Server: Lightning's Blade
Spec: PvP Marksmen
Fav Pet Family: Dog
Currently: Gearing up for PvP

Things to do:
- Gear up
- Get those new spiders
- Farm rares
- Get profession mounts (engy and alchemy)
- ???
- Create a guide and be called pro
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Re: Introduce yourself here newcomers!

Unread post by Shade »

I don't think I ever posted here, though I don't think of myself as a newcomer, so I should post at least once! And welcome to the newcomers as they post here!

Hunter's Name: Shadé (A) is my main, but you can see my others in my siggy.

Server: Garona and Nordrassil

Faction: Alliance, though my second hunter is Horde

Current Favorite Spec: BM-every one of my hunters is a BM. I just can't get away from it. I started as a BM and will likely always stay one.

Current Favorite Pet: Gah hard choice. Faí, my Loque'nahak was the reason I started a hunter and has always been my fave in the game, but I have some other faves. Hel (Snarler), Hatsu (Ban'thalos), Holic (Skarr), Gojira (King Krush) and Charybdis (Karkin) to say a few.

Pet Owned the Longest: Hel, my little black wolf. I have a version of him on each of my hunters (they are named Abaddon, Styx and Hades on them). I don't know why I adore the simple black wolf but I do. He was my hard core raiding partner all through ICC, when I was first learning the game. Back when we had only five pets, I had Hel and Faí, some cat or another, maybe another spirit beast and a tank pet. While I was in MM, Hel was my constant companion, Faí was for when I was in BM.

Favorite thing to do in game: Hunt rares, goof off, help where I can, hunt mounts and companions. I guess I have the 'pokemon syndrome'. I was never big into raids, though I'll pug into them when I get super bored. I hate PvP, it pisses me off dying all the time, so much so that I cannot get into it long enough to get the good gear and really get into it. I only PvP to collect the mounts. I tend to spend my time, after I do my dailies, hunting up mounts or pets, running instances and helping out the friends I've made in game find the rares that they are after. Though sometimes I just stand in Stormwind with Ban'thalos out and entertain myself with random whispers about him. :P Shallow yes, but FUN!
Ehawee
Realm: Lightning's Blade

Unread post by Ehawee »

I figured I'd introduce myself, being a new wow-petopia creeper. ;)

Name: Ehawee
Server: Lightning's Blade (EU)
Faction: Horde
Specs: Marksmanship and Beast Mastery
Favorite Pets: I don't really know. My absolute favorite thus far is Deth'tilac, although he is tied with Terrorpene.
General information: I play as a Goblin Hunter and I'm relatively new Hunter, I love to spend time hunting for rares, and will soon start hunting for Achievement Points. The pet that I had the longest and have bonded the most with was the Wolf that I tamed at level 16, a random non-rare Wolf that I went to Elwynn Forest to tame, I named him Asparagus. I actually had him all the way up to level 85, at which point I decided that he would be better off with another owner, someone that could spend more time with him than I could.

If there's anything else that you might want to know, don't hesitate to give me a shout! :)
Calixte
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dragonblight

Unread post by Calixte »

I'm not really soooo new anymore but I just found this and decided I'd make a quick post.

Name: Calixte/Poochyená
Server: Dragonblight (H)/Staghelm (A)
Specs: My hunters are always survival and beast mastery.
Favorite pets: That's difficult! Poochyená is a relatively new hunter, but so far I'm totally loving her Umbreon (Shadowclaw). Cali's Telemachus (Sian-Rotam) was probably the hardest tame (had to summon Shy-Rotam so many times before she called him out to help!) and has been with her the longest. Endymion (Old Cliff-Jumper) is another favorite because I had been camping him for MONTHS and had never even seen him. Very soon into Cataclysm, I flew by while doing some Archaeology, and there he was!
General Info: Calixte was the first toon I ever made in WoW. I have so many fond memories of playing through the content for the first time on her. During Wrath, I was encouraged to level and gear my druid, and began playing a resto druid as my main. I got up through endgame content and heroic ICC encounters, but when Cata came out and healers became SO STRESSFUL I decided I'd try my hand at a hunter again, and I still love it! I started Poochyená, a Worgen hunter, just to do Petopia's Random Pet Challenge. IRL I'm a college student majoring in Environmental Studies and Philosophy...I get busy during the school year.
In-Game...: You'll often find me camping rares, against my better judgment! I paid my dues camping OCJ, Arcturis, Skoll, Loque (I have yet to catch!), Ankha and Deth'tilac (finally gave up on this one). I am a little bit OCD and really like collections to be complete, so I also collect mounts, and when I'm done with that, minipets. I've camped Time-Lost Proto Drake (successfully) and Aeonaxx (not successful yet!). Sometimes I frustrate myself with my camping.

