addons

kairii
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: EU-Arathor

addons

Unread post by kairii »

k its been bugging me seeing people with 1001 addons and i have a mere 8 addons :s
Omen
Recount
DBM
Grid
Bartender
Atlastloot
Classtimer
Cast bars

i did have NPCscan for awhile but now i just run into things to much >< afk flying for the loss

so i wanna know what addons people use and maybe describe them a lil for others looking for addons to ;D

so i guess i gotta start

Omen - a threat meter useful when your a dps so you dont pull the boss onto you

Recount - keeps track of dmg/dps/hps/activity etc.

DBM [deadly boss mods] - shows CD's and warns when a boss might do a certain attack

Grid - raid widow shows everyone in party and raid and debuffs on them and who has arggo

Bartender - UI mod addon that allows you to edit your bars ingame so you can have them anywhere on your screen any size etc

Atlastloot - shows loots for all instances and deck game cards BoE world drops World bosses mounts mini pets tabards etc :)

Classtimers - shows in bar form CD's on your attacks and the cast bars of mobs where you want to see them

Cast bars - name says it all a cast bar addon that allows you again to move things where you like :)

i fail at describing things i know sorry :x

A huge thanks to kamoodle5 for the amazing signature

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: addons

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hmm, I'll have to go straight from memory since I'm not at home, but I'm pretty sure these are all the add-ons that I use. Wow, I use a lot more than I thought I did. xD

Quest Guru - I cannot live without this addon. It's a Quest Log interface that gives you a much easier-to-navigate window along with a greatly improved quest tracker for the side of your screen. It also plays little sounds when you gather/complete part of a quest and another sound when you fully complete a quest. I can't play WoW without this addon anymore, so if they ever retire it I'm screwed. xD

Annoying Buff Reminder - This is an excellent addon, and I highly recommend it for everyone! It's exactly what it sounds like...no matter which class you are playing, it will pop up with a box in the middle of your screen to remind you of those buffs you should always have up but often forget to reapply. For hunters it also tells you when you turn Aspect of the Viper off when your mana is refilled. :) I love it for classes like Shamans and Warlocks. Reminds you to throw your weapon buffs an Demon Armor and such on. ^^ (I'm so bad at forgetting to reapply those when questing) But yeah, it works for every class should they have an ability like that.

PetEmote - I'm sure most of you know what this one is, but it's an addon that randomly has your pets do little emotes to give them personality. :)

Mappy - Totally stole it from Ryno, lol. I love this addon and how customizable it is. It changes your minimap into a square size so you can see more of the map at once instead of having it cut off by the circle shape. You can change settings like it's opacity, you can have nodes show up extra large (useful when mining), and it shows coordinates in the bottom corner. It also organizes the little minimap buttons around it, so you never have overlapping ones.

QuestHelper - Ehh, I don't really use this so much anymore now that WoW has the built in quest locations. The main reason I used to have it was for the Cartographer addon that came with it, but Cartographer's been retired and it no longer works. :(

Altoholic - Best. Addon. Ever. I have no idea what I did without this before, since I really am an alt-o-holic. This will allow you to keep track of all the items/gold/mail that you have between all of your characters. All you have to do is log into your characters and it will remember what's in their bags, their bank, etc. It warns you if you have mail that's about to expire on any of your characters, and (my favourite thing), when you hover over an item it will tell you which of your character has that item and how many. This is SO handy when you're looking for a specific thing and not sure where you have it. Just hover over a link and it will tell you where it is. ^^ It also lets you know of calendar events for all of your characters, such as raids or guild events.

Recount - A DPS/Damage meter. Lots of options and a nice, simple addon.

Omen - Aggro/Threat meter.

DBM - Warnings for Bosses in instances and such.

GupPet - A wonderful little addon that gives you 2 buttons allowing for your mount and minipet. The mount button is 'smart', in other words it will select a flying mount if you're in Northrend, and a land mount if you're in Azeroth. It also randomly selects one of your mounts. You can go in and choose exactly which mounts you want it to select from, and it does the same for minipets. It also can be set to automatically summon a random minipet for you if you don't have one out.

