WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:03 pm 
Offline
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:07 pm
Posts: 357
Location: Toronto Ont.
Realm: Uther
https://youtu.be/hndyTy3uiZM

Guess this only means one thing....
Image
"We shall rest....in ny'alotha.." :shock:

_________________
Image
A big thank-you to Vephriel for re-sizing this sig pic.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:15 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Posts: 15713
Location: Alberta, Canada
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Gender: Female
This might be my favourite of them all, I'm so eager to see more Old God influences come back into the game! :D

_________________

Image


signature artwork by d1eselx


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:06 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Posts: 11787
Location: New zealand, auckland
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Good ole Old gods.

_________________
I am a professional 2D animator :3
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:30 pm 
Offline
 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:05 am
Posts: 4923
I just don't want things to all be Old God manipulation. I prefer actual characters and character development, even if it's kinda awful, to "oh, it was Old God corruption" That angle is a cop out along the lines of "....and they woke up and it was all just a dream". The Old Gods are very interesting, but have the potential to be overused.

_________________

Image


Flight Rising Lair



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:28 am
Posts: 36
Realm: EU- Moonglade, Darkmoon Faire
Gender: female
I loved this one, it was really well done.

It reminded me painfully that we still don't have playable Naga, though- been waiting 13 years for that :(
A third faction led by Cthulhu, er N'zoth, would also be more than welcome.

At least, nice to see R'lyeh has an in-game representation.
Hopefully, they stay close to the mystery and awesomeness of the original and don't screw it up with cartoony villain writing "lol Oldgods".


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:36 am 
Offline
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:07 pm
Posts: 357
Location: Toronto Ont.
Realm: Uther
Teigan wrote:
I just don't want things to all be Old God manipulation. I prefer actual characters and character development, even if it's kinda awful, to "oh, it was Old God corruption" That angle is a cop out along the lines of "....and they woke up and it was all just a dream". The Old Gods are very interesting, but have the potential to be overused.


I have a strong feeling it will be more than that. Most are suggesting the return of the Black Empire. Which lore-wise would make sense. They're two biggest adversaries (the legion and the Pantheon) are either well away or are no more. That just leaves the mortals, (us) and we're too busy fighting each other for resources...plus our world soul (Azeroth) is dying...this would be the perfect time for them to come back.

_________________
Image
A big thank-you to Vephriel for re-sizing this sig pic.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:27 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Posts: 3320
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male
Spoilers ahead


Upon reaching Revered with the Champions of Azeroth, it is revealed that the Heart of Azeroth will allow N'zoth to completely escape and that we're unknowingly help him by empowering the Heart.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:31 pm 
Offline
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:02 am
Posts: 343
Location: Michigan
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg
Gender: Male
Kalasta wrote:
Teigan wrote:
I just don't want things to all be Old God manipulation. I prefer actual characters and character development, even if it's kinda awful, to "oh, it was Old God corruption" That angle is a cop out along the lines of "....and they woke up and it was all just a dream". The Old Gods are very interesting, but have the potential to be overused.


I have a strong feeling it will be more than that. Most are suggesting the return of the Black Empire. Which lore-wise would make sense. They're two biggest adversaries (the legion and the Pantheon) are either well away or are no more. That just leaves the mortals, (us) and we're too busy fighting each other for resources...plus our world soul (Azeroth) is dying...this would be the perfect time for them to come back.


Except, we've allegedly killed 3 of the 4 members. Personally Y'Shaarj is the only one I'm fully willing to call dead at this point.

_________________

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Setanta (Night Elf) Blackhand


If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:18 pm 
Offline
The Insane
The Insane
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Posts: 11135
Gender: Male
I really enjoyed the cinematic, though I still love Jaina's the most. :D

I found that this one was harder to connect to (and it probably had to be) because it was less human -Azshara was already a crazed narcissist before she was transformed, so it's harder to relate to her or her reactions. But I think it did a good job of conveying the disorienting nightmare of interacting with an Old God.

There was just one thing that I found distracting, and that was the percussion. Was I the only one expecting it to break into Fleetwood Mac's "Tusk" any second? :D :D

_________________
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:54 pm 
Offline
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:07 pm
Posts: 357
Location: Toronto Ont.
Realm: Uther
Setanta wrote:
Kalasta wrote:
Teigan wrote:
I just don't want things to all be Old God manipulation. I prefer actual characters and character development, even if it's kinda awful, to "oh, it was Old God corruption" That angle is a cop out along the lines of "....and they woke up and it was all just a dream". The Old Gods are very interesting, but have the potential to be overused.


