Tricks for making gold; From experience

Kikanu
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shadowsong

Tricks for making gold; From experience

Unread post by Kikanu »

Hello ladies and gentlemen, I am here to help you make gold; the Gold Seller way (I'm not a gold seller, but I've talked to one)

Method 1; Jewelcrafting

You must be able to prospect Cobalt and Saronite Ore for this. This is really common sense, but it is a great gem of a method. Simply prospect a TON of ore by the stack. Fill your biggest bag with stacks of ore, then begin prospecting. Buy stacks off of the Auction House (20, be careful to look at what you buy), and be ready to be worried at first. It IS expensive. Now, prospect everything you have just bought. You will end up with a bunch of gems, both green quality and blue. For simplicity, download the addon "Auctioneer" if you do not have it. Once you have all your gems in the bags, head to your favorite auction house. With Auctioneer enabled, you will have several new auction tabs. For this guide, we want to use the new "Post" tab.

You will have two money slots; one for bid, one for buy. Below is your auction's time, then below that is what makes this easy; your quantity slot. Place your gem of choice in the top square slot (no need to separate it into singles), and change the quantity to [X] x [1] = X, where X is the total number of your gem. For example, let's say I've got 42 Bloodstone. I will do 42 in the first box, and 1 in the second. Now, with that ready, look to the side. Auctioneer will bring up every auction of the item you posted (for this example, Bloodstone). Click on the Buyout tab, and make sure a red arrow appears next to it. This will have the lowest buyout price as the top sale. For the example, let's say Nuckchoris is selling Bloodstones for 1g 30s per single stone. Change your buyout to 5 silver (yes, just 5 silver) less than the lowest price. With Bloodstone priced at 1g 25s now, press "Create Auction" and sit back. Auctioneer will separate your stacks of the chosen item into singles, and post all of them separately at the price chosen.

Sit back, and enjoy your mailbox being full.

Method 2; Mining for Lemmings

This is a less...friendly method, but is almost guaranteed to work every time. For this method, you will need a Miner who can mine Saronite Ore. Find out the buyout of Saronite Ore by the stack (for this example, 25g buyout). Get Two stacks of Saronite Ore, and several extra (let's say 8). If you have Auctioneer (explained in the Jewelcrafting guide), this becomes easier. Otherwise, place one stack of Saronite Ore for the current lowest price (25g for the example), then the second stack for about 3 gold less. Now, place the single ores (all 8 separately) at the same price as the second stack you put up. Wait for a few days, and see if your Saronite Ore has sold. If lucky, some poor fella will have bought (for this example) 184g worth of Saronite, but only recieved 8 pieces. This is best done on a random alt, that way nobody knows the evil you have done.

Method 3; Minipets

This method is FAR more time consuming, and could possibly mess you up. However, it has been proven to work nicely. All you need is one alt on the opposing faction, a friend/extra account, and one very high level player. Go to a vendor of your faction (such as the snake salesman in Orgrimmar or the cat lady outside of Stormwind), buy about 20 of each pet, then put em on the Auction House for high prices (like 4-10g, higher prices for opposite faction pets). Have your alternate faction alt put em up on the neutral auction house for about 1g per, and have your friend buy them all for you (since you cannot buy from your own alts, regardless of faction). Let's say your main is alliance; you'll sell alliance pets for 4~ gold, and horde pets for 10~ gold. Also, grab pets from neutral vendors, such as the parrots in Booty Bay. Put these up for about 5g more than the vendor sells them for.

This sounds silly, but surprisingly; people are stupid and lazy. They will buy your overpriced pets because they're not willing to take 4 minutes to run around, or they're too stupid to look and see where it is from first.

Hope these tips help you get gold. Good luck, fellow hunters.
WoW, where is my KAMEN RIDER BEETLE LARVA PET?
kairii
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: EU-Arathor

Re: Tricks for making gold; From experience

Unread post by kairii »

alchemy is good to and cheap to level the only thing that might 'cost' is frost lotus always go elixir master means more flasks 2-4 depending on your market 30-50g each

i personally use this prof on my priest which also has herbing but daily i make 3-5k again depends when i put them on AH aim for general raid times 19:00,19:30,20:00 so always go 10 mins before those times and youll always sell and ofc if you are a herber and you do 'free flasks for guild ofc your mats' 50% of the time they will buy your herbs so win win

A huge thanks to kamoodle5 for the amazing signature

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

I have both an alchemist and a jewelcrafter/miner on my main server. The two work VERY well together. Both are leveled to 450, so my JC has a number of 'epic' gems he can carve, and my alchemist can transmute epic gems.

