WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:03 pm 
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Realm: Uther
https://youtu.be/hndyTy3uiZM

Guess this only means one thing....
"We shall rest....in ny'alotha.." :shock:

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:15 pm 
Illustrious Master Hunter

Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
This might be my favourite of them all, I'm so eager to see more Old God influences come back into the game! :D

signature artwork by d1eselx

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:06 pm 

Realm: dath remar
Good ole Old gods.

First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:30 pm 

I just don't want things to all be Old God manipulation. I prefer actual characters and character development, even if it's kinda awful, to "oh, it was Old God corruption" That angle is a cop out along the lines of "....and they woke up and it was all just a dream". The Old Gods are very interesting, but have the potential to be overused.

Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:25 am 

Realm: EU- Moonglade, Darkmoon Faire
I loved this one, it was really well done.

It reminded me painfully that we still don't have playable Naga, though- been waiting 13 years for that :(
A third faction led by Cthulhu, er N'zoth, would also be more than welcome.

At least, nice to see R'lyeh has an in-game representation.
Hopefully, they stay close to the mystery and awesomeness of the original and don't screw it up with cartoony villain writing "lol Oldgods".

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:36 am 
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Teigan wrote:
I just don't want things to all be Old God manipulation. I prefer actual characters and character development, even if it's kinda awful, to "oh, it was Old God corruption" That angle is a cop out along the lines of "....and they woke up and it was all just a dream". The Old Gods are very interesting, but have the potential to be overused.

I have a strong feeling it will be more than that. Most are suggesting the return of the Black Empire. Which lore-wise would make sense. They're two biggest adversaries (the legion and the Pantheon) are either well away or are no more. That just leaves the mortals, (us) and we're too busy fighting each other for resources...plus our world soul (Azeroth) is dying...this would be the perfect time for them to come back.

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:27 pm 

Realm: Shadow Council
Spoilers ahead

Upon reaching Revered with the Champions of Azeroth, it is revealed that the Heart of Azeroth will allow N'zoth to completely escape and that we're unknowingly help him by empowering the Heart.

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:31 pm 
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg
Kalasta wrote:
Teigan wrote:

I have a strong feeling it will be more than that. Most are suggesting the return of the Black Empire. Which lore-wise would make sense. They're two biggest adversaries (the legion and the Pantheon) are either well away or are no more. That just leaves the mortals, (us) and we're too busy fighting each other for resources...plus our world soul (Azeroth) is dying...this would be the perfect time for them to come back.

Except, we've allegedly killed 3 of the 4 members. Personally Y'Shaarj is the only one I'm fully willing to call dead at this point.

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Setanta (Night Elf) Blackhand

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:18 pm 
The Insane
The Insane

I really enjoyed the cinematic, though I still love Jaina's the most. :D

I found that this one was harder to connect to (and it probably had to be) because it was less human -Azshara was already a crazed narcissist before she was transformed, so it's harder to relate to her or her reactions. But I think it did a good job of conveying the disorienting nightmare of interacting with an Old God.

There was just one thing that I found distracting, and that was the percussion. Was I the only one expecting it to break into Fleetwood Mac's "Tusk" any second? :D :D

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:54 pm 
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Setanta wrote:
Kalasta wrote:
Teigan wrote:

Except, we've allegedly killed 3 of the 4 members. Personally Y'Shaarj is the only one I'm fully willing to call dead at this point.

Well technicly Yan- Suraon, was the only one that was offically dead, by the titans no less, but the others, we only defeated physical manifestations of them...and not necessarily their TRUE and FULL form(s). Also, N' Zoth is one of the only Old Gods we never confronted directly (well not until Legion, but that too was another manifestation...in the Emerald nightmare no less), And while we was not the most powerful of the 4 we know (there are hints their might have been others around), he is the most craftiest of them all. Either way I still think its the return of the black empire and its capital city...hence the phrase: "We shall rest....in Ny'alotha.." :o which wouldn't surprise me to be a new realm to go to if not this expansion, then definitely the next.

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:03 pm 

Realm: dath remar
Wain wrote:

I found that this one was harder to connect to (and it probably had to be) because it was less human -Azshara was already a crazed narcissist before she was transformed, so it's harder to relate to her or her reactions. But I think it did a good job of conveying the disorienting nightmare of interacting with an Old God.

There was just one thing that I found distracting, and that was the percussion. Was I the only one expecting it to break into Fleetwood Mac's "Tusk" any second? :D :D

I see people saying Azshara is a poor victim to all this and in reality she brought all this on her self XD

First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:59 pm 

Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord
The Weekly Reset did a good job covering this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KLrD7Mdknc :mrgreen:

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:21 pm 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Realm: Nagrand
Wain wrote:

Fucking love that song...and yes lol! :D

Battle for Azeroth
Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~, Prot Paladin ~Tsurani~

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:24 am 
The Insane
The Insane

cowmuflage wrote:
Wain wrote:

I see people saying Azshara is a poor victim to all this and in reality she brought all this on her self XD

Yeah, completely! She continually sought power at any cost. I don't see how anyone could think she was a victim.

I thought her voice actor in the Well of Eternity dungeon was brilliant, by the way. You could really sense the feeling of charismatic narcissist.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:34 am 
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg
Wain wrote:
Yeah, completely! She continually sought power at any cost. I don't see how anyone could think she was a victim.

I thought her voice actor in the Well of Eternity dungeon was brilliant, by the way. You could really sense the feeling of charismatic narcissist.

Maybe she was voiced by the woman who tried to make her guests pay for her wedding and had a meltdown when they didn't :D

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Setanta (Night Elf) Blackhand

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:03 pm 
The Insane
The Insane

Setanta wrote:
Wain wrote:

Maybe she was voiced by the woman who tried to make her guests pay for her wedding and had a meltdown when they didn't :D

*laugh* I just read that one too! :)