all the raider ladies?

kairii
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: EU-Arathor

all the raider ladies?

Unread post by kairii »

new random oddness from a nab :D

to all female raiders! do you find yourself a lil ... mis-treated? like trying to help and getting ignored just to have a guy say what you said 5 mins later?

ive noticed it alot and now my guild wants me to lead raids due to my nab brain only remember tacts -.-
but no one ever listens to me :s i know sometimes [NOT ALL THE TIME] guys dont like it when girls are better :s

i was just wondering if anyone else had been though this and knew a good way to over come it?
im a officer so i dont know why i get treated like a trial :s

A huge thanks to kamoodle5 for the amazing signature

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Re: all the raider ladies?

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Well I've never been in raids, but in some instances and even just hanging around people often don't think I'm a girl. Granted, my main char is a male BE which probably adds to the confusion, but people seemed shocked regardless when I tell them I'm female, not male.

Can't say it's really affected my play style or ability to get involved/volunteer info, though.

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hmm, I'm not a hardcore raider, but I've certainly raided before and I've never encountered issues due to being a girl. The most I get is a shocked 'OMG GURL!' but even that's rare. There's quite a few girls in my guild so it's all normal. :)
kairii
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by kairii »

only 3 in mine
no offence guys your good but look up tacts im sitting in /o telling them what to say ... and they did get it wrong once or twice :s like officers listen just some members dont >.<

and hardcore o.o neveh! rather slack on photoshop xD

Kalasha
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Karazhan, Terenas

Unread post by Kalasha »

Hehe I raid quite a lot, and tbh i wouldnt be surprised if it s basic half-assed engagement then anything else.

We have male and female raid leaders, and I ve never noticed a difference between the times people mess up based on who is leading.

It's like when you put 10 ppl together 2 wil be morons who cant follow basic instructions, and with 25 you'll have 4 or 5 who dont pay attention.

But that's a basic aspect of humanity, not sexism :D

Offcourse, if some bonehead caveman says something along the lines of: "You girl, you stupid! I no follow orders from stupid girls!" then by all means whisper "want me to send you picture of my boobs?" then /kick them.

If he's actually stupid enough to whisper "So when do I get to see that picture?" after that, /gkick, delete his account and delete his very existence ;)
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I left hardcore raiding a while ago. In one guild was I treated badly in the first raid. I was apparently put -last- on the loot list since I was a girl, despite the fact I topped the damage meters and did much better then 90% of the people in that raid. There was a couple who said I did excellent and didn't judge me for being a girl. However the raid leaders, three guys, said I guess less because I was a girl. Now I don't want to be given special attention. I just want to be treated like everyone else.

Well, the two guys who said I was good, attempted to argue in my favor and got kicked. I simply said to them in vent... "No wonder you three can't get girlfriends..." I promptly gquit after that. Myself and two guys found another raiding guild who didn't care if I was a girl. So long as I did my part.

That was my only real case of 'sexism' in this game... If you want to call it that. X) I think it's just stupidity.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)

Unread post by Chrizesu »

I'm treated awesome like in my raiding guild. I don't get any special privilege because I'm a girl yet most of my guild loves me. There are a few guys on the server who have some issues with me, but that's mostly attributed to the fact that as a women I kick their butts in skill.

I think it comes down to finding a guild that fits you.

Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I've discovered that if they actually hear your voice, like in Vent, your words tend to matter less. But as long as I'm quiet, they listen. Odd really, but whatcha' gonna' do?

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Aweena »

yup had the same issues in one guild i was in lukily im in a good one now were evryone matters

and casual is the way now i enjoy wow again after this

besides my exsperience is if you demand to be listned to you get the bitch titel rather fast

If love is an illusion to hell with reality

Sonata
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill, Bloodhoof.

Unread post by Sonata »

I don't raid much. (I wish I did)

But in my guild I was treated pretty nicely, but my guild was pretty easy going. There were about total of two other girls besides me who were online rarely.
They asked me some questions now and then, relating in how to make their girlfriends feel better. (Also they told me that I always was a good listener)

The guild leader was very fond me atleast, saying that he feels really secure to try anything if I was the healer. He actualy builted me my weapon I hold currently, as a return gift I made him a Mammoth mining bag, he was very happy about it.
But this guild broke apart, I don't know why to be honest.

So far I haven't been treated differently because I was a girl that much. But I do know that if you play with a male toon, you are mostly refered to as a he, with female toons it's the opposite but usualy because most players are male you are still considered a he.

"I'm in SPAAAAACE"

kairii
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by kairii »

its not that i get treated badly as i have turned around and just shouted 'STFU OK!?'
i dont have a b**ch title yet
i think im at smartass phase with them since i turned around and just yelled 'ffs you noob we need 3 healers'
yeah shouldnt shout that at my boyfriend but it was funny xD
ive talked to them a little today saying i feel like quitting when they ask for my help then ignore it :s but most have learnt and now offer to help me out since it seems i do to much o.O

bah im over thinking again though i think on pvp realms it is heavy male players D:
i was on a normal realm last night and i got a few 'omg gurrrl' comments but they soon got over it :s
i must admit its only since we took on a few new memebers that it started but i think we kicked most of them xD
and with only 3 girls in the guild i do let them go with one or two comments like talking about things girls just dont wanna know about >.<

but i finally got back in contorl of rectuiments /dance
hopefully ill finally get to see a active hunter in my guild ... srsly i must be only one hunter who wants more hunters o.O

