Warfront rares reset timers

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Re: Warfront rares reset timers

Unread post by Castile »

Valnaaros wrote:Sadly, it is true. The Horde are able to farm the rares again, but the Alliance cannot :/
So I basically do the quest thing for the 370 and that's it for another 2 weeks!? How both frustrating and underwhelming for an expansion event/mechanic. Looks like I'm lvling that horde sooner so I can atleast farm those mounts more than once every three weeks or w/e. Bullshit. #saltyalliance

Good luck Cow!! Hope you have better luck than I did :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I got nothing of the world boss so it's not looking good :lol:
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

cowmuflage wrote:At least it can't be faction dominated like other things. You could hardly ever use Wintergrasp and Tol Barad Horde side on Dath'remar in their expansions because the Alliance always had it. It was so annoying XD
That's true but I think the flip needs to be faster then if it's not a proper "race". A week is more than enough time to do a scenario/quests/rares. Else people will get bored if this very very quick. At this point the 340 gear isn't even a catch up mechanic for alts as LFR wings will be open sooner than this (and mythics are pretty easy etc).

Shadowlands

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Yeah a week would be better then two. I thought it was a week but I must of gotten that wrong.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Valnaaros wrote:Sadly, it is true. The Horde are able to farm the rares again, but the Alliance cannot :/
Wait, they got round two with the rares...? Are you serious? *grinds teeth and mutters*
Castile wrote:
I actually didn't realise how bad the mount discrepancy was til I saw this..https://imgur.com/a/tfKXnL9

I mean I usually have a horde each expansion to see what's happening and for the way better mounts they get (legion was the only exception where I didn't really bother) but I'll defiantly have to for this one. I don't mind a new horse or two but atleast give us a new saddle or something... :?
And holy...horse. The post about the horses. I was in the minority of being sort of happy about the horses because I love horse mounts, despite the blatant lack of creativity, but I hadn't noticed that the tack wasn't even original. For heaven's sake, this is pathetic.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

They have been doing this for year, why is it suddenly a problem? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emnmLA7e7HU 8:30 explained really well about Warfronts and raids. :mrgreen:

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Rawr wrote:They have been doing this for year, why is it suddenly a problem? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emnmLA7e7HU 8:30 explained really well about Warfronts and raids. :mrgreen:
Because instead of listening to the beta testers they put forward something that wasn't set properly and gave the horde a x2 advantage?? That's the main gripe I'm reading about. Its sloppy if nothing else.

Shadowlands

Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

x2? Not sure where you're getting your math from but you sound like you just want to be mad, also I'm not sure what you are talking about, beta isn't live, what's in beta doesn't always make it to live and if your talking about the 3 drop from weekly chests it was changed in beta before live dropped. :mrgreen:

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

When Warfronts were first opened, the Alliance was in control of Arathi but both the Horde and Alliance got to farm rares. Then the Horde built up supplies and unlocked the scenario. A week has passed and they now have control of Arathi. The rares have only reset for the Horde, so they get to kill them again, but the Alliance cannot; even though when it was the other way around, the Horde were able to farm rares So the Horde gets the advantage of farming the rares twice whilst the Alliance has only done so once.

Part of the reason that people are mad because certain changes to things like the Mythic Cache and the duration of Warfronts were not told to the community. The change to the Mythic Cache was very last minute (so much so that no Community website even noticed), and the Warfront scenario only lasting 3 days stuck around the entire Beta and we didn't see the change till Live. Why do you think the AMA on Twitter happened? It was largely in response to player's getting very frustrated with Blizz's lack of communication, and several questions in the AMA even pointed that out.
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Rawr wrote:x2? Not sure where you're getting your math from but you sound like you just want to be mad, also I'm not sure what you are talking about, beta isn't live, what's in beta doesn't always make it to live and if your talking about the 3 drop from weekly chests it was changed in beta before live dropped. :mrgreen:
2x shot at the rares (and therefore 340 loot) and also 1x chance of the scenario without the ilvl restriction (which is a huge legup to fresh 120's).

Beta isn't live I know but it IS for bug testing and feedback - none of which seems to be listened to or communicated properly as Val said.

All legit points - not just 'being mad" for the sake of it imo.

Shadowlands

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Rawr wrote:They have been doing this for year, why is it suddenly a problem?
Rawr wrote:....beta isn't live, what's in beta doesn't always make it to live :mrgreen:
I think you answered yourself there ;)
Rawr wrote:x2? Not sure where you're getting your math from but you sound like you just want to be mad :mrgreen:

"Being mad" is not my favorite hobby, either, it turns out. There are imbalances. There are problems. Claiming that there are not is silly and rude.
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

No Teigan, the 1st comment was in regards to Blizzard reusing art aspects, they have been doing it for years. The second comment is true and has nothing to do with the 1st.

