Artisan Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel EU

Re: Introduce yourself here newcomers!

Unread post by Samskeyti »

Hunter's name: Kassiopeia
Server name: Steamwheedle Cartel
Faction side: Alliance
Current Favorite Spec: BM
Current Favorite Pet: Spica (White Windserpent)
Pet Owned the Longest: Regulus, the spring paw lynx. The journey at level 30 all the way to Eversong Woods as alliance, and then the levelling up on the turtles in Alterac Mountains from lvl 6 to 30, I will never forget, nor regret it. My favorite cat model of all. Regulus has been on my side ever since, and still is. My guild even called him "Reggie" as a nickname.
How long I've been playing: since January 2008
Favorite thing to do in game: Chase rares, and sneak around on my druid :-)

I play two classes, hunter and feral druid, and I actually ended up having three druids, two alliance and one on horde side, plus Kassi, the hunter and a hunter on hordeside, but she's been stuck at 74 since 2 years now! Kassi was my first character, and I probably tamed every rare hunter pet there was in the game. But then I discovered druids, and was hooked. So now I use her mainly to chase after more rares, and raid every now and then quite casually.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Welcome Sams!

Oh i never did one of these!

Hunter's name: Noël
Server name: Nesingway
Faction side: Horde once I can be a Goblin :), currently attempting to fish up a Sea Turtle

Current Favorite Spec: Always has been BM. I spent 100g on getting dual spec, I tried MM for a dungeon once, that lasted about 2 pulls. I like BM because with me I am a equal oppurtunity tamer, my pet and myself are both equals, so I try not to do more damage than what my pet can do to make her feel better.

Current Favorite Pet: Um... I cycle through my spirit beasts (except I just don't like Skoll for some reason), I like my King Krush, and I also like my Turtle (thats going to be a Ancient Turtle in about a week :) ) My turtle helps me fish, in hopes that he will attract the Sea Turtle

Summary: I like turtles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
The Number Nine
Realm: Kul Tiras

Unread post by The Number Nine »

Hunter's name: My main is Loremaster Ketchup, Lady Troll Hunter. I've spent so much time on her, that I've lost most interest in ever starting a 2nd hunter.
Server name: All my 80s are on Kul Tiras, and I have 7 80s so far. I have Fragrance the undead mage on Nesingwary, and a few stray alts here and there.
Faction side: For the Horde! Lok'Regar!
Current Favorite Spec: BM, but I've been MM a lot as well through vanilla, BC and Wrath
Current Favorite Pet: Chickens, my grey silithid, and Poo, my ghost worm
Pet Owned the Longest: NumNums, my glowing eyes purple ravager, then WOTLK made Ravagers sucky. In Vanilla, I had a black scorpid named Yam.
How long I've been playing: 5 years? 6 maybe? Since Ahn'Qiraj came out.
Favorite thing to do in game: Finding those little scripted events/conversation between NPCs, they're always so lore-ful and makes the game more immersive.

I'll follow this up with a bigger intro, but I'm tired and sticky from work (I'm a prep cook at a steak house), and also hungry looking at all these pets.. I mean, pets are like food, right?
Oh, I have the Loremaster title in Real Life, being a huge lore whore since Warcraft 2. I basically grew up with Metzen as my childhood hero. Then later, I found out he's an asshole in RL. >.>
Wigumoto
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Wigumoto »

Hunter's name: Valeriya
Server name: Stormrage (EU)
Current Favorite Spec: Well I've only played BM so far so, BM.
Current Favorite Pet: My old faithful, diseased wolf, Patches. Altough my recently tamed Arcturis is also very cool, and my rhino Durnesbane is a great tank for when I'm soloing.
How long I've been playing: Maybe a year? Less then?

