Introduce yourself here newcomers!

Schattens
Realm: Moonrunner, Tanaris, Wyrmrest Accord (Horde Side)

Re: Introduce yourself here newcomers!

Unread post by Schattens »

Hunter's name: Schattens
Server name: Wyrmrest Accord
Faction side: Horde FTW
Current Favorite Spec: Beast Mastery
Current Favorite Pet: Morbidity (aka Bjorn)

Summary: I mostly play WoW or do this thing called reading a book, (no not with pictures), collect Dragons and Wolves, and other things some people find interesting and some won't.
Shostakovich
Realm: Garrosh (US) Horde

Unread post by Shostakovich »

Hunter's name: Shostakovich
Server name: Garrosh
Faction side: Horde
Current Favorite Spec: Beast Mastery (for now, while I'm still leveling)
Current Favorite Pets: Symphony (black worg) Sonata (grey bone spider)

I've been playing WoW on and off since launch. I've tried rolling hunters in the past, testing out race combinations, but until Cataclysm I would never develop an attachment past level 10. Now I am leveling a Forsaken hunter and everything about him feels just right. Looking forward to making him a permanent alt.
Velkyn
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Velkyn »

Hunter's Name: Devenn
Server Name: Wyrmrest Accord
Faction Side: Alliance on Wyrmrest. (Horde at heart, however!)
Current Favorite Pet: Deimos (King Krush), Daxighar (Gezzarak the Huntress)

Soo. I wasn't suppose to get into my hunter as much as I did. Now I'm sitting here with three stable slots three, after having released two spirit beasts, and wanting more stable space... I'm seriously wondering what happened. Before, I had a hunter who I got to level 50, then just left alone for probably nearly a year, now my Worgen hunter is as geared as my rogue and druid...
Saphera
Realm: Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Saphera »

Hunters Name: Saphera
Server Name: Scarlet Crusade
Faction Side: Alliance
Current Favorite Pet: Khaele (Black Worg), Dwaine (Blue Tiger) and Grai (Black Panther)

This was my original WoW character created shortly after launch. She doesn't see as much play time as other characters now that I have found a main home horde side on the Silver Hand server, but she will always have a place in my heart. I have recently started to play her again and have been enjoying it. She was and always will be mainly an RP toon for me and her pets are named after her friends and family, some in loving memory. She is named after her sapphire hair NOT that dragon from that movie/book. :/
Last edited by Saphera on Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AzureWolf
Realm: Earthen Ring

Unread post by AzureWolf »

Hunter's name: Sinsister
Server name: Earthen Ring
Faction side: Alliance
Current Favorite Spec: Beastmastery
Current Favorite Pet: Aotona, Magria, Deth'tilac, Brilliant Macaw, Karoma, Skoll and my 1st rare... Loque'nahak.. but i love every single pet i own and have let go (easy to find like while wolf/black worg etc)
How long I've been playing: 'Bout 2 years, my bf spent most of his time hear so i thought... if ya can't beat 'em, join 'em...
Favorite thing to do in game: Used to be to tame rare pets but i have run out of space and i'm not willing to get rid of any so now i'm hunting Aeonaxx... (any tips would greatly help :D )

Introduction: I'm a 27 year old, full time mum (looking for work but the kids get sooo many school hols, i can't find nothing that works out). My 1st character was a rouge which made it to the lvl 30's and i got bored and curious so i wanted a druid as i'd seen them about and liked the idea of running round as a cat (i love animals) and that beat my rouge and got to 40 (both nelf) then, i wanted to see what the horde side was like soooo, hear was born my blood elf hunter. Things were going great, i was lvling quickly and i loved the hunter, it was so much easier... My hunter was my 3rd character but the 1st to 85... she used to be a Blood elf and is now a night elf... (Gasp :o ) because they changed the guild and added a guild lvl ect and mine wasn't lvling too fast... in fact, it's still on lvl 3 and i changed over many months ago.... but i found a great bunch of people in a guild on the ally side and as i HATE leveling, chose to swap sides... and so was born my 85 Nelf. My nelf is my main and is collecting all the mounts and mini pets first (then the others will get them) as well as the achievements. i started lvling my old toons again but it doesn't last long before i'm back on my nelf.

There are still many pets i would like so i'm hoping for more space... i actually use all/most of mine so it wouldn't be wasted...
Prospector
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by Prospector »

Hunter's name: Prospector
Server name: Alonsus
Current Favorite Spec: Survival
Current Favorite Pet: Ban'Thalos
Pet Owned the Longest: Gondria, was my first rare pet i met. Decided to collect them all after.
How long I've been playing: Over 5 years, 1,5 year on my Hunter now.
Favorite thing to do in game: Doing Achievements and collecting mounts, pets, companions.
Galaxy
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Galaxy »

Hello Everyone!

