Macro's

Falconer
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Garrosh

Macro's

Unread post by Falconer »

So Im basically a noob with a little experience (lvl 47 hunter +3 other low lvl toons), but Im learning new things everyday. Im wondering what usefull macros people are using. I have none as of yet, but am ready to set some up. Im BM spec'd right now, so no aimed shot. :?

Saturo

Re: Macro's

Unread post by Saturo »

For Feign Death:

Code: Select all

/stopcasting
/cast Feign Death
/e Clasps her throat, and throws herself at the ground, faking her demise.
Basically, the /stopcasting is to abort any spell you're casting, and then just Feign Death. This has saved me many times. The /e is just for fun, but it alerts others to your aggro problem.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Falconer
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Saturo wrote:For Feign Death:

/stopcasting
/cast Feign Death
Basically, the /stopcasting is to abort any spell you're casting, and then just Feign Death. This has saved me many times. The /e is just for fun, but it alerts others to your aggro problem.
Thats a good one, but what about your pet. Sometimes when Ive feigned death, I have to sit their and watch my pet die if they cant handle it. :( I guess you could code it to dismiss them first, but that would take longer.

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

This macro is to avoid deaths in raids, and frankly, your pet shouldn't be having aggro in raids, even if you're bm. It's just a quick lifesaver if Lanathel decides to beat you instead of that guy with the shield.

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Falconer wrote:
Saturo wrote:For Feign Death:

/stopcasting
/cast Feign Death
Thats a good one, but what about your pet. Sometimes when Ive feigned death, I have to sit their and watch my pet die if they cant handle it. :( I guess you could code it to dismiss them first, but that would take longer.

I know what you mean, but you can sorta work around that if you try. If I'm in over my head, I Feign Death and drop aggro onto my pet. He can usually handle it for a little while. I usually then jump up and run for it while my pet distracts them, sometimes using Cheetah if there are no other mobs on your escape route. If you get far enough away, your pet despawns and doesn't die. Even if he does die, you're far enough away that the mobs can't catch up to you before they stop trying.

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

I am using 2 macros right now.
One very simple and one very useful.

/cast hunter's mark
/petattack
This just casts your hunter's mark on the mob and sends your pet to attack at the same time. Probably not so very good idea in instances or raids, unless you wait for the tank to attack before you start.

#showtooltip
/showicon misdirection
/target focus
/cast misdirection
/targetlasttarget
This is my favorite and it's so useful. When soloing, you put focus on your pet, in instances you put focus on your MT. When this is not on CD, use it! it will just cast misdirection on your pet or tank (whatever you have in focus) and shovel over some of your aggro to where it belongs. The good part about that is, you can use it in combat, as it switches targets so fast, you won't even notice it did. So you cast misdirection without switching target. Whoohoo! :headbang:
Dragonpuff
Haiku Master
Realm: Duskwood (US)
Location: On an undisclosed island that is being shredded by giant boss fights

Unread post by Dragonpuff »

One of my current favorites:

/cast [harm] Hunter's Mark; [@focus,help,nodead][help][@pet] Misdirection 
If I am targeting an enemy, it tosses on Hunters Mark.
If I'm not targeting anything, it puts Misdirection on what I have set as focus.
If I have no focus, and have targeted a friendly player, they get Misdirection.
If I have no focus and no target, Misdirection on my pet.
:D

It helps me in my dungeons/raids quite a bit.

Taz'dingu of the Petopians Guild, Nesingwary Server

Here there be Dragons (and Eggs)

Falconer
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Those are great, but it sucks that misdirection is lvl 70

Dragonpuff
Haiku Master
Realm: Duskwood (US)
Location: On an undisclosed island that is being shredded by giant boss fights

Unread post by Dragonpuff »

....LOL Totally didn't even think of that. :D

I don't use many other macros personally, as I can manage most of what I want to do by myself. I do know some Hunter's like to macro Hunter's Mark and Kill Command into every other shot they have though. If you want to brave the WoW forums, I've found the macro boards generally have helpful people/threads. I think there are a couple good Hunter ones there...

Taz'dingu of the Petopians Guild, Nesingwary Server

Here there be Dragons (and Eggs)

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

This is a rather good list, but some might be outdated, so try them solo before trying to raid with them.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Useful_macros_for_hunters

Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Dragonpuff wrote:I do know some Hunter's like to macro Hunter's Mark and Kill Command into every other shot they have though.
I don't have HM in my macros since it triggers the gcd, but according to some theorycrafting you don't gain or loose anything by having all your massive dps cooldowns in a special button for special times versus triggering them whenever they're off cd. This is what I have for all my shots:

#showtooltip Kill Shot
/cast Rapid Fire
/cast [@pettarget,exists] Kill Command
/use 13
/use 14
/cast Kill Shot
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
"/use 13" and "/use 14" refers to the two trinket slots, so they're not necessary to add if your trinkets don't have a use. If you're an engineer with the haste enchant to your gloves, you add "/use 10". It triggers all your major boosts as they come off cooldown without interfering with your gcd.

Other than that, I have a few space saving macros.
For aspects, I use:

#showtooltip Aspect of the Dragonhawk
/cast Aspect of the Dragonhawk
/cast Aspect of the Viper
and

#showtooltip Aspect of the Cheetah
/cast Aspect of the Cheetah
/cast Aspect of the Pack
With key bindings I just slam whatever key when my mana is low/full and it's quick to toggle between party and self-speed boost.

I haven't gotten to use this one yet, but I would have loved to have it on Gluth when I was on kiting duty and wanted to stop his enrages:

#showtooltip Tranquilizing Shot
/cast [@mouseover, harm][harm] Tranquilizing Shot

No need to switch targets, just face him, mouse over, and tranq.

There's some talk recently about how pets "delay" on their attacks. They have the focus, but they don't use their skills right away. A fix to that is to add the following lines to your shots: (Please note that I haven't tested this yet.)

/cast [special attack]
/use [@pettarget,harm,exists] [focus dump]
For a wolf, then, it would look like this:

/cast Furious Howl
/use [@pettarget,harm,exists] Bite
If you have multiple pets you use on a regular basis, you can specify that:

/cast [pet:wolf] Furious Howl, [pet:cat] Rake
(I'm not sure if you have to use the pet family name or given name...)

If you have all your cooldowns in your shots and add your pets skills, then, your shot macro would look as follows (with a wolf):

#showtooltip Kill Shot
/cast Rapid Fire
/cast [@pettarget,exists] Kill Command
/use 10
/use 13
/use 14
/cast Furious Howl
/use [@pettarget,harm,exists] Bite
/cast Kill Shot
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
Edit: I have no clue whatsoever about what levels you get the different skills at, so you'd obviously have to add the skills in as you get them. Clearly, this is for a level 80 hunter, but you know, it's entirely modifiable for any level. Also, I'm not raiding on my hunter, but after creating these macros I've seen my performance go up in 5-mans. Less micro management, more time to worry about not standing in fire/poison/goop on the floor. :)

Edit 2: You mentioned Aimed Shot, so I'm guessing you were wondering if there were any macros that queued up shots? The days of macros with multiple shot types in them are long gone, we manually weave our shots now. These macros also make it easier to do so, as you just focus on shot weaving.

And I totally missed the part about being BM. You'd obviously want to add

/cast Bestial Wrath

in there.

Final note (I think...): This type of macro generates a shitton of front-end damage and threat (seriously, when I first start unloading, I hit 7k dps where my average over the fight is ~3.4-4.5k). If you start with misdirect, your tank will love you forever. <3

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3