Warfront rares reset timers

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: Warfront rares reset timers

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Castile wrote:
cowmuflage wrote: Also what does the BE armour look like I wonder?
I just hope you don't need to lvl from 1 to get them as none of my BE's are (or not the main one I play anyway :( )
I'd like it if you just had to be exalted. I'll never get the dwarf one other wise XD
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

You just have to have the race at 120 and be exalted with their capital city (which is very easy to do).
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Valnaaros wrote:You just have to have the race at 120 and be exalted with their capital city (which is very easy to do).
Oh that's good to know! The toon I play now was my free boost (all my lvled horde are Tauren cause cows rock my socks) but I wanted something different so went with a male BE.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It does seem incredibly unlikely we'll kill Jaina, though stranger things have happened :/

Maybe Cyrus will jump in and take an arrow for her. I wouldn't mind seeing him die, so he can finally shut up about the second and third wars. "This raspberry muffin reminds me of the third war... "
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Am I the only one that gets this sort of "lonely old man who might be hitting on me" vibe from Cyrus?
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Do the rares reset daily or weekly? Because I'm looking at one and it says he's just an elite?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

They reset when your faction takes control of the Warfront (which is after the week-long scenario is over with). However, for some reason, the Horde has been able to farm the rares twice.
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Valnaaros wrote:They reset when your faction takes control of the Warfront (which is after the week-long scenario is over with). However, for some reason, the Horde has been able to farm the rares twice.
I would think they'd want it to reset for both to give the opposing faction incentive to go there and encourage the "war" (pvp) theme this expansion is based upon. Given that the faction not in control is auto flagged, it would gives the one in control the freedom to attack and promote the expansion's whole theme. If the rares do not reset for both sides, why would the faction not in control bother?
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Valnaaros wrote:They reset when your faction takes control of the Warfront (which is after the week-long scenario is over with). However, for some reason, the Horde has been able to farm the rares twice.
Oh okay. Cool i'll just go back to rep farming then XD
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Dewclaw wrote:
I would think they'd want it to reset for both to give the opposing faction incentive to go there and encourage the "war" (pvp) theme this expansion is based upon. Given that the faction not in control is auto flagged, it would gives the one in control the freedom to attack and promote the expansion's whole theme. If the rares do not reset for both sides, why would the faction not in control bother?
Pretty much Dew. Once id done the quests and rares there was 0 point to go back. I just check to see if the portals up at this point and its what 2 weeks later?? Handed in one daily but I'm not going to waste mats if its just a time gate anyway.

Shadowlands

Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg, Alexstrasza

Unread post by Setanta »

Dewclaw wrote:
The argument that certain people use is "oh noes, advantage horde"...the official explaination was "this was not intended, and we put in a fix once we knew", but since the internet is a petry dish of conspiracy theories these days, welp....it's grown.

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Sargmar (Blood Elf) Alexstrasza

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It was unintended that the Horde could take fresh 120s into the scenario and give them a set of 340 gear.

Dew is talking about the rares, which the Horde has had an advantage on. They have been able to kill them twice -- once when the Alliance was in control and again when they tool control. The Alliance only got to kill them once, which was when they started out in control of Arathi. But when it was the other way around, the rares did not reset for the Alliance.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Perhaps it was also unintended for the side who didn't have control to kill the rares.
Not saying I'm pleased with the change. Far from it. I think the rares should reset for everyone on weekly reset. But that's a whole other can of worms.

Siggy under construction!

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Setanta wrote:
Dewclaw wrote:
The argument that certain people use is "oh noes, advantage horde"...the official explaination was "this was not intended, and we put in a fix once we knew", but since the internet is a petry dish of conspiracy theories these days, welp....it's grown.
Of course it wasn't intended. But, I do think a culture of favoring the Horde internally means that they are less likely to address issues in a balanced way. Not out of malice, just out of human nature. I don't think they set out to screw over the Alliance. That would be dumb. I just think it pans out that way because it's the side most of them care about more, and it's only human for things to tilt towards the group you favor. The thing that is their fault is not acknowledging this natural tendency they have and taking steps to make sure they're aware of it and counter-act it.

Maybe I'm full of it, but that's just how I see it.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Well I deff don't think they favor the Horde when it comes to lore XD We are always getting screwed over :lol:
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Seems like they like giving the Horde adversity, which sort of makes sense. That's the Horde's whole deal. Being underdogs, overcoming adversity, all that. Gives you something to rally around and be angry about as a group. It's good for building camaraderie/tribalism and the whole "heroes being forged in fire" sort of deal.
Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Setanta »

Teigan wrote:Of course it wasn't intended. But, I do think a culture of favoring the Horde internally means that they are less likely to address issues in a balanced way. Not out of malice, just out of human nature. I don't think they set out to screw over the Alliance. That would be dumb. I just think it pans out that way because it's the side most of them care about more, and it's only human for things to tilt towards the group you favor. The thing that is their fault is not acknowledging this natural tendency they have and taking steps to make sure they're aware of it and counter-act it.

Maybe I'm full of it, but that's just how I see it.
I'm not saying your perception of things is wrong, and you're far from the only person who has stated what you feel about it, and why you feel that way. I think people are trying to read a lot more into a lot of things than are really there. In some cases, I think it's people who are looking for something/anything new to complain about (once again, not you). I think the reaction would have been just as loud in certain corners of the internet had it been the Alliance who had inadvertently ended up with that extra free shot at possible loot from the Arathi rares.

I still think from a story line perspective the overall story has heavily favored the Alliance as being the ultimate "good guys" despite some very obvious moral flaws that have happened throughout the course of the history of Azeroth. It's a flawed viewpoint, but it doesn't change how I feel about the game in general....except about gnomes, because that will never change no matter the game :)

Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.
Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Setanta »

cowmuflage wrote:Well I deff don't think they favor the Horde when it comes to lore XD We are always getting screwed over :lol:
If only we could return to the days when Thrall was referred to as "Green Jesus" :D :D

Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Setanta wrote:I think people are trying to read a lot more into a lot of things than are really there. In some cases, I think it's people who are looking for something/anything new to complain about (once again, not you). I think the reaction would have been just as loud in certain corners of the internet had it been the Alliance who had inadvertently ended up with that extra free shot at possible loot from the Arathi rares.
I think what wain said before was more likely - not necessarily ppl looking to whine but this expansion has been so smooth as opposed to others I guess we just expected things like this to not occur (and when they do it seems a lot worse than what other people obviously see it as) Like if this was WoD it would be but a drop in the bucket named clusterfuck but this time it's a lot more noticeable. Add to that fifty shades of pony on the alliance end - maybe we're just abit more salty because of those factors.
Last edited by Castile on Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowlands

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Castile wrote:
Setanta wrote:
Teigan wrote:I think people are trying to read a lot more into a lot of things than are really there. In some cases, I think it's people who are looking for something/anything new to complain about (once again, not you). I think the reaction would have been just as loud in certain corners of the internet had it been the Alliance who had inadvertently ended up with that extra free shot at possible loot from the Arathi rares.
I think what wain said before was more likely - not necessarily ppl looking to whine but this expansion has been so smooth as opposed to others I guess we just expected things like this to not occur (and when they do it seems a lot worse than what other people obviously see it as) Like if this was WoD it would be but a drop in the bucket named clusterfuck but this time it's a lot more noticeable. Add to that fifty shades of pony on the alliance end - maybe we're just abit more salty because of those factors.
(I think you misquoted...that was Setanta, not me)