Hunter UI--HALP!

Gala
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Hunter UI--HALP!

Unread post by Gala »

So, i use xperl. But the problem is, i can never seem to get the pet frame to really flow with everything else. It is very awkwardly positioned. Any suggestions?
Saturo

Re: Hunter UI--HALP!

Unread post by Saturo »

Have you repositioned it?

I've actually moved my pet frame so that it's on the other side from my icon.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Gala
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Gala »

you mean like to the right of yours? you know, i could, and then i would just have to move my target icon. seems like a very obvious solution i didnt not think of. kinda feel dumb, lol
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

I don't have any ideas, I don't use X-perl. I've tried it a few times, it just... meh.

Gala
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Gala »

i could also just deactivate it when on my hunter/lock. i keep it on my main as a pally in the event i need to throw out a clutch heal or DI someone.
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Yeah I've given up using any kind of raid frame mods on my hunter. It's such a hassle and the standard frames get the job done just fine for her. But if you want more input, perhaps toss a screen grab up? It'll be easier to make recommendations if we know what you're looking at. :)

Edit: I loooooooove your signature! Frikkin' Humar! :D

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Rarako
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hakkar, Mug'thol

Unread post by Rarako »

I use Pitbull and Bartender just do to the fact that I really couldn't work with the frames the way I wanted to with X-pearl. Here's one set up that has really worked for me.

Many thanks to Vephriel for the amazing sig!

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

That is so... Cluttered... I could never play like that!

At least you know what you're doing. :D

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Epicfail
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by Epicfail »

Actually, I recently saw this vid and thought about updating my unit frames and addons to get something similar. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfZrjwvZ ... re=related yes, thats a priest, but you'll notice they have a crapton of info rolling around the page and it looks pretty nice for the most part.

I did some research and I decided to start using these addons:
1. Shadowed Unit Frames - seems simpler and does what I need. Pulled my char/targetting/pet bars down to the bottom so everythings close together.

2. Power Auras - because you can config it to visually cue you to events you need to keep track of and it looks damn good.

3. Grid - I just use this for raid frames. Its compact and shows what you need to know in a small area, especially if you're dps.

4. SCT - powerful at organizing what info you really need to see when you attack.

5. Viper Notify - Who here has gotten through to defeating the boss fight of a heroic and realize you've been on viper ever since after the first boss? Sounds funny, but it happens to the best of us. Be prepared!

6. Sexy Cooldown - Set it off to the side for a quick reference to when things like trinkets and specials will be ready.

7. Sexy Map - why? because its sexy... and if you really are tracking something, shouldn't the minimap be closer to your char? At worst, it allows you to customize shape, size and position where you wouldn't have otherwise.

8. Bartender4 - This should have been a no brainer to me from the beginning. Hunters only have 50 quick action bars and need closer to 100 :P. Unless you're a keybinder. One of these days I'll stop my evil clicking ways and see the light.

9. Simple Buff Bars - Have an odd flashing icon in the top corner of your screen? Not sure what it is? This addon might help. Also seperates buff and debuff bars, so you are able to keep less important information (yeah, we still have wintergrasp) off to the side and more important info (YOU HAVE THE BOMB!!!) front and center.

10. Atlasloot Enhanced - how did I ever live without this? What's this boss drop again? What meta gems need what gem reqs? How cool will I look if I ever farm enough frost badges to score a T10 set? Inquiring minds rolled /need.

I also grabbed Overachiever and a recipes list mod while I was at it and these rock too for the packrat/achiever in me.

Hope this list (at least in part) helps you out.
I don't really feel like this is so much the "Post-Modern" era as much as its the "Pre-Zombie-Apocalpse" era. I consider myself more of a forward thinking guy and an era that just won't die is just as feasible as a coming era, where the dead come back.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Epicfail, your name is deceiving, that's a good list of addons, and some of those I already have, some I might get after your description. Great list!

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Hmm, nice. I'll have to look into some of these addons, hehe.
Epicfail wrote:5. Viper Notify - Who here has gotten through to defeating the boss fight of a heroic and realize you've been on viper ever since after the first boss? Sounds funny, but it happens to the best of us. Be prepared!
WHY ARE YOU ALL STARING AT ME. Oh you weren't?
Crap.