any EU'ers feel like a realm change? xD

Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

kairii wrote:its not that i get treated badly as i have turned around and just shouted 'STFU OK!?'
i dont have a b**ch title yet
i think im at smartass phase with them since i turned around and just yelled 'ffs you noob we need 3 healers'
yeah shouldnt shout that at my boyfriend but it was funny xD
ive talked to them a little today saying i feel like quitting when they ask for my help then ignore it :s but most have learnt and now offer to help me out since it seems i do to much o.O

bah im over thinking again though i think on pvp realms it is heavy male players D:
i was on a normal realm last night and i got a few 'omg gurrrl' comments but they soon got over it :s
i must admit its only since we took on a few new memebers that it started but i think we kicked most of them xD
and with only 3 girls in the guild i do let them go with one or two comments like talking about things girls just dont wanna know about >.<

but i finally got back in contorl of rectuiments /dance
hopefully ill finally get to see a active hunter in my guild ... srsly i must be only one hunter who wants more hunters o.O

any EU'ers feel like a realm change? xD
Heh, maybe you should think about trying US realms.

On my server it's actually pretty open minded with a good amount of female players. You'd like it here.

kairii
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by kairii »

but i r britttttttish wouldnt i like SUPERomega lag?
more then i do now :<

and wont be able to hide in the back!

bah idk ive been spamming my guild site to get this sorted cas its really getting to more peoples

bah you gotta love the 'core' memebers :D

Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

kairii wrote:but i r britttttttish wouldnt i like SUPERomega lag?
more then i do now :<

and wont be able to hide in the back!

bah idk ive been spamming my guild site to get this sorted cas its really getting to more peoples

bah you gotta love the 'core' memebers :D
Heh, you don't realize how many foreign people play on my server. My favorites are the Australians.

It was worth a try anyway. I want more people on my server, but many are leaving for servers with more 'hard core' guilds. Poor ol' Sisters of Elune is a dying server.

Sonata
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill, Bloodhoof.

Unread post by Sonata »

>_> in most cases boys will be boys. I know that younger they are the more mean they tend to be.

Might also be the realm, every realm has it's jerks but if it's the whole guild you should talk to them about it or find a new guild, don't stay in the guild if it doens't feel comfortable.

"I'm in SPAAAAACE"

kairii
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by kairii »

well auchindoun is PvP
bah ill get my arena rating up at new season cas we all knwo what that means *cough cough* xD
though i do like it there just all our newish members havent learnt their place like trials looting a chest when we have ML on and not moving for 30 mins xD

ahh good times:')

Artume
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Wildhammer EU

Unread post by Artume »

I've never had the time available for raiding, but I was GM of a social guild for most of TBC. Rather, my Druid was.

We started out as a mature guild, but eventually ended up with a clique of youngish lads. I went from being just one of the players to "Den Mother" (I was really called that) and got to experience all the joys of parenting: breaking up fights, admonishing people for behaviour, and ultimately being rebelled against.

I did get the odd case of one or two not liking to take directions from me and deferring to one of the male Officers, but generally speaking, I think they just didn't like authority in general. I chalked it up to an age thing, more so than a sex thing. ;)

(If anyone needs closure to this boring story, one of the worst lured the rest into his own newly created guild, which fell at the first hurdle. They couldn't get anyone else to join them for more than a few days.)
kairii
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by kairii »

age wise i think im the youngest :s the avarage age for me is 25-30

i think one lad is 19 :s .. think i know i should know this since i deal with applies >.<
but the ones around 30 listen :s though my GM whos never online anymore i think is 27 he only listens when i mention yoggy xD

Dulanie
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Blackhand

Unread post by Dulanie »

Although my hunter is female I am a guy irl, and I appologize for posting in a "All girls" thread, but I thought my 2 cents would be constructive.

First off if I don't know the gender of someone irl I refer to them as s/he based on the gender of their toon.
2ndly if your advice is sound cool if not I reply with "Dude wtf is wrong you n00b? Go get a GF, and grow up!" I reply like that mainly because most of the idiots have a y chromosome.
I am a believer in the philosophy that age has nothing to do with being a man. It's how you act not the amount of hair on your chest. Yes this has gotten me in fights, especially since I'm only 5 feet 4 inches tall/1.65 meters and wiegh 120 lbs/54.43 kg, have hair that goes to the small of my back, and am a pagan that worships a goddess.

....... :oops: I forgot what there rest of what I was going to say was. >.< Oh well.......BLESSED BE!!! :headbang:
We don't die. We multiply.
Kalasha
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Karazhan, Terenas

Unread post by Kalasha »

Hehe Dulanie, I dont recall anyone saying this was an all-girl thread... Lemmecheck my pants... hmm, yup still a guy.

Consideriing that this in a way a thread about sexism in wow, it would be weird if males couldn't give their views as well as the ladies.

I learned long ago that there is nothing a girl can't do that a man can do, or vice versa. Offcourse when I say this among other people there will allways be a smartass (usually a guy, sometimes a woman) that says: but men can't have babies. I usually stare at them for a few seconds and say something along the lines of: "Men have babies all the time, they just don't carry them to term"

Or when folks say men are stronger... well my dad deserted our family when I was 9 years old and left my mom to take care of me and my 2 older brothers. Whilst he was chasing tail on sunny beaches, my mom went back to college at age 39 to get a diploma so she could support us. I know who is the stronger one between the two of them, and it isnt the man.

That doesnt make me a feminist, and it doesnt mean I think women are better than men. I do know however that people who claim they are better then someone else should stop talking about it and prove it already. Same rules that apply in the real world apply in WOW. Stop yapping about how good you are and get the damn job done.

Heh, I actually got a little angry whilst typing this, so I ll stop ranting now ;)