You Died HOW?!

Sonata
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill, Bloodhoof.

Re: You Died HOW?!

Unread post by Sonata »

Safrienaer wrote:Dismounting my dragon the moment I thought I would hit the ground. apparently I did a swirl of sorts while landing, which rocketed me over the nearby cliff, even though I was several yards away from it. I still don't know how it happened. <.<
XD Oh I can name your deaths so well. (Or the insane ones)

Hard to think of a silly death, I guess one would be that before the dismounting on aerial mounts was made obsolete, a moonkin knocked me off a cliff in Icecrown on my druid and I died after I was out of combat and in flight form but I touched the ground already!

I guess another one would be that I was on my paladin and I thought I was a mage and ran right off the side of Freedom Post in Thousand needles.

Hunter deaths are just my pet seeing as fun to drag the whole area of mobs at me. Making me forget I had FD. You see a crowd of trolls running at you, it is a forgetting moment!

"I'm in SPAAAAACE"

Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

Ooh, and I've also managed to die by falling when on my druid, even though I was the whole time in Flight Form. XD There are some places that go down so steep that if you try to land on them, you will just slide downwards until the steep part ends - doesn't matter if you're on a flying mount, you will still fall and take fall damage. :P
Gala
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Gala »

when i first started playing WoW, my first toon was a Nelf Druid.

i somehow managed to fall off Teldrassil.

Im still not sure how i did it. A combination of jumping on rocks i shouldn't have been jumping on, i imagine.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm pretty sure everyone who's rolled a Night Elf as a newb has fallen off Teldrassil. xD I did the classic:
"Wow, look at this neat waterfall near Darnassus!" *leans over* "Crap I fell and died!" *as a ghost jumps off the ledge to land where body is, but over-shoots and ends up in the ocean with no clue where to go. No spirit healer in sight, so flies out over the water until fatigued and die agains then rezzes at the graveyard.*
Jakjak
Realm: The Scryers

Unread post by Jakjak »

Yep, it's common, but still funny. I once saw a demon waaay out on a branch, and thought "piece of cake."

Sooo wrong, and fell while running away >_< That guy bounced a couple times, as I recall.

I keep forgetting I have FD, so I just do it for real.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ah, I remember that demon. The Satyr guy that has a bunch of stealthed friends? xD
Talody
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Talody »

Too many to recall. . .

First character ever, little UD lock, running around Silverpine, I learned the hard way what those funny gold dragons on the Son of Argual icon meant. *ow*

Fell off Teldrassil not once. . .not twice. . .four times. . .Still no clue how I avoided learning the "Look before you jump" lesson the first time.

Fell off of Tanaris and went splat in Un'Goro.

Fell through the SW AH and went splat right in the middle of the SW entrance gate,

Disengaged off of cliffs/zeppelins/Netherstorm. . .

The hole in the dragonkin area in Sunken Temple. . .don't jump down it. :oops:

As my druid, jumping off of Naxx and popping flight form. . didn't hit FF fast enough. *splat*

I'm sure I have many, many more, just can't think of them right now. Coming up with that short list is making me wonder how I ever managed to stay alive long enough to level. :oops: :lol:

Dragons!
Jandos of <Petopians>
with
Truffle and Glasgow

rubybeam

Unread post by rubybeam »

i guess i have an interesting one iwas so tired one night with my lv.70 dwarf huntuer fresh with wrath of the lich king my friends told me not to go into dragonblight yet so anyway i was heading to borean tundra right then i'm like really need som sleep so i log my hunter off still ON THE BOAT next day i wake up log in and of coursei except to be in boarean tundra instead i'm underneath azeroth just falling my fatugaue bar slowly decreaseing and me i couldn't do a thing so i die not knowing where to rez and i can't so i'm still falling not finished moutains and whiteness everywhere i logged out hopeing it was over i log back in and i'm still falling i get back to life at full health from another glitch and then i die again except at DRAGONBLIGHT! i had no idea how i manged to get there and i was forced to rez useing the spirit healer so i rez i have the rez debff and all my armours red to I hearth back to shatt the worst thing is my brother ans sister saw it all and were alll laughing
Awesome signature by the awesome pengupuff!
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Yup, I've ended up in dragonblight for odd reasons too. I'd casually walk into the inn in Valgarde, blink, lag, end up inside a wall, blink again, in order to get out, and end up falling from a point high above dragonblight.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Dragonpuff
Haiku Master
Realm: Duskwood (US)
Location: On an undisclosed island that is being shredded by giant boss fights

Unread post by Dragonpuff »

Oh, I have a funny one. It didn't happen to me, but I played a key roll in the happening.