Flo Aspect Bar - Another must-have for my Hunter, this great addon gives you two extra action bars (similar to your pet bar) for your Aspects and Traps. That frees up a lot of room on your regular action bars, and it has a handy cooldown built in for the traps. :D

Durability Status - I'm not sure what the exact name of the addon is, but it basically shows a tiny box that you can drag anywhere on your screen that displays your current durability status as a percentage. I keep it right beside my minimap to easily see when I should go repair. The numbers are also coloured: green for good, yellow for slightly damaged, orange, red, etc.

Kills To Level - A simple little addon that basically calculates how many kills are needed in order to level. It's only useful for alts, but I like looking up and seeing "Oh, if I kill 30 more things I'll level, may as well do that."

Sell Price - Another addon I can't remember the name of, but it shows you the sell price of an item when you hover over it.

Movable Bags - Allows you to move your bag windows around.

FlagRSP - A roleplaying addon that lets you set character names/descriptions/etc. (when I was trying roleplaying...don't use it much now)
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

I don't think I could play without my bartender, moving everything around, resizing, etc... It's just great.

Quartz is a great addon too, for casting classes. It shows you a really nice casting bar.

Azzrazzah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary is the Shizznit,

Unread post by Azzrazzah »

I use:

Atlas
Titan panel
Gatherer
Carbonite
Auctioneer
SpamMeNot
Silverdragon
Npcscan
DBossMod
Omen
Recount

I Came...I Saw...I Tamed

Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

Let's see now...

NPCScan
Auctioneer - got it yesterday and am still getting used to it. I'm still not sure if I want to keep using this or go back to use Auctionator, which is a LOT simplier.
BindPad - allows binding macros/skills/whatever to keys without having to keep them on your skillbars
Clique - shows cooldowns on the skill buttons
DeadlyBossMods
EveryQuest - helps with finishing every single quest in a zone
ExtraBar - more bar space
FloAspectBar & FloTotemBar (in addition to keeping totems on a shaman, the TotemBar also displays traps if you're on a hunter)
GryphonsRemover - go away you pesky gryphons! I have minimal space to work with as it is :P
Infobar - a black bar that can be set to display stuff like amount of gold, bagspace, coordinates, FPS etc.
InlineAura - makes it easier to see if a buff/debuff is active on my target
LightHeaded - easy way to find out what to do when the coords aren't enough
OmniCC - another addon that displays cooldown, can't exactly remember why I have two of these. Might've been because each display some skills that the other doesn't reckognize...
PetEmote
Postal
QuestGuru
Recount
SpamMeNot - no more pesky gold-sellers interrupting my fun
TomTom
TTW_Tooltip - allows me to decide where I want tooltips to appear
UFE - displays class icons next to a player's portrait

Then there are some class-specific addons for my alts
Quartz_Windfury - shows Windfury's cooldown on my Shaman
ShieldsUp - makes it easier to tell the status of Shaman shields and plays a sound when the shield drops
StunWatch - for those moments that I feel like playing my Rogue
YurysRuneDisplay - helps keeping track of my runes when I'm on a DK

... *stares at the huge list* I don't have Omen, as I find that WoW's own threat meter is good enough right now.

And I also got Mappy and am off to try it out now. XD
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Oh yes, I forgot about this one:

I have an Addon for when I'm playing a rogue that adds a little button to easily put poisons on your weapons. You click it and it's a drop down list of what to apply. Simple, but so much easier than opening your bags and character window. :)
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Atlas Loot - For looking awesome LOOTZ.
Flos Aspect Bar - Extra bar for my Aspects.
Flos Totem Bar - I don't use it on my Shaman, but it does work as a trap bar for Hunters.
Deadly Boss Mods - Love this addon way too much.
Bejeweled - Hey keeps me entertained during those long dungeon ques.
NPCScan - Mainly used for looking for rare pets, but I still use it to find rares in general.
FlagRSP - RP Addon since I play on an RP server.
PetEmote - Fun to use. <3
Titan Panel - Helps display how much gold I have on all characters, bag space, coordinates, and my durability.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

Wow...now I do feel like I use too many addons! :lol:

Let's see if I can remember all the important ones.