Val is my main and currently level 78. She wasn't my first character (or my last) but she was the first that stuck. I tried a mage, a warlock and a rouge before I got to hunter and while I liked those other classes just fine it was only the hunter that that really clicked with me. I'm thinking Goblin hunter for Cata for my first real step into the Horde.
Gentlemanne

Unread post by Gentlemanne »

Main's name: Amusingly enough, I decided to name my main Líchkíng. I sense a change come Cataclysm.
Guildmain's name: Death's Demise
Server name: Ghostlands.
Faction side: Horde, most definintely. My home and my people.
Current Favorite Spec: Unholy.
Current Favorite Pet: My black scorpid Wrath.
Summary: I'm just your typical Brit, what what, having a lovely time here in sunny Blighty. I enjoy crumpets, tea and smacking young rapscallions with my cane, don'tcha know.
Layiaissa
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Area 52, Shandris, Bladefist, Quel'dorei

Unread post by Layiaissa »

Hi, my name is Layiaissa, a night elf cat master. My first pet is a nightstalker that I've had for ten months.
I don't choose sides, although if I had a gun pointed at my head, I'd probably go alliance.

I'm a mother in real life, and use catching hunter pets as a way to relax. I love playing hunters and healers.

thanks to Kurenio and TygerDarkStorm for the sigs

Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg, Alexstrasza

Unread post by Setanta »

Hunter's Name: Setanta (Night Elf), Sergmus (Orc), Aoifa (Blood Elf)
Server: Blackhand, Blackhand, The Forgotten Coast
Faction: Alliance, Horde, Horde
Favorite Spec: BM, did the MM for raiding in BC, and went to Surv for raiding in WotLK before going back to BM with the new changes.
Favorite Pet: right now Cuchulainn the wolf from Ramparts
Playing Since: Last month and a half of vanilla beta
Favorite Thing to do in-Game: right now? solo TBC heroics with my trusty turtle Michelangelo
Most Excited for in Cataclysm: New content, I'm a huge lore buff and I'm always curious about where the story is going.

Other Stuff: I've always had a preference for horde, but when I first came to WoW from EQ, my friends/guildmates that were here were intent on being Alliance. Out of all the races in the game my preference is for Orcs, and I brought my dislike of Gnomes to WoW from EQ which makes my Night Elf toons a bit mean in their natural aloofness.

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Sargmar (Blood Elf) Alexstrasza

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.
Sei
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Skywall

Unread post by Sei »

Hunter's name: Sei (shortened)
Server name: Skywall
Faction side: One and only HORDE.
Current Favorite Pet: I'm a spirit beast collector, I have them all -- but I generally use Skoll or my spirit bear.

Summary: I started playing wow a little over a year ago now. When I asked my friend which toon he thought I should start with, he said Hunter (you can have a pet) or Druid (you can be the pet). As you may have guess I started out with my hunter, and it's been my main ever since. My hunter is also my Achiever.
Nenuarë
Realm: Les Sentinelles (FR)

Unread post by Nenuarë »

Hunter's name: Nenuarë, female night elf
Server name: Les Sentinelles (french RP server)
Current Favorite Spec: Beast Mastery, what else ? ;)
Current Favorite Pets: Niruza (red hyena from Scarlet Monastery) - Brumorage (Loque'nahak)
Pet Owned the Longest: Niruza, red hyena from Scarlet Monastery - tamed on january 2007
How long I've been playing: Since 2005
Favorite thing to do in game: Tame rare pets, and level them. Always hunt on my own.

Summary: When the game was still in beta, I already knew I would play a hunter.
I don't really have much time to play, so I'm a 100% casual gamer :p
I often (always ?) use Petopia to find new companions, even if I have to translate the names in French.
Majin
Realm: Warsong

Unread post by Majin »

Hunter's Name: Majín
Server: Warsong US
Faction: Son of the Horde!
Current Favorite Spec: MM, but i like all 3 specs
Current Favorite Pet: Skoll (named SteveHarris)
Pet Owned the Longest: My fisrt Frostsaber (named ChuckNorris)
How long I've been playing: begining of Burning Crusade
Favorite thing to do in game: Raid and Achivments
Last edited by Majin on Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tactfullyArtisan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream US

Unread post by tactfullyArtisan »