I have a strong feeling it will be more than that. Most are suggesting the return of the Black Empire. Which lore-wise would make sense. They're two biggest adversaries (the legion and the Pantheon) are either well away or are no more. That just leaves the mortals, (us) and we're too busy fighting each other for resources...plus our world soul (Azeroth) is dying...this would be the perfect time for them to come back.


Except, we've allegedly killed 3 of the 4 members. Personally Y'Shaarj is the only one I'm fully willing to call dead at this point.


Well technicly Yan- Suraon, was the only one that was offically dead, by the titans no less, but the others, we only defeated physical manifestations of them...and not necessarily their TRUE and FULL form(s). Also, N' Zoth is one of the only Old Gods we never confronted directly (well not until Legion, but that too was another manifestation...in the Emerald nightmare no less), And while we was not the most powerful of the 4 we know (there are hints their might have been others around), he is the most craftiest of them all. Either way I still think its the return of the black empire and its capital city...hence the phrase: "We shall rest....in Ny'alotha.." :o which wouldn't surprise me to be a new realm to go to if not this expansion, then definitely the next.

_________________
Image
A big thank-you to Vephriel for re-sizing this sig pic.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:03 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Posts: 11787
Location: New zealand, auckland
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Wain wrote:
I really enjoyed the cinematic, though I still love Jaina's the most. :D

I found that this one was harder to connect to (and it probably had to be) because it was less human -Azshara was already a crazed narcissist before she was transformed, so it's harder to relate to her or her reactions. But I think it did a good job of conveying the disorienting nightmare of interacting with an Old God.

There was just one thing that I found distracting, and that was the percussion. Was I the only one expecting it to break into Fleetwood Mac's "Tusk" any second? :D :D


I see people saying Azshara is a poor victim to all this and in reality she brought all this on her self XD

_________________
I am a professional 2D animator :3
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:59 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:21 pm
Posts: 4249
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord
Gender: Female
The Weekly Reset did a good job covering this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KLrD7Mdknc :mrgreen:

_________________

Image



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:21 pm 
Offline
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:03 am
Posts: 2769
Location: Australia
Realm: Nagrand
Gender: Female
Wain wrote:

There was just one thing that I found distracting, and that was the percussion. Was I the only one expecting it to break into Fleetwood Mac's "Tusk" any second? :D :D


Fucking love that song...and yes lol! :D

_________________

Image


Battle for Azeroth
Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~, Prot Paladin ~Tsurani~



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:24 am 
Offline
The Insane
The Insane
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Posts: 11135
Gender: Male
cowmuflage wrote:
Wain wrote:
I really enjoyed the cinematic, though I still love Jaina's the most. :D

I found that this one was harder to connect to (and it probably had to be) because it was less human -Azshara was already a crazed narcissist before she was transformed, so it's harder to relate to her or her reactions. But I think it did a good job of conveying the disorienting nightmare of interacting with an Old God.

There was just one thing that I found distracting, and that was the percussion. Was I the only one expecting it to break into Fleetwood Mac's "Tusk" any second? :D :D


I see people saying Azshara is a poor victim to all this and in reality she brought all this on her self XD

Yeah, completely! She continually sought power at any cost. I don't see how anyone could think she was a victim.

I thought her voice actor in the Well of Eternity dungeon was brilliant, by the way. You could really sense the feeling of charismatic narcissist.

_________________
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:34 am 
Offline
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:02 am
Posts: 343
Location: Michigan
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg
Gender: Male
Wain wrote:
Yeah, completely! She continually sought power at any cost. I don't see how anyone could think she was a victim.

I thought her voice actor in the Well of Eternity dungeon was brilliant, by the way. You could really sense the feeling of charismatic narcissist.


Maybe she was voiced by the woman who tried to make her guests pay for her wedding and had a meltdown when they didn't :D

_________________

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Setanta (Night Elf) Blackhand


If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:03 pm 
Offline
The Insane
The Insane
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Posts: 11135
Gender: Male
Setanta wrote:
Wain wrote:
Yeah, completely! She continually sought power at any cost. I don't see how anyone could think she was a victim.

I thought her voice actor in the Well of Eternity dungeon was brilliant, by the way. You could really sense the feeling of charismatic narcissist.


Maybe she was voiced by the woman who tried to make her guests pay for her wedding and had a meltdown when they didn't :D

*laugh* I just read that one too! :)

_________________
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group