Warfront rares reset timers

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Warfront rares reset timers

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I haven't seen anyone actively attacking the Horde (myself included). And why would they? Did the Horde players give themselves stronger racials? Did they give themselves a second round of farming Arathi rares? Did they give themselves a few days to farm 340s and then hotfixed it?

No, they didn't. The devs did, and things that has been discussed are undeniable facts. If it was the other way around, I would expect Horde players to be angry/upset with the decisions of the Devs.

And like Qraljar said, the lore is a seperate thing entirely and not the Horde's fault. They didn't write it.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Rawr wrote:Well if that's how you feel than why not say that instead of "okay", all I'm saying. :| :mrgreen:
Expressing incredulity at the idea that anyone has been attacking Horde players.

I don't want a false accusation of hostility to be thrown around. I'm perfectly happy to be considerate of other people's feelings, but when it seems like alarm bells are being rung over something that is not happening at all, that is a tad bit irritating, yes.

In fact, I'm going to comb over the thread right now.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Valnaaros wrote:I haven't seen anyone actively attacking the Horde (myself included). And why would they? Did the Horde players give themselves stronger racials? Did they give themselves a second round of farming Arathi rares? Did they give themselves a few days to farm 340s and then hotfixed it?

No, they didn't. The devs did, and things that has been discussed are undeniable facts. If it was the other way around, I would expect Horde players to be angry/upset with the decisions of the Devs.

And like Qraljar said, the lore is a seperate thing entirely and not the Horde's fault. They didn't write it.
In other threads I have seen people do. Mainly in that thread about the pre-BFA event. Kind of got nasty in there.

Edit: I'm skipping this convo because it's just gunna go around in circles.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Skimmed the thread and saw nothing hostile aimed at Horde players.

I did, however, see people make the implication that accusing Blizzard of Horde bias is an attack on Horde players. A ridiculous notion.

I don't think Blizzard goes out of their way to do things that make Alliance players feel like there's bias, but anyone who would make that claim or argument is not attacking Horde players.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I'm not mad at Horde players. They do not design the game.

Well. Except I'm kinda mad at the ones that go "lol stupid alliance shouldn't get stuff anyway cause theyre stupid lol" or people that deny there is a problem at all or that act like me saying that there is a problem with Blizzard is an attack on Horde players. Not saying those types have been present in this thread, necessarily, just that they exist.

I'm mad at Blizz for making this a problem. That is who I'm mad at. That fact that this is a problem is an objective fact. That doesn't make the Horde players bad. That doesn't make the Alliance players whiny. That doesn't mean that the Alliance players don't like the Horde players. That means that Blizzard has screwed some things up in a situation in which they are already fanning the flames of a faction divide.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Teigan wrote:
Well. Except I'm kinda mad at the ones that go "lol stupid alliance shouldn't get stuff anyway cause theyre stupid lol"
To be fair there is just as many people who say stupid stuff like that about Horde. XD People be dumb. people have been saying that stuff since Vanilla.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

cowmuflage wrote:
Teigan wrote:
Well. Except I'm kinda mad at the ones that go "lol stupid alliance shouldn't get stuff anyway cause theyre stupid lol"
To be fair there is just as many people who say stupid stuff like that about Horde. XD People be dumb. people have been saying that stuff since Vanilla.
People like that are dumb no matter which faction they're on and both sides have them.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Indeed they do.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Well any comment at horde bias isn't aimed at players - how could it be? They don't make the game? It's most certainly aimed at devs. Maybe people who defend that perceived bias feel attacked when others don't agree (?) but it certainly wasn't/isn't an attack on them as a player or person.

