Are you happy with the pace of Wow?

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Are you happy with the pace of Wow?

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Hi everyone. I find myself getting a bit bored with the pace of the game lately. Its still a lot of fun, but I'm thinking new content is way overdue to me. I can be a bit impatient however and it might be because I'm so excited about the new races things as they are now seem a bit hum drum. So I was wondering what everyone thought. Are you happy with the content as is and fine waiting for new stuff or are you guys getting a bit bored too? :?:
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Re: Are you happy with the pace of Wow?

Unread post by Sarayana »

It's funny, I was just chatting with some folks and reminiscing on how the game used to be a lot less fast paced. I remember how, back in TBC, you weren't a nob if you weren't wearing tier gear (whereas now, you might wear tier gear and STILL be a nob!), rep grinds and such weren't for achievements or even necessarily tangible rewards (save the mount factions, ofc), and when you logged on, it wasn't all gogogo right from the get go.

That's not to say I don't like what has been done in Wrath, I really do. I love the class improvements, the LFG, the more accessible raiding scene, the new types of quests, new game mechanics, etc. etc. etc. I just sometimes wish I was just poking around Nagrand just for the hell of it.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

I have to admit, I've only been once to Ulduar and never ever set foot to ICC.

But if you ask me, Cataclysm could hit the shelves tomorrow.

I love to play alts and try every kind of race/class combo but those starting zones are so boring to me now.

So I'd say, I desperately need new content but I'm still not done with the actual.
Sarayana

Lol Karath. I know what you mean. Ever since I stopped raiding back while Ulduar was the thing, I've slowly lost interest in it. I haven't been in ICC (and probably won't, unless it's a trash-farming rep run), and I've been to TOC once, on my healer. On the other hand, right now, I'm dying to create my new goblin and worgen, have been since I came up with classes, names, etc. for them. And the new zones... can't wait!

But yeah, my original point still stands, WoW has gotten rushed imo.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Overall? Yes, I'm happy with this game.

Sure there's some minor things every now and then, and sometimes I get into those lulls where I don't feel like playing, but my absolute love and obsession for WoW outweighs them all. x) As far as I'm concerned, I still have a ton of fun in the game, and as long as I continue to do so there's no problems. ^^

I do think the ridiculous rush to get to max level and get geared is a little silly, but I don't fret over it. I gear up my main character when I can, and I don't stress about being top of the charts. I have fun in other ways - I'm a horrible alt-o-holic and I'm constantly working on new characters, I like exploring the world, reading quest text, finding those places that you don't see (or shouldn't be in), and collecting minipets.

That said, I'm absolutely itching for Cataclysm to get here. I think it'll really breathe a lot of life back into the game, and I love the idea of a changed world that I'll no longer know like the back of my hand. I can't wait to see the new races and new creatures and pets that come out, so I'm very much anticipating the expansion.
Sarayana

That said, I'm absolutely itching for Cataclysm to get here. I think it'll really breathe a lot of life back into the game
You know, it just occurred to me that EVERYONE is going to be rolling a new alt. At least to try out the new races, but also to check out the new zones. All the lowbie zones will be populated again! :D

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Hopefully not my beloved zombie zone! That's where my zombie hunter is going to live for ten levels!

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yes, I think it will be great to see the world populated again at low levels! ^^

Gah, Cataclysm can't come soon enough...
Sarayana

Well with the pace of the game now, those ten levels will take you like 2 hours. ;)

We'll see how it turns out, but yeah, I predict massive rerolling, a flood of worgen and goblins (because really, why not?) and then oh... a month or so down the line, a mass of abandoned alts that just made it to Outlands. Just sayin'. ;)

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

I don't really mind the pace, but then, I've never been a part of the raid scene to begin with. The content has essentially been the same for me since they brought our the Argent Tournament, but I don't really mind that. I play wow to kill time, I enjoy the long rep grinds and random goals, and the most gearing up I do is whatever can be done without touching a dungeon. I rarely even instance, I just don't have the time for that; I certainly don't have the time to devote several hours a week to a rigid raiding guild structure. Sometimes I even stop for several months at a time.

I too am an alt-o-holic, so I get more fun out of creating new chars, trying new classes, and developing personalities and backstories for whomever I've made. :)

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

sarayana wrote:
That said, I'm absolutely itching for Cataclysm to get here. I think it'll really breathe a lot of life back into the game
You know, it just occurred to me that EVERYONE is going to be rolling a new alt. At least to try out the new races, but also to check out the new zones. All the lowbie zones will be populated again! :D
I expect to see A LOT of new goblin hunters in our US and EU guilds. If not you will be frowned upon by P. Dawg.

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Vephriel wrote:Gah, Cataclysm can't come soon enough...
Yeah, all the content at 80 really bores me after you've done it a few times. Dailies? Again? Lolno.

Kamalia
Realm: Kael'Thas, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kamalia »

I'm going to have to agree with everyone here. The last expansion has really sped things up in leveling terms, with all the new heirlooms and decreased amount of exp required to level. All WoW has turned into recently is LEVELLEVELLEVELLEVELDING~ 80!RAIDRAIDRAIDRAID
Isn't leveling supposed to be fun? I is, after all, a huge part of the game. It's been made into a kind of chore now. I personally love leveling and exploring (*Eyes army of alts*). I really hope that Cata brings back the fun of it all.

Chibi-Jen signature done by Sat, all other sigs and avatar done by me.