In response to Castile, 340 loot is for alts and people who don't raid or do mythics past a +1. Warfronts are wellfair loot. In another week or so the Alliance will have their rares reset but the Horde wont because they will be doing the quest part again, like the Alliance are now.

Blizzard makes mistakes, it happens a lot, and I'm really not sure why people are all up in arms over something that's past and that they can't do anything about. Move on, the 320 requirement (that can be met by a fresh 120 doing one day of WQs) is not going away or changing. :mrgreen:

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Rawr wrote:No Teigan, the 1st comment was in regards to Blizzard reusing art aspects, they have been doing it for years. The second comment is true and has nothing to do with the 1st.
Yeah, cool and all, but that kinda gets tiresome when, not only does the Horde get totally unique creatures for their mounts (instead of, say, 3 raptors), they also get unique saddles and armor.

Whereas the Alliance gets three horses, basically something that was going to be an updated creature model anyway, with tacked on armor from earlier mounts.
Castile wrote: I actually didn't realise how bad the mount discrepancy was til I saw this..https://imgur.com/a/tfKXnL9
Hey, that compilation uses the pics I made for the horses to compare their armor to the Felsaber armor. :lol:

Yeah, that was a disappointment, and the excuse that "But yeah, Kul Tiras is a human place with human factions so you can only get horses." is bullshit, too. Since Talanji's Expedition doesn't give you a raptor, but an enemy unit in the form of a Bloodtick. That'd be like the Order of Embers giving us a Wicker Beast mount, which definitely would have been better than a horse.

Then there's the fact that the Horde also gets Kua'fon, but luckily, it at least seems you can use it on Alliance chars if you unlocked it on the Horde. Hope that doesn't get changed.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Qraljar wrote: Then there's the fact that the Horde also gets Kua'fon, but luckily, it at least seems you can use it on Alliance chars if you unlocked it on the Horde. Hope that doesn't get changed.
Well I'd argue Kua'fon is not bias seeing as the Alliance had the Frostsaber for years before the Horde got the Venomhide which was in WOTLK. I'm sure the next one will be for the Alliance.
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Rawr wrote:
In response to Castile, 340 loot is for alts and people who don't raid or do mythics past a +1. Warfronts are wellfair loot. In another week or so the Alliance will have their rares reset but the Horde wont because they will be doing the quest part again, like the Alliance are now.
You're missing the part where we now require an ilvl to queue and the horde didnt. Wether you consider them wellfare or not is kinda moot - loot is loot. Horde geared their alts from fresh 120 - we now require 320 ilvl. They could of left it one cycle and then changed it to make it fair but they didn't.

2x shot at rares is still 2 weeks of loot/mounts to us to 1 active and 2 weeks of waiting for us. If the shoe was on the other foot i'm sure the horde would be just as annoyed.

Shadowlands

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Is anyone else left with the impression that this Warfront was a lot of (designer) work for little player involvement? :/ Maybe things will change later, but so far it seems to encourage minimal player contact for an awful lot of development time. I'm confused and wondering if I missed 90% of what we're supposed to do there, or maybe it didn't actually require much designer time at all.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Warfronts are meant to have more player involvement, but later in the xpac. Ion stated in the AMA that there will be more Warfronts added (3 more speculated. Silvermoon, Barrens, ans Azshara), and so each faction will always have Warfront that they either have control of or are contributing to.

However, this doesn't help atm since there is only one Warfront and it takes roughly 3.5 weeks for a faction to regain control of it.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:Warfronts are meant to have more player involvement, but later in the xpac. Ion stated in the AMA that there will be more Warfronts added (3 more speculated. Silvermoon, Barrens, ans Azshara), and so each faction will always have Warfront that they either have control of or are contributing to.

However, this doesn't help atm since there is only one Warfront and it takes roughly 3.5 weeks for a faction to regain control of it.
Cool. Thanks. That makes sense :). But even the "have control of or are contributing to" bit doesn't seem to entice a lot of player involvement. Maybe that'll change.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

It seems like the warfronts are a colossal waste and have caused an unnecessary cyclone of drama for....not much content? I also kept thinking that I'd missed something, surely it's NOT actually this way/this small, but...it is. At least for now. And the whole thing reads like a textbook on badly handling a situation. No communication or instructions. Only opening one to start, which is the CAUSE of the loot imbalance. Handing out a loot pinata to only one faction and then hotfixing it so the other faction can't use it. What an utter mess and for what? Poorly planned all the way around.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Valnaaros wrote:Warfronts are meant to have more player involvement, but later in the xpac. Ion stated in the AMA that there will be more Warfronts added (3 more speculated. Silvermoon, Barrens, ans Azshara), and so each faction will always have Warfront that they either have control of or are contributing to.

Why are the 3 speculated all just mainly horde places? :/