The Insane

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

The Insane

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Has anybody tried to get The Insane title/achievement? Or even been lucky with it?

I've wanted it for a while, but I don't think I have the patience for it, haha. It always has been one of my goals to get to Exalted with Ravenholdt on my rogue...so far after all my hard work I've gotten prettymuch nowhere. :(

Anyone else, though?

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Kastarakovski
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Icecrown, Ysera, Nesingwary

Re: The Insane

Unread post by Kastarakovski »

I have a friend of mine on Saurfang, J, who recently accomplished this title.

I, amongst others in guild (on Lazona), helped him grind the insane amount of reputation, Dire Maul Runs, Herbs for Inscription for the Darkmoon Faire Cards and when all was said and done, we promised to never speak of the cost nor of the grind ever again XD!

After watching him go through the crazy amount of hell he went through to accomplish this feat, it turned me off trying it out for myself. I do recommend gathering a good group of friends together to help whittle the time away, because attempting it solo will drive you insane before the title touches your character's head...

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

I know someone who was going to attempt this a few months back. Not with that guild anymore so I don't know if he did.

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Most of my friends call me insane, and yes, I did attempt to get that title. I gave up after a while tough. :D

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Dulanie
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Blackhand

Unread post by Dulanie »

most of it seems fairly simple but how do you mange the bloodsail rep and the BB/Gadget rep? that has to be very hard of nearly immpossible to do.
We don't die. We multiply.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

You get the Bloodsail rep first, by killing guards in BB. That, of course loses you rep with BB. Which you get back by spillovers from Gadgetzan.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)

Unread post by Chrizesu »

A guy who used to be one of my friends got it.

Seriously though, the guy had no life. He even played WoW at work. At Work.

Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Dulanie wrote:most of it seems fairly simple but how do you mange the bloodsail rep and the BB/Gadget rep? that has to be very hard of nearly immpossible to do.
There's a quest in Feralas that's repeatable, that gives you rep with the gobo towns. You can even do it when hated with them I believe.

Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

A little while back, I saw a ton of discussion about this and some really great guides on wow_ladies (check under tags like rep grinding and achievements). Mind you, I don't know if those posts are locked (which means you have to have a livejournal account and at least be watching the community to see them).

Edited for spelling fail.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Dragonpuff
Haiku Master
Realm: Duskwood (US)
Location: On an undisclosed island that is being shredded by giant boss fights

Unread post by Dragonpuff »

I'm actually working myself up to start this achievement. I've almost got my rogue to the level she need to be to get me the Ravenholdt rep boxes... >:D

Taz'dingu of the Petopians Guild, Nesingwary Server

Here there be Dragons (and Eggs)

Ketchaeatcha
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Ketchaeatcha »

most of it seems fairly simple but how do you mange the bloodsail rep and the BB/Gadget rep? that has to be very hard of nearly immpossible to do.
Dere be 2.5 ways to do dis... First get de bloodsail fame as high as ya can by killing de bruisers in booty bay

Den:
1) Kill de bloodsail outside ratchet or in tanaris
and/or
2) Rescue de Goblin in Dire Maul North
perhaps
2.5) If ya got de Bloodsail rep as high as ya ken den you can turn in some cloth outside de cities without losing de bloodsail honored

Now ya can't raise Bloodsail above honored except for two ways... one is to save de quests dey have in de ships until de bruisers stop giving ya rep, second dere is a goblin in de badlands that will get you all de way to epic wit dem... bit he one goblin on a long timer so dat would take forever
"Allzu klug ist dumm" (Too clever is stupid)
~German Proverb