Argh! Beast mastery deserves a passive enrage

swimgremlin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormreaver

Argh! Beast mastery deserves a passive enrage

Unread post by swimgremlin »

In pvp, players are getting familiar with beast master hunters and dispatching pets quickly. As any BM hunter knows, no pet=death.

I propose a second enrage that activates after a pet goes down passing the pets stats temporarily to the hunter. It's just a thought though.
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Re: Argh! Beast mastery deserves a passive enrage

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

That would make sense. It'd give the hunter an escape route or at least a way to defend themselves for a little bit. Plus, I imagine that any Beast Mastery hunter would be pissed if their pet were killed, so it'd make sense story-wise :)

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)

Unread post by Chrizesu »

They really need to buff pets. Seriously, hunter pets aren't like other class pets, they are essential to the hunter.

Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hmm, I like this idea and it seems very fitting for a BM hunter. :)
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Weren't pets supposed to get 100% of their masters Resil in PvP? >_> Cause I still no difference to my pet dying in pvp. Whether I'm BM or Surv. XP

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

They do, but the pet does'nt have a lot of HP to start with, meaning that even with Resi they die quickly.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I'd say that's a pet management issue then.

With the faster pet res available to you as BM, you do get more options compared to a non-BM hunter, who is generally stuck without a pet at that point.

What kind of pets are you using that they're still dying quickly? Are you putting out enough damage to kill your opponent(s) before BW wears off? What are you doing in the meantime if they don't die?

Also, how much resil are we talking about here?

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

The whole "enrage on pet death" thing has been brought up often, and every time, Blizzard has said it's not the direction they want to take hunters in - because that would reward hunters for deliberately killing their pets.

Yes, warlocks get buffs for saccing pets...but they're warlocks. Their demons are "minions" on their tooltips, not pets.

Hunters have a different flavor than warlocks, and their pets are calculated into their estimated total DPS. Beast Mastery may need a little help to catch up with the other two specs, both in PvE and PvP - but I don't think that's the way they're going to do it. The full pet scaling they've been talking about doing in Cataclysm might address the problem, or there may be something new given us in the revamped talent trees that will do it. We'll just have to wait and see.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Sacrifice Minion was removed quite some time ago.

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Vephriel

Tahlian wrote:The whole "enrage on pet death" thing has been brought up often, and every time, Blizzard has said it's not the direction they want to take hunters in - because that would reward hunters for deliberately killing their pets.
You know, this never really occurred to me. I suppose that I was only thinking along the lines of "I love my pet and would be enraged for him to die." Of course there's always the people that would just exploit such a thing, and sadly Blizzard's right. :(
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Saturo wrote:Sacrifice Minion was removed quite some time ago.
Yeah, it was never really used. And if it was, Blizz didn't like it as part of the warlock class OMG RANDOM NOSEBLEEDING WTH *flails around, blood everywhere, goes to get tissues*

...and now back to our regularly scheduled forum.

Kalliope

Ryno wrote:
Saturo wrote:Sacrifice Minion was removed quite some time ago.
Yeah, it was never really used. And if it was, Blizz didn't like it as part of the warlock class OMG RANDOM NOSEBLEEDING WTH *flails around, blood everywhere, goes to get tissues*

...and now back to our regularly scheduled forum.
They kinda gave the ability to DKs instead.

But it makes sense to kill one's UNDEAD minion rather than a demonic one. Ghoul pets are the only ones that don't keep their name/personality/whatever.

YouTube Edition

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

Although...because of that little quirk with death knight ghouls, there has been some rather fun RP spawned with some of the death knights I know. One in my raid has named his ghoul "Clemens." No matter what name it has when it gets summoned, the ghoul is always referred to as "Clemens." It's now become habit for the whole raid to refer to said ghoul in this way...and Clemens is always happy to take the blame when we wipe. He's so patient and understanding that way, that Clemens. :lol:

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Vephriel

Aw, I still wish that Unholy DK's were able to go out and 'tame' an undead of their choosing. :3 I'd be all over that class then. xD
Khishay
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: US Trollbane

Unread post by Khishay »

DK taming pets!!! Gargoyle anyone?

I think pets really do need to be buffed substantially.

I'm not great at hunter pvp, but I'm not horrible. I'm pretty sure a BM hunter can be killed with their pet alive, I believe it can be readily done! We already have to micromanage them in PvP, and make sure they're attacking what they need to. Making pets more difficult to kill would help the Hunter focus on killing/strategy more than "omg where'd my pet go?" or /spam mend pet

Then there's that fine line, where if a pet is unkillable = sending pet into the masses and letting it do all the work. I bet this isn't a simple buff this nerf that solution, it may be one of those issues the Hunter change to focus or whatever it is will solve.

Well... This is based on a Hunter who thinks that any class that can kill her should be nerfed :twisted:

My Dragon Cave...

Thanks so much to Ket Shi for the signature!

Kalliope

Khishay wrote:I'm not great at hunter pvp, but I'm not horrible. I'm pretty sure a BM hunter can be killed with their pet alive, I believe it can be readily done!
Indeed they can, and often are. Hunters tend to get focused down, since they're a MAJOR danger to healers if they're not contained/killed immediately. BM can't really be contained with BW up, so they get blown up hardcore quite often.
Khishay wrote:We already have to micromanage them in PvP, and make sure they're attacking what they need to. Making pets more difficult to kill would help the Hunter focus on killing/strategy more than "omg where'd my pet go?" or /spam mend pet
Depending on what you're up against, pets are NOT as easy to kill as all that. If there's a geared ret paladin chewing through your pet in 2-3 hits, this is NORMAL, because they're decked out. Geared hunters can tear people up pretty damned hard as well - and those are players, not pets - so it's all your perspective.
Khishay wrote:Then there's that fine line, where if a pet is unkillable = sending pet into the masses and letting it do all the work. I bet this isn't a simple buff this nerf that solution, it may be one of those issues the Hunter change to focus or whatever it is will solve.
That's pretty much the problem. When you're a healer and you have a MASSIVE RED PET EATING YOUR FACE that you can't do anything about because its hunter is tearing through all your defenses several thousand hp at a time, you're inclined to say that pets are too hard to kill and are too powerful.

It's all very gear-dependent and what classes you're going up against. Warriors are pretty much bs, regardless of whose face they're eating at the moment.

YouTube Edition

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Aye, I agree.

Also, when you mentioned PvP I could'nt help but think of this:
http://pc.gamespy.com/flintlockes-guide ... daily=true

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Vephriel wrote:Aw, I still wish that Unholy DK's were able to go out and 'tame' an undead of their choosing. :3 I'd be all over that class then. xD
I'd play DK main after that probably. Just... so... awesome.
http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=25451
GIMME!! PLEEEEASE!!

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Aye, I posted about those guys in the "want a pet" thread.

THEY ARE SO AWESOME!