I am glad to hear more stuff will be implemented but it needs to come sooner rather than later. Any player that has to sit around for 2 weeks waiting for something to do in an event they want to participate in is going to lose interest fast.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

It would be fine if it was weekly.
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

cowmuflage wrote:It would be fine if it was weekly.
Yeah pretty much. Fast easy and fun. Not rocket science aye :lol:

I like your STV idea btw Cow - but id totally spend half of it stuck on some tree root cause im a derp :P

Shadowlands

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Castile wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:It would be fine if it was weekly.
Yeah pretty much. Fast easy and fun. Not rocket science aye :lol:

I like your STV idea btw Cow - but id totally spend half of it stuck on some tree root cause im a derp :P
That sounds like me in the new Horde zones :lol:
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'm just addressing the concern about Horde attacks on this thread.

Attacking players for game design issues related to faction is never OK. Over in the thread about ethics and Horde actions in the pre-expansion storyline, the discussion got rather personal. That was really not cool. :/

I haven't seen the same thing happening here, though (aside from one small thing I edited). If there are any posts blaming the Warfront designer decisions on Horde players, I missed them and am happy to stand corrected (and address those directly as they should not be here!).

But it has to be possible to criticize game designer decisions that affect one faction more than the other without it being taken as a personal attack. I've already collected ALL the Wf gear (plus some duplicates), plus two mounts and some pets and toys on my Horde hunter, which feels awesome - but it's frustrating that my Alliance shaman got just one piece of gear and that's about it, for many, many weeks, because of design changes. I think it was poorly handled and has now been swept under the carpet and they're hoping it'll soon be forgotten as ancient history - like nobody ever remembers about how the game-stopping bugs in Draenor lasted for weeks and weeks and BfA is actually bug-free in comparison.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Wain wrote:*snip*
like nobody ever remembers about how the game-stopping bugs in Draenor lasted for weeks and weeks and BfA is actually bug-free in comparison.
NEVER FORGET

Siggy under construction!

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Wain wrote: But it has to be possible to criticize game designer decisions that affect one faction more than the other without it being taken as a personal attack. I've already collected ALL the Wf gear (plus some duplicates), plus two mounts and some pets and toys on my Horde hunter, which feels awesome - but it's frustrating that my Alliance shaman got just one piece of gear and that's about it, for many, many weeks, because of design changes. I think it was poorly handled and has now been swept under the carpet and they're hoping it'll soon be forgotten as ancient history - like nobody ever remembers about how the game-stopping bugs in Draenor lasted for weeks and weeks and BfA is actually bug-free in comparison.
This is so true. I think maybe we're noticing this in particular because BfA has been sooo good until this point where as Dreanor was a clusterfuck from release and anything that made it better was a god send and not the norm lol! Also a lot of the frustration comes from beta testers that where clearly ignored as well. Why even bother to submit bug reports if they don't fix them is the main comment I read.

Shadowlands

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Castile wrote:. Why even bother to submit bug reports if they don't fix them is the main comment I read.
I can understand that, but most do eventually get fixed and it's worth reporting them. It can just be quite a bit later and players have usually lost track of them by then. I suspect the speed of getting bugs fixed can also be a bit down to chance - whether the bug fixers responsible for your bug just happen to be doing a fix pass around the time you report the bug, or how many levels of technical difficulty or QA your bug is buried beneath, etc.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I have to say at least on Dath'remar there is a lot of Alliance players farming the rares, like do they drop stuff for them?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

cowmuflage wrote:I have to say at least on Dath'remar there is a lot of Alliance players farming the rares, like do they drop stuff for them?
They didn't reset when the switch happened a few days ago. Maybe they changed it since. I must go look o.O
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Wain wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:I have to say at least on Dath'remar there is a lot of Alliance players farming the rares, like do they drop stuff for them?
They didn't reset when the switch happened a few days ago. Maybe they changed it since. I must go look o.O
Either that or they haven't done them before? Last night there was no portal up for me but that might be because I've done the quests etc. If they have changed it hoorah for that lol!!

Shadowlands

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Just swung by and there isn't a portal open. Going to check Arathi and see if rares are available again for the Alliance.

Edit: The rares have not been reset for the Alliance.