My miner/JC mines ore, prospects it, and sends the blue-quality gems to my alchemist. Alternatively I can also make them from icy prisms.

My alchemist transmutes an epic gem, free of charge with the exception of a 1-day cooldown.

My JC/miner takes that epic gem back, checks the AH, and carves it into the currently most sought-after version of that color's cuts. Pop it up on the AH for 200-400G, and bam, you have the same amount of cash as a full day's worth of dalies in minutes :)

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

kairii
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by kairii »

yeah JCing is a nice prof going rate on my realm atm is 10g epic 5g blue
then if you sell your CD 50g .. if most wanan buy them for 50g even though you can make more ill never understand it myself xD

even uncut gems are selling high-ish 200g+
cut depends what it is my arp was 250g last time i checked ><

Charlie
Realm: US Tanaris

Unread post by Charlie »

I'm horrible at making money
I just buy the epic gems with the honor I earn and sell them raw (150g-250g)
and I'm doing the crusader dailies so when I get enough I buy one of the minipets and sell that for 500g
I think I get enough every 2-3 days
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Charlie wrote:I'm horrible at making money
Oh I'm the same. Whenever I make money, it's usually from quests. I usually take too much time playing the game to do anything like purposely make too much money. Bah, I'm so weird. ;)

But nice guide regardless.

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

When playing alts, I usually take Skinning and combie it with herbalism or mining.
Just sell everything you find, leather, herbs or ore.
I never had an alt that didn't hit 100G before being level 20.
Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Fizzcrank US

Unread post by Skyshot »

I tend to have a lot of luck with mining and engineering honestly.
My realm has a nice heavy hunter population so the scopes and blue ammo/arrows sell rather nicely. Especially now that mammoth cutters and saronite razorheads mat costs have gone down. I put on some good flying music and spend 30 minutes farming saronite in stormpeaks then zip over to zul'drak for an extra 30 mins to farm cobalt. It also helps to have gatherer so I can pick and choose the best farming paths. :) Once the hour is up, I head back to dal and make arrows out of the saronite (maybe some scopes if I get lucky and find the required gems) and just sell the cobalt as is in stacks of 5 to 10. I tend to make a very pretty chunk of gold that way.

<My whelps - My Dragons>
"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept."
-Calvin and Hobbes

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Skinning and leatherworking have turned out to be quite effective on Stereoptic. I had 150g at level 17!

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Kastarakovski
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Icecrown, Ysera, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kastarakovski »

I've found perhaps the easiest way to make gold is to pick the gathering professions (Skinning/Mining/Herbing - any combination) and simply concentrate on levelling them as you level. Certain low level ores/herbs can net you a full mailbox for several weeks at a time.

I'll use Kas, my Troll alt Hunter (*ducks bricks from Troll haters*) as an example. He was level 10, I made the insanity run to the Exodar to tame Banshee (Zarakh), but got somewhat sidetracked by the volley of untouched copper and tin mines that were going to waste in Alliance Territory. It got me pwned several times, clearly by my own negligence - I don't recommend going AFK on a road leading out of Exodar (dang patrols) - but netted him his first 350g long before level 15. Kas was sitting on 1850g at level 20.

At current, he's a Skinner/Miner, and at level 68 is carrying about 6400g (that's from level 10 onwards - I've not found it a difficult issue to make gold). My goal per level is to best whatever total I amounted to during the prior level. Skinning in the long run varies per server, but currently Knothide Leather/Knothide Leather Scraps on my server is averaging about 35g/7g per stack. Mining however is a different story. For those playing the home game, keep an eye on your auction house, especially the neutral ones. There are some people who will put say a stack of fel iron bars for 6g and on the normal AH, it's going for five to six times that. Auction sniping is a viable way to make money, but it's not my long run thing.

Any item that is white has a value to someone for some purpose at some time. I've found, through experience, it's just a matter of having what people need. And to those having problems, go with my tried and tested gathering duo of Mining/Herbalism. 32,000g on my main huntress's bank alt is all through that :)

kairii
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by kairii »

yeah gathering does make alot but ive got my hunter now inscribe/engi
priest herb alch
druid tail miner
mage herb skinner

then again i can always log my BF account for enchants and one of my good friends for gems [ofc i buy mats and they do for free but the mats are pritty much free nowdays]