Lovely sig and avatar by the talented Kuraine!

Leadspitter
Realm: Silvermoon

Unread post by Leadspitter »

Hi all,

I've been a fan of Petopia for a very long but never got around to registering on here. So this is a quick hello from myself!

I've played World of Warcraft since 2005 and have played the Hunter class for the last two and half years. I'm based on Emerald Dream EU.

In relation to the game, I consider myself a social player and like to take part part in instances and questing. I LOVE to quest!

Currently I'm in the process of trying to tame Terrorpene but not having much luck!

Thanks for reading!
Kalyne
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kalyne »

Hunter's name: Kalyne
Server name: Nagrand
Faction side: Alliance
Current Favorite Spec: Beast Mastery. Always and only. I have Marks for Skarr.
Current Favorite Pet: Glacier - Loque.

Summary: I'm relatively new to being a hunter. My main is a restoration druid and has been since just before the Burning Crusade release. Kalyne, my hunter, was created as a worgen. She is the fourth or fifth hunter I have created at this point, but the only one not to get deleted! (Whatever was I thinking.)
My hunter raids in our guilds second raid, as beast mastery, much to the horror of the general masses.

I also like to collect pets, not particularly rare pets, just cute pets. I have an assortment of practical pets for the raid as well.
Deadwillow
Realm: Shu'halo, Stormreaver

Unread post by Deadwillow »

Oopsy I didn't see this when I joined up last week! :)

Hunter's names: Nicu and Deadwillow
Server name: Shu'halo and Stormreaver
Faction side: Horde and Alliance
Current Favorite Spec: Beastmastery because I love my pets!
Current Favorite Pet: Grimmjaw aka Loque'nahak

I absolutely love PvPing although after leveling Deadwillow I don't really feel I am cut out for a PvP server. My main toon is a Death Knight but I have come to love level 85 hunters as well. The thrill of finding a rare and completing a tame caused me to level Deadwillow after I had completed leveling and taming until Nicus stables were full! I don't currently raid although I would love to get back into that once time allows and I find the proper people to run with.

~*~ Vènom - Nicu - Grimmjaw ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ Grimmjaw - Deadwillow - Coyotè - Tìnk ~*~

Joshatdot
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by Joshatdot »

Hello .. long time lurker

Name: Rargiz
Server: Alleria
Faction: Alliance, N'Elf
Spec: Beast Master/Marksman
Fav Pet Family: Cats
Currently: Leveling up my Hunter (currently 56)
Bryndehen
Realm: Magtheridon

Unread post by Bryndehen »

Hey everyone... been lurking a while, thought it'd be nice to actually participate in some of the awesome conversations!

I'm kind of an altoholic. I've been playing forever (restarted right before the drop of Cataclysm), and have YET to get to level 85. Everytime I get to the 70-80 mark, I restart with a new character! I recently decided upon hunter to be my main, as from all the characters I've leveled, it's easily my favorite. :D

Hunter's Name: Bryndehen

Server: Magtheridon

Current Favorite Spec: Survival, actually. Don't see a lot of this answer in this topic. :)

Current Favorite Pet: Spindly, my green and blue death ravager. He's my PvP pet, but will always be my favorite.

Pet Owned the Longest: Spindly again. Bryndehen started off as a Worgen, so as soon as I got to Darnassus, I flew over to Azuremyst and nabbed him up! My girlfriend and I (She's a warlock, we can't get away from pet classes!) actually just changed over to Horde this past week.

Favorite thing to do in game: Try to reach level 85! On top of that, I'm always trying to get in on PUGs for old raids, just to see the content I missed back in the day.
Vilhelm
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Vilhelm »

Hi All!! I'm long time lurker since I started playing my alt hunter toon (main among multiple 85's).