Chocolate Bar ( I used to use FuBar but switched to this when FuBar stopped being supported)
X-Perl unit frames
FloHunterBar (the same thing as FloAspectBar and TotemBar, just combined into one.)
SilverDragon (for hunting down those rarespawns)
Omen
Recount
Deadly Boss Mods
PetEmote
Flag RSP2
AtlasLoot Enhanced
Cartographer
GuildFu and FriendsFu (these are FuBar plugins to show you who on your friends list or in your guild is online without having to open the window and look...but since 3.3, they're not updating correctly. This makes me sad.)
PowerAuras ( I originally got this for my shadow priest, to alert me when I had 5 stacks of Shadow Weaving up. Now I'm playing around with it for things like a Serpent Sting timer for Tahl and diseases on my DK.)
Mik's Scrolling Combat Text
HideGriffons (at least, I think that's what it's called)

For my pally tank - PallyPower.

I tried Altoholic at one point, and found that it seemed to be a memory hog. If I could find lighter variants of some of the addons I'm already using, perhaps I could try some other addons. I envy those of you that grok barmods like Bartender...they always gave me a hard time when I was trying to set them up, so I don't use one.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Aweena »

my addons folder
my addons folder
addons.jpg (241.07 KiB) Viewed 3246 times
Buggrabber: well grabs bugs

swatter: euhm it came with auctioneer

auctioneer: helps me make money on the auction house also makes it possible to check up on things and gives a feature to search for sertain things to either vendor at a profit or disenchant at a profit its all about making golds

ace2: dunno why i still have it but its somthing similar to titan panel and fubar migth be a lib part for another addon

Titan panel: gives a nice panel in top or both top and bottom for info plugins like how mutch gold i have on a server and more

advanced tradeskill window: lets me be more specifik on what i am making lets me put up a queue of items needed to make one particular thing and can be used to make a shoping list at the ah

agt(automatic goblin therapist): lets you put anoying gold spommers retards and idior eletisjerks whiners and others on a automatic wisper reply i love it

aloft:not working as i want atm but its supposed to give more info to the bar above mobs heads when you use v command

Armory: lets you monitor all your chars no matter what char your on and their inv and skills and so on

Atlas + atlasloot: lets you see dungeon maps and loot tables in wow

auto merchant: sells all junk and auto repairs at a repair vendor

autotrack: shift to the mob im currently figtings tracking so i do more dmg with the survival talent imp tracking

babel: easy switching between spoken languages (mostly for rp)

bankstack + banksort: sorts bags invtory and bank

bejewled: lets you play bejewled on fligths when scanning ah and when bored

bulkmail: helps with mails lets you set a char to auto send mats to and lets you take all attatchments

bunnyhunter: counts how many times you killed a sertain mob for a pet drop and estimates your drop chance so far.

Collect me: well lets you see what you need to collect and where to get it also lets you summon random companions

nui: a addon that replaces the original wow ui lots of plugins for it and well easy to use

ill just setle for the favorites of the rest and be lazy

WIM: advanced wisper mod that lets your wispers be sorted in a window and tracks the wispers you have had so far i simply love this mod to bits

vendorbait: im lazy as hell so this lets me know what quest item reward is gonna sell for most

xloot: tracks loot and well it makes a nice small loot window

spammenot: blocks spam i like it but on rp servers it isent really needed as mutch imo so far and itll block rp mods like rsp

destruction for dummies: helps with rotations to make you do your best in dps (im lazy yes)

makeroom: lets me destroy grey items when my bags are full

gather sage +gather sage2: puts in an additional info in your tool tips when hovering herbs ore and so on on what lvl skill is recuired and one does the math for you on how many points till you can pick up the item

gathere: mostly self explainatory but shows locations of gatherable items and treasures

Gogomount: random mounting and a hotkey for it

eletistgroup:not quite done learning this yet and im not sure i really need it

Gearscore: easy way of estimating peoples gear values

Pawn: similar to gear score just has more ways of being set up

flagrsp: roleplaying mod i just got lets you make a description of your char and add surname and maybe front names

onebag + onebank: one bag window and one bag bank window was tired of opening one bag at the time

peggle: play peggel when bored in game or flying or whatever rather addictive untill all is complete

overachiever: tracks achivements and sutch

petemote: random pet emotes and so on im still a novice and would likt to be abel to make more emotes for my own chars pets

anything more you wanna know what does please ask :D

and noooo im not a addonoholic at all :oops: (trys to look innocent)

If love is an illusion to hell with reality

Ghanur
Realm: Tranquility

Unread post by Ghanur »

Dominos - best thing to manage the bars
FlosHunterBar - aspects and traps in one nice place
Classic ThreatMeter - simple tool to manage threat
GFW_FeedOMatic - one click pet care ;)

Gatherer - guess what :mrgreen:
kairii
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by kairii »

Titan Panel - Helps display how much gold I have on all characters, bag space, coordinates, and my durability.
now this is one i wanted to try out but does it work with bartender?
and is anyone else having the problem with recount? mines kinda hating DBM and bartender :s

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

It works just fine with Bartender.