I was helping this random guy out, finishing some quests he couldn't do at his level. When we finished up all the things he had, he asked if I would help him get the Carrot on a Stick. I had some more time, so I was like, sure why not? But he had to go afk for a sec, so after we landed at the flight pint in Thousand Needles, he set to /follow me and trusted that I would no let him die.
Sadly, that was a mistake.
I ran and got on the elevator to get to ground level, and his character obediantly followed me. But the second he stepped on that elevator, something went terribly wrong. Rather then stop beside me, like normal, he got catapulted a good 30 yards (in-game) of that thing, and fell to his doom. I couldn't stop laughing, it was so funny. I can see it in my head now, that poor Paladin shooting right past me into the sky...

Taz'dingu of the Petopians Guild, Nesingwary Server

Here there be Dragons (and Eggs)

Zanidar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Venture Co - Nesingwary

Unread post by Zanidar »

The level ?? Lazer Chicken blasted me off of a cliff...grr...
Dulanie
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Blackhand

Unread post by Dulanie »

I was running Occulus on my Dk, and I am not sure how it happened. We were on ther first part before the portal to the first boss when all of a sudden I'm falling and die. /facepalm I felt like such a n00b :lol:
We don't die. We multiply.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

It's always fun to be an elemental shaman in EotS BG.

You just get to the bridge with the flag, and use thunderstorm to knock all the little peoples off into the abyss.

But I've had cases when my shaman was on her way to do that, that ANOTHER elemental shaman did it first to me. As I fell I could only shout "SCREW YOUUUuuuuu..."

Nightmare452
Realm: Anetheron

Unread post by Nightmare452 »

Fun trick to try if your death knight or shaman.
Go to a dungeon where you fall from a good height into water, UK or AN work great for these even ToC 10/25 after the twins works.
Water walk someone if your shammy or path of frost if your death knight and watch the fun ensue.
Picked this up from my boyfriend, he water walked his friend while he they were jumping down the hole in UK to get back to the entrance. We couldn't stop laughing, I threaten people with water walking and path of frost all the time *evil grin*
Jroaeyl
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Jroaeyl »

I flew through Vyragosa (rare elite dragon at Storm Peaks) and instantly died. It was weird because you usually get several hits otherwise before you die.
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

Talody wrote:Fell off Teldrassil not once. . .not twice. . .four times. . .Still no clue how I avoided learning the "Look before you jump" lesson the first time.
I second that. I've lost count of how many times I've run (or almost run) off a very high cliff. I've managed to stop at the last possible second a couple of times... Also as Sonata knows, I'm the master of running through a pack of mobs, getting dazed and thus dismounted and then dying there. The patience to go around a village or fight my way through it escapes me. My patience isn't any better with looking for a better spot to get down a hill - I've died way too many times because I thought I would live through a jump (and gotten the Going Down achievement by accident numerous times).

I've purposefully dropped myself off the edge of Hellfire just to know what would happen. :P The mining nodes that float in the air in Northrend are also such interesting speciments that I often mine them and then see what happens if I jump once the node is gone. Also checking out every world boss I've never heard of up close is one of my specialities. Don't be worried if I run at Emeriss all of a sudden - it's perfectly normal, I'm a curious person. XD

The funny thing is, I've never died due to falling into water while having Water Walking on. I've had the habit of facing the camera downwards anytime I jump into water while I'm able to Water Walk ever since my Shaman got the spell. ^^
Vespias
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Vespias »

Fell out of the world tree on my NElf. Think I had to die 4 times before I actually hit the water and was able to swim around to the village. Was not pretty.