leaves the mortals, (us) and we're too busy fighting each other for resources...plus our world soul (Azeroth) is dying...this would be the perfect time for them to come back.
Except, we've allegedly killed 3 of the 4 members. Personally Y'Shaarj is the only one I'm fully willing to call dead at this point.

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Sargmar (Blood Elf) Alexstrasza

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I really enjoyed the cinematic, though I still love Jaina's the most. :D

I found that this one was harder to connect to (and it probably had to be) because it was less human -Azshara was already a crazed narcissist before she was transformed, so it's harder to relate to her or her reactions. But I think it did a good job of conveying the disorienting nightmare of interacting with an Old God.

There was just one thing that I found distracting, and that was the percussion. Was I the only one expecting it to break into Fleetwood Mac's "Tusk" any second? :D :D
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kalasta
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Kalasta »

Setanta wrote:
Kalasta wrote:
Except, we've allegedly killed 3 of the 4 members. Personally Y'Shaarj is the only one I'm fully willing to call dead at this point.
Well technicly Yan- Suraon, was the only one that was offically dead, by the titans no less, but the others, we only defeated physical manifestations of them...and not necessarily their TRUE and FULL form(s). Also, N' Zoth is one of the only Old Gods we never confronted directly (well not until Legion, but that too was another manifestation...in the Emerald nightmare no less), And while we was not the most powerful of the 4 we know (there are hints their might have been others around), he is the most craftiest of them all. Either way I still think its the return of the black empire and its capital city...hence the phrase: "We shall rest....in Ny'alotha.." :o which wouldn't surprise me to be a new realm to go to if not this expansion, then definitely the next.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Wain wrote:I really enjoyed the cinematic, though I still love Jaina's the most. :D

I found that this one was harder to connect to (and it probably had to be) because it was less human -Azshara was already a crazed narcissist before she was transformed, so it's harder to relate to her or her reactions. But I think it did a good job of conveying the disorienting nightmare of interacting with an Old God.

There was just one thing that I found distracting, and that was the percussion. Was I the only one expecting it to break into Fleetwood Mac's "Tusk" any second? :D :D
I see people saying Azshara is a poor victim to all this and in reality she brought all this on her self XD
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

The Weekly Reset did a good job covering this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KLrD7Mdknc :mrgreen:

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Wain wrote:
Fucking love that song...and yes lol! :D

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

cowmuflage wrote:
Wain wrote:I really enjoyed the cinematic, though I still love Jaina's the most. :D

I see people saying Azshara is a poor victim to all this and in reality she brought all this on her self XD
Yeah, completely! She continually sought power at any cost. I don't see how anyone could think she was a victim.

I thought her voice actor in the Well of Eternity dungeon was brilliant, by the way. You could really sense the feeling of charismatic narcissist.
Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg, Alexstrasza

Unread post by Setanta »

Wain wrote:Yeah, completely! She continually sought power at any cost. I don't see how anyone could think she was a victim.

I thought her voice actor in the Well of Eternity dungeon was brilliant, by the way. You could really sense the feeling of charismatic narcissist.
Maybe she was voiced by the woman who tried to make her guests pay for her wedding and had a meltdown when they didn't :D

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Sargmar (Blood Elf) Alexstrasza

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Setanta wrote:
Wain wrote:Yeah, completely! She continually sought power at any cost. I don't see how anyone could think she was a victim.

Maybe she was voiced by the woman who tried to make her guests pay for her wedding and had a meltdown when they didn't :D
*laugh* I just read that one too! :)