I have been lurking these forums and the Petopia site for YEARS now and figured out that might be a little bit on the too creepy side. I love reading your RP, and thought, "WAIT! I RP!! I should join in on the fun!!!" And then it hit me- say something!

Currently, Galaxy's main pet is Nykwil the purple chimera. However, she's been trying to train Bliss (the devilsaur pictured) to take up some of the slack since Nykwil gets tired now and again. :roll: She's a little on the prissy side and doesn't like running or fighting or... anything. She has a habit of despawning and ignoring my commands. She'll learn! Nykwil is my baby, though. He, however, is VERY tough to screen shot beautifully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *shakes fist* And he's SO! BEAUTIFUL! GAH!

Bliss in an image:

*sigh*

Anyway, it'll be wonderful finally getting to know everyone in terms of actual digital friendship. Instead of me stalki- er... lurking.

:hug:
Esta
Realm: Sisters of Elune

Unread post by Esta »

Very long time lurker here ;) My main hunter was my first toon - he started as a Night Elf and then became a Draenei before his current incarnation as a Human. I'm male in RL - used to have all male toons but the more races I got alts for the less cut&dry that's been, partially so I get some visual difference between toons and partially because I can't stand the look of some races males (orcs, undead esp) - and then of course I realised that a female BE DK could look like a drow :)

I'm an absolute altoholic so here's the list of my (active) toons:

Server: Sisters of Elune
Guild: <Lordaeron> (A personal guild, it's only ever had my personal toons in it. I'm very proud it's now level 8 - especially since most of the toons were level 85 before I moved them to this guild) - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/siste ... Lordaeron/
Toons (85's): I also have a Lvl 70 NE Hunter and a 31 Worgen Hunter and 6 other non-hunter alts on this server (levels 23-67)

Server: Dath'Remar
Guild: <Weaver of Fate> (this is my horde personal guild - like <Lordaeron> its only ever had my toons in it)
Toons: I also have a 68 BE Hunter and 6 other alts levels 56-69 on this server

I've got semi-active toons scattered around other servers including a new Dwarf Hunter <WHU> on Icecrown (because we all need one of those ;)) a lowbie horde & ally hunter in the 2 Petopian Guilds on Nesingwary (Akhakashta & Estavar although I'm not really feeling much connection to them - I went with races I don't play much and that may have been a mistake), and a BE DK on Proudmoore (draw your own conclusions on that) ;). My main (Estaishinil) has a pretty decent stable - hydra, couple of spirit beasts, Nuramoc etc.

Otherwise - I've been playing for about 5 years (maybe more) - when I started playing I was in Texas (hence my mains being on SoE) but have since moved back to Australia (which is why most of my horde are on Dath'Remar which is Oceanic). I spend way too much time at work so between that and living in a totally different timezone I actually haven't played much in groups at all in Cataclysm (or really since Naxx in Wrath). Mostly I amuse myself with alts, achieves or rep grinding.

I've considered moving at least my 85's somewhere they can benefit from being in a larger friendly guild that doesn't mind my schedule etc but am still pondering. Anyway - I'll probably still be mainly a lurker.

Cheers,

Esta
Galaxy
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Galaxy »

*highfives!* Welcome!!!!! :D

Epic Sig by the Epic CandidHeartbeat <3
Azerothian Days

Mithlek
Realm: Arygos

Unread post by Mithlek »

Hunter's Name: Mithlek
Server Name: Arygos
Faction Side: Horde
Current Favorite Pet: [From my old hunter]: Spore Bats, Turtles, Raptors.

I'm a bit new, especially to Cata. My old (and now gone) past hunter was pure BM, a femTaur... who's name escapes me now ( ;.; ). I was a pure novice, even at level 80, but stuck to pure BM, due to my love for pets, and the class was the only one I clicked with. I leveled mainly through WotLK, adored the LFD... but hated how simple the new dungeons were, and the idiots/griefers it showed me.

