RP any intrest

Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

RP any intrest

Unread post by Aweena »

Been thinking id like to try an rp realm and it would be fun to lvl and make the storie with some other "nuts" ehhh players so thougth if anyone is alredy on a rp server or has the same idea would like to start out ?

oh and since im from denmark this would be on a eu realm aswell ofc

If love is an illusion to hell with reality

kairii
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: EU-Arathor

Re: RP any intrest

Unread post by kairii »

ive kinda wanted to try one to but i dont know how to go about it maybe we can start off together sometime ... though i guess i need to make a story for my character ... god im a nab in things like this ><

WTB hints and tips on RP tooo :D

A huge thanks to kamoodle5 for the amazing signature

Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Aweena »

made a nelf drood on earthen ring shes called ritalina we can start out and learn together the story well write a diary on her and put in some creative stuff is how i am gonna go about it

kairii
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by kairii »

hmmm well i can skip my next class better spend some time on thinking aabout name and details >.<

Xanethia
Realm: Terenas

Unread post by Xanethia »

First off: I'm not much into RP myself, but i've had friends that was and still do RP, both in WoW and other games and RL RP.
And through there i've picked somthing that you might be able to use when trying to embrace the RP aspects.

RP has more to do with You being your character and appearance and interaction, than doing various raids etc over and over again.
Again, RP is divided into 2-3 degrees - light, medium and heavy RP all after how much that is expected of one.

Before you jump into the game on a RP realm, you have to set up at least a very basic background/story/style you want to build on.

background can be orphaned young from the other faction or similar killing off parents (perhaps along with a entire village)
Adventurer out there, seeking what the next day brings.
Arms for hire or something completely different.

When you've have the basic background in place you can start to build a story upon that, wich also gives to the style of the character.
While getting this setup, you will also slowly be able to see your char getting build up around certain features - wich will help you decide the gender, race and class your char is going to be.
Selecting gender, race and class first will only limit your creativity, as the story/background will be forced to fit to that certain char - whereas if you do the basic background first, you will be able to choose from a wider range of race/class mixes.

Once you have the basics in place, you can begin to expand on that, making the story more full.
On an rp realm, you are mostly expected to speak in the role of your char, talking OOC/OOR (Out of Char/Out Of Role) is usually put within ** or () to notify it is not rp.

I can only recommend that you visit blizzards on rp forums and guildelines on their websites.

XP, can be viewed as (but not limited to) a sort of age or life experience.

As i also wrote, apperance counts for a lot on RP realms - thus making it a good idea to collect various sets of clothing for different occasions.
Everyday clothing, war/combat clothing, party, travelling etc.

Will edit and expand this, as i come up with more, hope it helps to at least get some of you started.
kairii
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by kairii »

hmm tyvm for the infor :D
guess i gonna be reading some lore >.>

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

kairii wrote:guess i gonna be reading some lore >.>
Claiming amnesia is a great way to make up for not taking the time to read the pages and pages one has to to keep up to date on WoW lore. :D

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Honestly, I think as long as you have a good grasp of the basic backstory of your race and the general history of the world, you don't have to be stressed over the tiny, nitpicky details. How many times in a regular conversation do those things come up? You don't meet someone and start spouting off your knowledge of the past, you usually just...act like yourself.

I'm not saying don't bother to read up on anything, but I think you'll find for the most part you can get away with not having an encyclopedia-like knowledge base of Azeroth. ;)
kairii
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by kairii »

i know some but tbh i swear i was a gold fish in a past life my memory is a lil terrible XD

was thinking over one during my FMP lesson might post it up here so you can all tell me i am a noob and need to change this and that :D

Artume
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Wildhammer EU

Unread post by Artume »

I'd love to do this, but I'm sure the only thing I'd be able to RP would be "old and tired". :D
Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Aweena »

Ritalina is a druid she woke up from the emerald dream and had lost her memory she is now starting training in the druid arts again to regain her memory perhaps and well she goes hibernating in bear form :D

kairii
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by kairii »

i could RP dumb :D
srsly im still thinking of background story and told my guildies today seems i can RP my lol gear covers it -.-
so all i gotta do its act like im the character and ive been told 'ive got it'

stupid pvp'ers >.<