Personally, I found that Dominos works better with other addons tough, so I use that one now.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

kairii
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by kairii »

hmm might try that one out .. bartender always messes up one of my characters ... normally my buggy mage that for the love of god WONT blink forward >.>

Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Fizzcrank US

Unread post by Skyshot »

<My whelps - My Dragons>
"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept."
-Calvin and Hobbes

Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Ryno wrote:Quartz is a great addon too, for casting classes. It shows you a really nice casting bar.
Quartz also rocks for hunters cause it keeps track of your debuffs on the target. Basically, right under my cast bar, I see all the debuffs I have up - black arrow, explosive shot, serpent sting, etc. etc. Makes it real easy to refresh when they expire (and not refresh too soon!).

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I have too many addons.

But.

Yeah.

One of the outdated ones I still like having is SimpleMD. While it's no longer useful for tracking misdirects in raids (since we can all MD at the same time anyway now), a lot of hunters still have it, so it's nice for seeing when a tank will (or won't) be getting extra aggro. (or if a hunter is MDing to someone NOT a tank...)

I also find it beneficial to run Pally Power on all my toons that raid, simply because I then know who to ask for a particular buff, should the need arise. :)

Pretty much everything else I use has already been mentioned, save HealBot, but that's really of no use to hunters.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

The ones I use are:

ZHunter--- a great mod for Hunters that puts all your traps, aspects, pet functions and other things on buttons that you can place wherever you want. The button shows whatever one is active or whatever one would be the best to use next, depending on how you set it up. Check it out.

Power Auras Classic--- another great mod that lets you set up customizeable auras around your character that show you when shots are available or need to be applied, when procs are active, and can be set to show just about anything you want. I use it to show me when serpent sting is not on the target, when Kill shot can be fired, when there is no mark applied, whether I forgot to change my aspect, and when my trinkets and other things proc.

Auction Lite--- I used to use Auctioneer, but it became too bloated with things I found useless. Auction Lite is just that. Lightweight and powerful enough to make playing the AH a lot easier. It scans extremely fast and can be set to scan for favorite items you buy regularly. One of the best features is the ability to buy multiple listings of an item at once.

Atlas-- Great instance mapper and combines with the next in my list to make gear searches easier.

Atlas Loot Enhanced--- shows Boss drops, gear that can be purchased with emblems, PvP gear, etc. etc. you can create wish lists as well.

Titan Panel--- puts customizeable bars at the top and/or bottom of the screen where you can put modules to show things like coordinates, XP gain, ammo, durability status, Honor and BG stats, Record critical hits, etc. etc.

Omen--- Threat meter

Recount--- records damage, healing, dps, and many other things.

Deadly Boss Mods--- Gives warnings and timers during Boss fights

Map notes--- Lets you mark your maps with locations of interest. Very useful for marking spawn points of those elusive rare spawns.

Item Rack-- Create easily switchable gear sets for different situations. There is now a built in version but ItemRack still gives more and better options
Anansi
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Anansi »

I use a lot of addons.

Dominos for button bars
Omen Threat Meter
Deadly Boss Mods (though lately I've been giving Deus Vox Encounters a spin and I quite like it, though it doesn't have an instance DB like DBM does)
Proculas (proc timer)
Align
Prat
OmniCC (puts numeric values on your button bars for CDs)
Recount
FuBar and assorted plugins
Basic MiniMap
Quartz
Vehicle Manager (removes the vehicle "overlay" image that appears on the right hand side of the screen when you are in a passenger-carrying vehicle)
Range Finder
Viper Notify
ZHunter (though all I use from this addon currently is the AutoShot timer bar)
Atlas
Atlas Loot
GTFO (plays alarms when you are standing in something you shouldn't)
Iron Chef (equips Chef Hat and Chef title when opening the Cooking interface)
Lightheaded
Fizzwidget's Feed-O-Matic
OneBag3
OneBank3
Power Auras
Scrolling Combat Text
Scrolling Combat Damage Text
Rating Buster
QuestAnnounce
RhadaTip
Talented
TipTac