Hunter's name: Vílhelm
Server name: Area 52 (US)
Faction side: Horde - Orc
Current Favorite Spec: Beastmastery
Current Favorite Pet: Spirit Beasts and Rare pets (rotating)

I love camping and taming rare pets. Collector of spirit beasts (got all SBs) and unique skinned pets. I do PvE raid and dont do PvP at the moment.
Anj
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Anj »

Hunter's name: Anj
Server name: Moon Guard
Faction side: Horde
Current Favorite Spec: Beast Mastery
Always My Favorite Pet: Loque'nahak

I primarily leveled up to tame and only began to raid and do heroics during WotLK. I initially only wanted to get Ban'thalos, Magria, and Ankha but was sucked into the challenge of taming the spiders, Karkin, and Skarr. I have all 10 now but I still continue to help out fellow hunters: alliance or horde. My personal rule is to never use pets in their home zones.

When I'm not on, I'm usually in Huntsmanslodge and just recently here.
Remember, this is no sprint. The true test of a hunter tests his endurance over the course of a long expedition.
Zhele
Realm: Mal'Ganis US

Unread post by Zhele »

Hunter's name: Zhele
Server name: Mal'Ganis (US)
Faction side: hoaarrde
Current Favorite Spec: Survival
Current Favorite Pet: Vicious - Warp Stalker

Summary: I'm a vet tech student from Pittsburgh, PA. I play to vent my frustrations and to blow off steam. I mainly PvP, and am quite maniacal when doing so, but I also love going through dungeons and can't wait to begin raiding, so long as I have understanding people around me who don't throw a fit if I don't know the routine. I'm very much a learn-by-doing person. Outside the game, I play the tin whistle, I sing and perform, I draw, and whenever I actually have a bus pass or extra money for the bus, I volunteer at the humane society. I will also probably yell at you if you tell me you leave your cat outside for any reason whatsoever aside from it being a barn cat and you own a farm. Being around the humane society tends to make you feel that way. :)
Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill (Horde)Ravencrest (Ally)

Unread post by Snowbird »

I have been on this forum for like a year! But i actually forgot about it!. But now im back in!

Hunter's name:Snowbird
Server name:Burning Blade
Faction side:For The Horde!
Current Favorite Spec:Beast Mastery ofcourse!
Current Favorite Pet:At the Moment it has to be Skarr

Summary: Im a 19 year old girl from norway, but have lived in Sweden for the past 5 years.
I spend most of my days online. On forums and stuff, and on wow. If im not on wow im out with all my animals. Just for the fun of it, i will say how many animals i have! Here we go! 4 Dalmatians (Dogs) 5 Horses (trotter horses) 4 Goats (hehe i know Goats!!? :O) 1 cat and a bunch of Chickens!! :D So i have my own little pet stable in real life!.
I have played wow now for 6 years! And still love it as much as i did in the beginning!.

I dont have so much more to add.! ^^

So all i have to say Thanks Fellow Hunters!
For The Horde!

Signature Made By Senenith

Izzi
Realm: Eldre'thalas

Unread post by Izzi »

Long-time lurker, so I figured I'd finally make an account here.

Hunter's name: Izzi
Faction side: Alliance
Favorite Spec: Izzi's always been Beastmastery, and even at the behest of my boyfriend I don't really think I could change it. (Whenever I play my Hunter, I see myself playing with the pets more than the Hunter herself, and it's always awesome seeing my pet tear things up.)
Favorite Pet: Her very first pet, Avery, a Mulgore Cougar will always be my favorite. But my Loque, Starlight, comes in a pretty close 2nd now since it was a present from my boyfriend (he camped Loque for me!).

About me: Hunter isn't my main, but my Hunter's existed for a long, long time. I've been playing since early 2005 and my Hunter wasn't made too far after I started playing (but wasn't my first character). My Hunter was my main briefly at the end of Vanilla, but changed back to one of my Druids during TBC and that Druid has been my main ever since (Rawr I'm a Bear). Although I don't play my Hunter as much anymore (I get bursts here and there of playing her), my pets always have a special place in my heart and I'm always on the lookout for new companions for her (so, Petopia's kind of the best place for that!).