I'm a 24yr old woman, still in college, but I'll soon be graduating! :3 I'll try to be active, and I apologize if some of my posts are a tad wonky, I tend to type how I think, which may lead to me going off on a rant about something unrelated for a bit. I adore the Petopia website itself, and finally got up the courage to join here, and offer any help that I can, provided I can remember the odd tricks I learned...
Coe
Realm: Dragonblight US

Unread post by Coe »

Hello everyone!
Name: Coe
Server: Dragonblight US and Burning Blade US
Faction: For The Horde!
Favorite Hunter Spec: BM
Favorite Pet: It's a tie between Izzy and Oz, my two wolves

I finally have decided to join in on all the fun and join the site. I've been coming around for a couple years now checking out pets and lately I've been stalking the forums like a pro and decided, 'Hey, it would be a lot less creepy if I actually joined.' And so here I am.
My main is a 85 druid (Bal/Resto) on Dragonblight and I love her to bits. I've always loved hunters and pets but I've never gotten one up to max lvl. I have a 58 (I think) BE hunter named Bulsi on Burning Blade and I've decided to start a new Tauren hunter on my main server with my druid. So I did and her name is Polkka and her tallstrider is Waltz, I love her already XD.
I was planning on making some kind of lvling journal for Polkka somewhere else and adding pics along the way to give myself something new to do.

But here are some pics of Coekin, Bulsi, Izzy and Oz for now!

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you all :D
Attachments
Coekin, my main.
Coekin, my main.
WoWScrnShot_020612_191755.jpeg (326.84 KiB) Viewed 3567 times
Oz and Bulsi in Org
Oz and Bulsi in Org
WoWScrnShot_011312_173348.jpeg (268.22 KiB) Viewed 3567 times
Izzy and Bulsi
Izzy and Bulsi
WoWScrnShot_011912_224743.jpeg (209.92 KiB) Viewed 3567 times
Bulsi and Oz their first time in Outland
Bulsi and Oz their first time in Outland
WoWScrnShot_012112_114955.jpeg (152.21 KiB) Viewed 3567 times
Spidermonkey
Realm: Hellscream EU

Unread post by Spidermonkey »

Hunter's Name: Spidermonkey The Dwarf Hunter
Server: Hellscream EU
Faction: For the Hunters (Dwarfs and Trolls)!
Current Favorite Spec: BM :D
Current Favorite Pet: Krush :mrgreen: (Green Devilsaur)
Pet Owned the Longest: Well this is my second max level hunter as my first (Deadlykoala The Troll Hunter (Chamber Of Aspcets EU) ) was left on an old realm when i had to realm transfer an with irl friend and could only take my paladin main with me :(. So Spidermonkey is now my Main hunter.
How long I've been playing: My Main character was lv 55 when dk's came out :)
Favorite thing to do in game: Spending time with my pets, , collecting minepets/mounts/hunter pets , Transmoging, Old raids, Random Stuff :lol: .
Icesilvaros
Realm: Frostwolf

Unread post by Icesilvaros »

Hunter's name: IceSilvaros
Server name: Frostwolf
Current Favorite Spec: beastmastery
Current Favorite Pet: I have a lot of favorites, but at the moment I am trying to tame the spectral wolf which will prob end up becoming a fast favorite.

Summary: I enjoy a lot of different play styles inside wow, i used to rp and have considered trying to get back into it...maybe. In real life i love animals and have 3 cats a dog and a bearded dragon. I enjoy collecting mini pets and rare pets. I run the guild Hallowed Moon with the help of my husband who is a die hard rogue fan. I love to help people out and am willing to help anyone I can if I can help.

Outside of the game I am 26 year old stay at home mom. I have two beautiful kids, who are still young enough to take naps (yay!!!!) I enjoy the outdoors when it's actually not cold outside. I love animals, if you couldn't tell. lol
zelduhh
Realm: Arthas-US

Unread post by zelduhh »

Hunter's Name: Zelduhh
Server: Arthas US
Faction: For the Horde!
Current Favorite Spec: I got between BM and Surv a lot
Current Favorite Pet: Arcturis (though I haven't tamed him yet :( )
Pet Owned the Longest: Edwin (Winna's Kitten)
How long I've been playing: I came in around the end of WotLK, so, not long at all (2009)
Favorite thing to do in game: Pet and companion pet collecting, hanging out with my friends and guildies, and getting achievements.

Hi, I've been coming to Petopia for all my pet needs for the last three years and finally decided today it was time to stop being a creeper and sign up. :D
angelisa
Realm: steamwheedle cartel eu

Unread post by angelisa »

Hunter's Name: Angelisa.
Server Name: Steamwheedle Cartel EU.
Faction Side: Alliance.
Current Favourite Spec: BM (always has been, always will be.)
Current Favourite Pet: 3 way tie between Gondria, Magria and Ankha. (I guess i just love the spectral tiger look)
Oldest Pet in my stable: Ghostsaber cat.

