Patch delayed --- Next Lich King

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Patch delayed --- Next Lich King

Unread post by Danielfboone »

It seems that the patch that was supposed to happen today (according to MMO-Champion) has been delayed. Whether that means the Arthas encounter will be patched in at the same time it unlocks or not is unknown.

Who do you think the next Lich King will be? It is a certainty that we will kill Arthas and that there will have to be a replacement for him to keep the remaining Scourge from overrunning the World. This replacement will have to be someone incorruptible so they do not become as evil as Arthas and in my eyes and the eyes of many, this person is Bolvar. He has been resisting the efforts of Arthas to turn him evil and has shown himself to be a prime candidate to make the "noble sacrifice", as Uther calls it in his conversation with Jaina in the Halls of Reflection. Since he is already dead but still incorruptible, Bolvar seems like the obvious choice.
Saturo

Re: Patch delayed --- Next Lich King

Unread post by Saturo »

I'm gonna' vote for Tirion Fordring. He seems incorrupitble, and he's currently spearheading the whole anti-Arthas crusade.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I think I might cry when we kill Arthas. :(

He's probably my favourite lore character, and his entire storyline is one of the major things that drew me into the Warcraft universe. I just find his history so compelling, tragic, and epic. Though I knew it would eventually come to this, I just can't bear the thought of killing him once and for all...gah.

If my wishful thinking were in charge of things, I would have loved to see something happen where his last bit of humanity takes over once again. He'd still be the Lich King, but he could now control the Scourge and make them join forces with the Horde and the Alliance to battle the Burning Legion. :3

Heh, yeah...not going to happen, I know. Still...would be kind of cool.
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

The next Lich King? I'm still putting my money on Bolvar. >.< He just seems the one to take it.

...And I have a feeling Tirion is going to show up during the Arthas fight and kick the bucket.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I don't see Tirion dying. I'll be very surprised if that happens
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

I could see Tirion taking over as the new Lich King. Since he's been the head of the whole 'attack icecrown' project from the beginning, and has largely been the force behind making everyone work together, this wouldn't surprise me. The man has an incredible amount of will, I think he could hold out against the lich.

Then again, I can also see it killing him slowly. :(

Either way, I think Tirion's major involvement--and story--is going to end at Icecrown in one way or another. He's been vital to this particular expansion, but somehow I can't imagine him still being one of the major figures when Deathwing sends Azeroth all crazy.

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Agreed, I think Druids, like Malfurion, will play a much larger role than the Paladins in Cataclysm.

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Aweena »

bolvar its what evryone thinks and well he is the obvious choice

If love is an illusion to hell with reality

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

I think Hogger is going to be the next Lich King.

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

I believe in Tirion as well.

If Hogger get to be Lich King, I'll bend my knee to him.
Sonata
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill, Bloodhoof.

Unread post by Sonata »

Ryno wrote:I think Hogger is going to be the next Lich King.
This would be scary.....
And we would be doomed!

I'm leaning towards Bolvar on this one, Tirion is a worthy for title of the Lich King, I just like him so I don't want him to go.

Tirion could be it because he well, something tells me he could do some craazy motion grab for the frostmourne.
Bolvar makes me think that in the fight he would by a mysterious way save the Raid party and grabs the Frostmourne, seeing as he is being tortured so he has a way of appearing. (wait a minute they could both do this anyway)

Maybe it could be Kael'thas, I mean he has these set backs alot, wouldn't be a wonder!
No wait no, the Blood Elfs hate the Scourge...well would have been funny.

"I'm in SPAAAAACE"

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Sonata wrote:
Ryno wrote:I think Hogger is going to be the next Lich King.
This would be scary.....
And we would be doomed!

I'm leaning towards Bolvar on this one, Tirion is a worthy for title of the Lich King, I just like him so I don't want him to go.

Tirion could be it because he well, something tells me he could do some craazy motion grab for the frostmourne.
Bolvar makes me think that in the fight he would by a mysterious way save the Raid party and grabs the Frostmourne, seeing as he is being tortured so he has a way of appearing. (wait a minute they could both do this anyway)

Maybe it could be Kael'thas, I mean he has these set backs alot, wouldn't be a wonder!
No wait no, the Blood Elfs hate the Scourge...well would have been funny.
One problem with this. Frostmourne is most likely going to be destroyed.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Sonata wrote:Maybe it could be Kael'thas
MAGISTER'S TERRACE WAS MERELY A SET BACK!

Mustafah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU

Unread post by Mustafah »

I dont think someone will be the next Lich King, thats for sure Horde and Alliance and the other factions(Kirin Tor, Knights of the Ebon Blade, Argent Crusade, etc) will start fight over northrend. If that won't happen i say Morgaine will be the next Lich King

Lots of thanks for TygerDarkstorm for the awesome sig!! =D

Mustafah wrote:Playable Pandaren with racial camel mount!!!
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

The thing is, in Halls of Reflection, that Uther says that if they don't appoint a new lich king the Scourge will run rampant trough Azeroth, destroying it. And that someone will have to make that incredibly noble sacrifice.

Anansi
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Anansi »

Well, Arthas will be killed, this we know, but Arthas is the physical body of the Lich King, the spirit is Ner'zhul merged with Arthas' own. It could very well be that we just kill the body, and the spirit is imprisoned again within the Frozen Throne.

If it's true that there must always be a Lich King to control the Scourge, then the fused spirit of Ner'zhul and Arthas may, while imprisoned, retain that control. The Scourge had not yet destroyed Azeroth before Arthas freed Ner'zhul, so I somewhat doubt the claim that it is the last vestiges of humanity from Arthas that keep the Scourge in check, rather I think that is just an optimistic "Arthas is still, in some way, noble" sentiment on Tirion's part.

So, personally, I don't think there will be a sacrificial lamb so to speak to become the next Lich King, but that history will repeat itself at some point in the future where the frozen spirit of the Lich King lures another to it's will.
Vespias
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Vespias »

Thinking that Thrall will be the next Litch...no real reason why other than what could be a more fitting reason for him to give leadership of the Horde away. Or perhaps the next will be a dual king...like Thrall and Bolvar.

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Vespias wrote:Thinking that Thrall will be the next Litch...
I had'nt even considered this. It makes sense, in a way. I really doubt Thrall wants Garrosh to lead the Horde, it's even been said that he will kick all non-Orcs and non-Tauren out of Orgrimmar. THis would break up the Horde, leaving the Alliance with an easy victory. I mean, I would'nt like it if I was kicked out from my hometown just so the "stronger" Orcs can live there. And I very much doubt I'd risk my life fighting in wars to save the person whi kicked me out. So yeah, I doubt very much that this will improve Troll, Elf and Goblin relations with the rest of the Horde.

It would leave some problems on the Alliance side tough, since Blizz can't split the encounter, with one way for the events to transpire for the Horde, and another for the Alliance.

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I just hope its not Thrall. I love Thrall and having my main as alliance that's really saying something. They haven't explained yet how his moronic apprentice takes over and they did say they'd need a noble soul, but thankfully this theory is a little fetched. I hope lol
Sonata
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill, Bloodhoof.

Unread post by Sonata »

Not should not be Thrall, I deny if it happens....Thrall is my warchief!

I'm sticking with Bolvar, with a little Mograine and Tirion on the side. Hey what if Saurfang would become the Lich King? If you twist it makes sense, the Lich King took something from him...but I think he isn't that big of a fool to do it.
Oh and Kael'thas, I swear he will become the Lich King by a loop hole in the story!

Am I the only one who finds it odd that all of the candidates are humans?

"I'm in SPAAAAACE"