VICTORY!

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

VICTORY!

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Just took my hunter out for her first heroic run ever, now that I've got her fairly well geared up. Even though I've run the instance probably a dozen times by now it was still exhilarating, because it was a first!

And then I thought: what a topic!

So, how did you feel the first time you ran a dungeon with your hunter? (Or anything for that matter). Nervous? Excited? Meh? Share stories!

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: VICTORY!

Unread post by Arwyn »

The first dungeon I ran was Deadmines and I was nervous because I didn't want the group to think I was one of those dreaded hunters who had no clue on how to use their pets in a dungeon. But as we cleared the Undead area of the mines I got over my nervousness and began to enjoy myself thanks to a great leader who who always congratulated us when we made it through a fight.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

I suppose meh. Never really had a first dungeon on any toon that really shook the socks off of me. I can't remember my first so, I guess I could say I was probably excited.

Arkiss
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune

Unread post by Arkiss »

The first dungeon I ran with my hunter was Wailing Caverns. I remember the paladin shouting "Hunter AoE!" while snakes ate him. I...did not have volley, so...

To be honest though, a paladin who knows what they're doing should not need hunter AoE when we have a perfectly good mage in the party. Granted said mage just kept yelling "OMG U GAIS HAV BAD GEAR U SUK" so we booted him, got a shiny new warlock, and all of a sudden our dps problems were solved. I felt bad for not holding up my end, but the pally was really understanding after I explained that this was my first time out ever.

My first big monster boss (that plant guy I think) was a huge shock. When he came running at us I was all D: but since no one else was running away I stood my ground. Until I aggro'd him with a crit. To be fair, it was a sweet crit for that level.

After I returned to my corpse I got to keep the Fang boots, which would turn out to be the ONLY piece of rare gear I would see until level 63. I kind of wish I'd kept them...

And in case you should wonder, and in case you should care...on that night of all nights, we were already there.

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hee, congrats! ^^

I can't remember my first dungeon run very clearly, but I know I was definitely a bit nervous. Who wouldn't be, though, when you run something like an instance with 4 other people for the first time? There's always that scare of messing up horribly or embarrassing yourself, haha.

I just love running dungeons now though, especially since they've added the LFD Tool. I can actually go to the low level instances on my new character that used to be impossible to find groups for. :D
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Yeah I tend to be super perfectionist, which makes me VERY nervous in dungeons. Even if I've done them a dozen times I'll still get all shivery with nerves and excitement.

That is probably pretty lame :(

~VelkynKarma

Help my Dragons

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

VelkynKarma wrote:That is probably pretty lame :(
That's like saying "Yeah, I get excited over mundane things and have a really good time. Jeez that sucks!! :( "

I think it's great that you feel like that over things. ;)

Ungoro
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shattered Halls PVP EU

Unread post by Ungoro »

My first dungeon was Deadmines and i spose there were a few nerves (But mainly immense excitement) but when i joined WoW i had no knowledge at all, my friends that invited me to WoW didn't even inform me on how dungeons or anything works. That' why there were 4 hunters sending our pets into tank and we dps'ed until but surprisingly we always done quite well.

My first herioc i didn't have gear well enough (Got 80 and got straight into Gundrak, without considering my gear wasn't good enough). The tank got in a right paddy because 2 out of the 3 dps was low and was like raging and didn't even let us do the first boss as he left. There was another hunter in the group though and he suggested (what i already figured out while the tank raged) that i do lower level hc's first. I've done a loads of heroics now and i actually grouped up with the same hunter for totc hc, and i'm now (was at the time) doing more dps than him, infact i was first or second.

Ungoro of Khadgar

<Disturbing The Peace>

http://dragcave.net/user/Ungoro

Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Hah! My first dungeon was Blackfathom Deeps. That is to say, that's my first ATTEMPT at a dungeon. My husband and I had never encountered elites before, and we didn't understand what the swirley thing was, we just knew some dude in Auberdine wanted us to go there for some stuff. We didn't get to the first room with the water that you have to jump across.

After that, I didn't run another dungeon until I was ~30 levels older and got into an advertised group for BRD. It wasn't much more of a success, though, and really those two experiences turned me off dungeons until I had a solid group of friends to run with at level 70. x[

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Grats! Its always exciting to hear about firsts like that :D My hunter is my alt so the first time I ran a dungeon with him was at 80. I was nervous, but everyone was very nice and I acctually got a few drops.
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Bulletdance wrote:Grats! Its always exciting to hear about firsts like that :D My hunter is my alt so the first time I ran a dungeon with him was at 80. I was nervous, but everyone was very nice and I acctually got a few drops.
Same situation for my hunter. The first instance I really ran with her--as in, not running friends through low level dungeons--was at 80. Utgarde Pinnacle, one of my favorites. I knew the whole thing cold, and yet it was still nerve-wracking because I'd never done it as ranged before, just melee on my rogue. So it was still new in that sense. And yeah, I was lucky that the first group I went with was pretty level-headed, and I even got some new shoulder-gear :)

~VelkynKarma

Help my Dragons

Epicfail
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by Epicfail »

First dungeon - deadmines
First Heroic Dungeon - TOC (I was playing my priest more then, so he sorta got alted till recently)

In both, I was beastmastery spec, pulled crap dps (1.5k) and died 3 times. Nice symmetry really. Thankfully I got better gear... and changed specs.... and... stopped sucking... Every little bit helps..
I don't really feel like this is so much the "Post-Modern" era as much as its the "Pre-Zombie-Apocalpse" era. I consider myself more of a forward thinking guy and an era that just won't die is just as feasible as a coming era, where the dead come back.