Arthas Mount (Gah)

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Arthas Mount (Gah)

Unread post by Arwyn »

If you haven't been to the main site Blizz but up info on Artha's Mount Invincible.

An insanely good looking mount from the animation it looks like they tweaked the hippogryph model to create Invincble.
Of course getting it won't be easy. You'll have to kill Arthas and even then the drop rate for it will probably be insanely low.

So do you think Blizz will find away to use Invincible's design in Cata for other uses. Or will people just have to grit their teeth and prepare to slaughter the Lich King for who knows how long to get this good looking mount.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Arthas Mount (Gah)

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hmm, I guess it's pretty nice, but overall I'm happy to say I don't feel any strong urges to own one - which is a good thing considering I probably won't see the Arthas battle for a long time. xD

The anatomy looks really strange, and I don't like the gold accents.
Kamalia
Realm: Kael'Thas, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kamalia »

I find the fact that Arthas rides a magical undead pegasus highly questionable...

All joking aside, that is one amazing mount. It would be nice if other skins were made and received from other sources in Cata. I doubt it though - Ashes of Al'ar is still a very hard to obtain (But absolutely beautiful!) mount, and I'm sure that Invincible will be the same way.

Chibi-Jen signature done by Sat, all other sigs and avatar done by me.

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I have a feeling it'll only drop in heroic. >.< Even then the drop rate will still be insanely low. However, he is beautiful and I adore the story behind Invincible too.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Kamalia wrote:I find the fact that Arthas rides a magical undead pegasus highly questionable...
Yeah I kinda wondered about that myself...but at least it's an UNDEAD pegasus, instead of a...not undead one. I mean that would be even more questionable, haha.

I would totally love this mount, but as I do not raid this is 100% not going to happen, so I'm not getting my hopes up XD I will, however, jump at the chance of getting a different skin/version of one!

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

from what i can peice together this mount will function alot like the mimirons head mount obtained from killing yogg with no keepers....so it will always drop but only 1 per kill.
Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Fizzcrank US

Unread post by Skyshot »

I have a bad feeling that Invincible will be to Wrath what Ashes of Alar was to BC. :[ Just a hunch that I hope is wrong.
Who knows, maybe they'll be about as rare as blue/black drakes are right now. (Still pretty darn rare but not so much so that you'll only see one once a year..)

<My whelps - My Dragons>
"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept."
-Calvin and Hobbes

Sonata
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill, Bloodhoof.

Unread post by Sonata »

I'd love to own this vampiric-pegasus-demon-undead-horse!...Well it's undead, looks vampiric and demonic but still a flying horse!
Leaning also to the Ashes of Alar of Wrath of the Lich king, and we might not see it much around unless in a machinima video...didn't know the song called Invincible was the horses name also. ( I saw Ashes of Alar last time back in BC, never saw it again)

"I'm in SPAAAAACE"

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Sonata wrote:looks vampiric and demonic
Big fangs =/= Vampiric.

Spiky and evil =/= demonic.

That is all.

Oh and on topic. Yeah, it looks ok, if it dropped I would roll, but I'm not gonna grind up with a group just to go get it.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Yeah... I was watching someone of Beta or something like that flying about on Invincible. I dunno.. The way he flies is just, silly. His hooves must not be attached right, because they swing way up and way down as he flies. Rubbery.
And there's an animation glitch when he lands, wings don't look right at all.
I would roll on him, for sure. But I don't do raids, let alone ICC, so I'll let those who like him get him. *shrug*

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

You have to kill Arthas in the heroic 25 man version of the encounter and then the mount will drop, on every kill done that way. I don't expect to ever see it as my Guild just can't do all of the heroic version fights.
Mustafah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU

Unread post by Mustafah »

Nice mount i must say, i didn't really liked it.(Horse with wings?!) i hoped for a Frost Wyrm as Arthas'es mount, they look much better.

Lots of thanks for TygerDarkstorm for the awesome sig!! =D

Mustafah wrote:Playable Pandaren with racial camel mount!!!
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I think the only way for you to get a frostwyrm is as an arena reward. Which sucks, because I really don't get that PvP thing. (Player vs. Pillar)

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Nightmare452
Realm: Anetheron

Unread post by Nightmare452 »

It should of been a frost-wyrm not a stupid horse, dragons are so much better. I would still roll on it though since it's going to be a badge of honor.
The story of Invincible is cool. The story of Arthas and his horse isn't. I read the book and never wanted to put someone out of their misery more. (Whiny Q.Qing b*tch /glare )
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I think the mount is awesome. Arthas was a Paladin so he'd have to have had a Paladin's charger. It's much better and more unique than a frostwyrm would have been. I don't think it's fair that it only drops from the heroic version of the encounter though.

My DK does not use the DK flying mount because I think it's ugly and there's no way something like that could even fly with no skin on it's "wings". He uses the Ebon Gryphon at the present time.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Uh...

Frost wyrms are the reward for the Glory of ICC achievement. ^_^

Enjoy. :P

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

AH SWEET!

I always wanted a Frost Wyrm, and now I can get one without going near the arenas.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

You know, I saw that and automatically said to myself "My God, an armored Thestral"... and then i grinned, but prolly won't ever get it...

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

technically sindragosa is his mount also so yea he does use a frostwyrm.....but its a little to big to be a player mount
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I don't envision ever having a frostwyrm since my Guild is not good at the heroic versions of things. I don't have a single piece of gear that says Heroic on it.