Lately, I've been finding myself taming new pets left and right and just can't seem to stop (I'm almost out of stable space!), so I figured I'd finally make an account on a forum where I know I'm not the only one with this problem (I swear, I never used to just tame pets willy-nilly! I'd always make very careful choices so I'd never run out of space!).
Firesighn

Unread post by Firesighn »

Hunter's name: Kalauch
Server name: The Scryers
Faction side: Horde
Current Favorite Spec: BM
Current Favorite Pet: Lord Kri.

I figured I've been stalking the forums since before Wrath came out. Maybe I should make an account derp. I like anime and manga though I haven't been able to keep up on it much lately. :I I play WoW for the pets and it's why no other MMO has been able to hold my attention. They don't give the choice WoW does. :3 I am a doofus fangirl and have named a bunch of my pets after characters.
Sam
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Sam »

I should do this... I lurked for a while, and have started getting chatty, but no intro yet.

Class: Hunter
Name: Samjammy
Server: Proudmoore
Spec: Beast Mastery
Fav Pet Family: I don't have one favorite, I like to switch around.
Fav Pet: I always come back to my ghost saber, Djinn.
Real Life stable: 3 kitties! All strays or rescues.

I have a lot of characters but hunter is my favorite class. And I have a few hunters, spread around in both factions and on various servers, but Samjammy is my main, the one I put my time and energy into. I recently server-transferred her to Proudmoore, where I feel much more at home than on my old server, though I still need to find a guild.

Some of my favorite pets are down there in my sig.
* The Throbulator -- my brain bug -- love him for the webs and the extra stam!
* Djinn -- the pet I've had the longest, the one with which I have the strongest bond. I still have the cat figurine she came out of.
* Fardels -- my loyal Shakespearean bear. He has a big heart and is always defending random players. He doesn't even care what faction they are, he just dives in to help them. It makes playing with him fun.
* Serenity -- I tried for the Firefly pet for months! Finally I tamed a Bogflare Needler and named her Serenity. I got the Firefly the next day! So she's my good luck charm. I don't play with her, but I have her out in town sometimes and I will never let her go.
"There are very few problems caused by sorcerers that can't be solved with a sharp stick."
Atalanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Daggerspine/Frostwhisper EU

Unread post by Atalanta »

Hi everyone! :D

Hunter's name: Átalanta
Server name: Frostwhisper
Faction side: Horde baby!
Current Favorite Spec: Forever and always, a loyal Survival Hunter <3
Current Favorite Pet: Kochanie (means 'sweetheart' and that's the Deth'tilac rare!)

Summary: My name is Chell and I'm 22 years old. I love Druids and Hunters. Even though my Druid is my main, I consider my Hunter to be just as important to me. I play to raid, but in my spare time that I'm not raiding I'm usually camping for rare mounts first, and then I'll go for the pets. I'm a complete sucker for animals in RL, so they're just as important to me in game, even the ones I have that aren't rare.

Druid // Hunter

"There is only one God and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: Not today."

Erwin
Realm: Quel'Thalas EU / Runetotem EU

Unread post by Erwin »

Hunter's name: Tenryu
Server name: Runetotem EU
Faction side: Horde (mostly tauren)
Current Favorite Spec: Beast Mastery
Current Favorite Pet: Skoll

About me: I'm 26 years old, and I live in southern Switzerland. Played another hunter on another account...with all spirit beasts! So a new challenge, I will tame them once again 8-)
dragonaa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: ghostlands

Unread post by dragonaa »

hunters name: Dragonaa
server name: Ghostlands
Faction side: horde
current fav spec: BM
fav pet: Dragon (blue spiked raptor)

about me: im 20 years old have full stables :( im always looking for a new pet to add :D
Drklightning
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by Drklightning »

Hunters Name: Drklightning
Server: Ghostlands
Faction: Horde, forever.
Favorite Spec: Surv. always.
Favorite Pet: Buck, tawny wolf, been with since lvl 10.

You guys are great love the site very helpful. :mrgreen:
Just got my fire raptor and they better not take it away! :headbang: