Saronite Bomb "glitch" fixed on lich king fight

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Re: Saronite Bomb "glitch" fixed on lich king fight

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Well...it seems a bit harsh still, to ban for 72 hours. And it kinda sucks that another guild got to it first. I mean, if the fight wasn't beta-tested...

Though I'm a bit shocked at the reactions on the Ensidia site. Some of them are just taking it WAY over the top with the complaining and the blogs, and the responses are over the top too. It's just a game guys. Yeah, Blizz should get their act together, and yeah, maybe Ensidia took advantage of a glitch. But geez, people, get over it. It is just a game.

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

VelkynKarma wrote:Well...it seems a bit harsh still, to ban for 72 hours. And it kinda sucks that another guild got to it first. I mean, if the fight wasn't beta-tested...

Though I'm a bit shocked at the reactions on the Ensidia site. Some of them are just taking it WAY over the top with the complaining and the blogs, and the responses are over the top too. It's just a game guys. Yeah, Blizz should get their act together, and yeah, maybe Ensidia took advantage of a glitch. But geez, people, get over it. It is just a game.

~VelkynKarma
This. While I agree the ban was over the top there, it is just a game. It's not the end of the world because they lost the world first kill... Then again a lot of those raiding guilds take it seriously. Thus why I no longer hardcore raid anymore. >.<

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Outdps has a post about it, where he started out in Ensidia's favour but seems to be swayed by the commenters...

I particularly find this to be a really valid argument:
It is easy to hear Ensidia’s side, especially muqq’s angry response, and judge that Blizzard did something wrong.

However, remember that we do not have the entire picture. I seriously doubt Blizzard decided to ban one of the most famous guilds in the world as an afterthought. It is quite possible Ensidia are not as innocent as they claim to be.

Blizzard makes mistakes. Maybe the Ensidia ban was a mistake… But maybe Blizzard has enough evidence to warrant such a move. Although muqq has several viable points in his post, it is quite possible that Ensidia knowingly cheated.
I really don't know, I guess the GMs were watching the fights intently, and there's rumours going around that the fraps is being edited for some RWs about "keep doing what you just did!" and such. It's true, we really don't have the whole picture (and Ensidia has been known to use... "questionable" strats before). *retracts her initial statement about Blizzard's decision*

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Regardless, stripping them of their achievs and such is'nt the right way to go. Blizzard is making it out that the Players are doing wrong, when in reality they released the encounter bugged. They could easily have checked this before, IMO.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Saturo wrote:Regardless, stripping them of their achievs and such is'nt the right way to go. Blizzard is making it out that the Players are doing wrong, when in reality they released the encounter bugged. They could easily have checked this before, IMO.
Yah but at the same time they can't fix or know of every little bug there is to the fight when then let it go live.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

But still, the bombs are an important part of Rogue rotations. It's not incredibly obscure.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.