Summary.
Not much to say really, been a hunter since 2005. My first class and i fell totally in love with it.
I refuse to ever give up BM. I started life as a nightelf, changed to human in 2011.
I got directed to Petopia when i was a baby hunter of level 10 and have lurked here ever since, figured it was time to introduce myself.
I don't raid or do current instances, i tend to shy away from them as a major lack of confidence on my part. However i have a ton of fun soloing the old instances.
I do love collecting, pets mounts, vanity pets etc.
I just want to say, A huge thankyou to Petopia, it's been a major source of information for me over the years. :P :hug:
Kiriei
Realm: Garona

Unread post by Kiriei »

Hunter's name: Kiriei
Server name: Garona
Current Favorite Spec: MM
Current Favorite Pet: Loque'nahak is my fav pet to use when I go BM, but overall my fav pet is Skarr.
How long I've been playing: Been playing since the game launch in 2005. Started out an NE, and switched to horde at the beginning of WoTLK when my guild at the time fell apart.
Favorite thing to do in game: Tame rare pets, collect vanity pets, gather achievements, help any friends any need, make wise cracks over guild chat :D
Measa
Realm: Eldre'thalas

Unread post by Measa »

Hunter's name: Measa
Server name: Eldre'Thalas US
Current Favorite Spec: MM
Current Favorite Pet: Skarr is my current fav, B ut he does not hold a candle to my Wolf Kagetenchi or my Spirit Beast Álfhildr
How long I've been playing: I started the weekend before BC dropped. I literally started loading the game Friday night and finished with the patches some time Saturday morning.
Favorite thing to do in game: Running old content for fun and profit. And maybe transmog items.

I've been using Petopia for some time and with MoP coming up I figured I might as well join the forums to see what might be coming in the way of hunter pets.
EvanWeeks
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by EvanWeeks »

Hunter's name: Bárður
Server name: Nesingwary
Current Favorite Spec: BM
Current Favorite Pet: Loque'nahak for times I'm in a proper group, Gezzarak the Huntress for solo tanking.
How long I've been playing: Beta, played after beta for a few months, quit... came back around BC and levelled a hunter to about 30, quit... came back again after cataclysm, levelled this hunter to 60 from scratch (he was worgen then), promptly quit when I hit BC content... now I'm back. :)
Favorite thing to do in game: Favorite thing? Right now it's hunting rare pets, engineering schematics, non-combat pets and just hanging out with the Petopians on Nesingwary.

Hm, summary... well, Hunter is the only class I really enjoy. Probably because it's the only one I grok fundamentally. I like pet classes. I also like collecting things and exploring solo, which the Hunter does in spades. Been using wow-petopia as a resource for years but never realized there was a forum here until recently. :)
Rarko
Realm: Bronzebeard/Blackrock

Unread post by Rarko »

Hunter's name: Zajaix
Server Name: Blackrock US
Faction Side: Horde
Current Favorite Pet: Krusher my Krush :D
Mustasch
Realm: Earthen Ring

Unread post by Mustasch »

I am Mústasch, nice to join and meet all the hunters. I began WoW 2yrs ago as Alliance, switched exclusively to all Horde last fall. I'm a Beast Master, that's what I do. Not Marksman though it's my 2nd spec, not Survival. I have rarely raided, but have done battlegrounds so often, and pretty well, that I can do them in my sleep. I recently got the 100k honorable kill achieve and title, and am now taking a break to play MoP beta for a bit.

Keelaunaw (Arcturis), my spirit beast and favorite, has been with me for 99.9% of my hk's, and I can usually be seen hanging around in Org waiting for a bg que to pop w/ him. He is nearly indestructible, rarely dies, and I almost never have to even look at his health to see if he needs to be healed. A tank with ferocity instead of tenacity is what it is, truly a beast; in fact I often get a laugh from watching magic slingers run from him, and sometimes get ticked that he has chased them off and just disappeared, but he's my buddy. He is named from the Salish Native American word for Grizzly Bear, which they called 'Man of the Mountain'. He is my little mountain.

I have all spirit beasts from Kee thru Ban'thalos and the other two cats w/Cata; Skarr and the crab from Molten Front, had the crab from the water realm but am not a big fan so dropped it to make room in stables. The red, green and white corehounds, various other mostly cats, the white and black lions, etc. If I don't have it I did have it at some point.

Very informative site, see you on the battlefield. :headbang:
Attachments
Hi!
Hi!
Mustasch the Tauren Hunter and Keelaunaw say hello.jpg (97.93 KiB) Viewed 3567 times