Hope I'm doing this right. xD

Hunter's name: Arson (has special characters in it, I plan on getting a name change.)
Server name: Emerald Dream US
Faction side: My main is Horde, but Arson is Alliance.
Current Favorite Spec: Beast Mastery <3
Current Favorite Pet: Stardust, my new Aqua Saber, or Foxtrot, my Red Fox from Redridge. I'm camping Ashtail's spawn right now though, I love his model.
Pet Owned the Longest: Spectre, my Ghost Saber from Darkshore. I love her dearly <3
How long I've been playing: Since just before Wrath was released.
Favorite thing to do in game: I love exploring, and getting achievements. My main has close to 5k achievement points at the moment. And I always love taming new hunter pets <:

I played my hunter all day today, got from 47 to 57. I consider that an accomplishment C:

But you can skyrocket away from me,
and never come back if you find another galaxy
far from here with more room to fly.
Just leave me your stardust to remember you by.

Avatar by Moonlost, sig by Ashaine.

sXe Angel
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Vek'Nilash (US - Ally)

Unread post by sXe Angel »

Hunter's name: Arï
Server name: Vek'nilash US
Faction side: Ally on a good day, swap to a horde belf mage/lock on a bad day for the pew-pew-pew factor.
Current Favorite Spec: MM (dual spec'd in BM for my core hound and when I eventually tame Loque, the hunt for him continues...)
Current Favorite Pet: CMPunk - Deathmaw Worg (for dungeons/raiding), JohnCena - black mining monkey (for WG and other BG's, bad manner ftw!), Mulder - black fox & ColtCabana - The Kurken (for showing off when just hanging out with friends)
Pet Owned The Longest: CMPunk - Deathmaw Worg - he's my go-to pet for any instance I'm not familiar with, had Bjorn the white bear before I got Punk, and only kept the bear with me until I was high enough lvl to travel to BS to tame Deathmaw as I knew I had to have him once finding out he was tamable. When I finally spotted Deathmaw I let the bear go free, tamed the worg, and have kept him with me ever since.
How Long I've Been Playing: Pre-BC x-pac. I remember all the in-game excitement that lead up to the Dark Portal and BC. Still have my first toon I ever made that has one of the old PVP ranks from doing BG's in vanilla WoW.
Fave Things To Do In Game: Explore, do silly holiday stuff, collect vanity/mini-pets (Yes, I haz the Bambi one), grumble good-naturedly in guild chat whenever I see a really awesome looking creature that can't be tamed (come on, Blizz, let me tame a dragon whelp just so I can name it after Bryan Danielson), raid PUG with my friends while making new friends, hit up dungeons that nobody runs anymore not for the gear just as a way to have fun and see things most players don't bother getting to see, hit up WG every couple hours to help keep it in the hands of the Ally on Vek, and fly in circles around the Basin searching for Loque 'till I get annoyed with not finding him and go find a raid or hit up a few randoms just to break things up a bit.

Summary: I'm a cancer, a big fan of old-world worgs in game, dun much care for the NR saber worg appearance, and name 99.9% of my pets for pro wrestlers, only exception being my black fox since that one was just too good of a reference to pass up. Rolled mostly horde locks 'till my bro asked me to roll a ally hunter on a diff server with him, and the rest as they say is history. I'm known to be sarcastic, and like to make people laugh at silly nonsense things most of the time. I also believe in playing polite, as in asking a mage for mage food or a lock for a healthstone instead of demanding/expecting it, and thanking those kind enough to do so before the group can ask them to. I play addon-light and don't use macros to spam, as I prefer to really play instead of letting a bunch of pre-made scripts play for me. Only addons I have currently installed are recount and pet emote, and I'm eagerly awaiting the update for pet emote that will include the new pet families. I'm a college student with film/radio/television production as my major, and I use a mac because their better at that sort of thing. And if the forum name didn't give it away, I'm straight edge and a chick.
http://i28.tinypic.com/11szgx1.jpg
^Supports my theory that CM Punk would roll a hunter in WoW.^
amrasillias
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar EU

Unread post by amrasillias »

Hunter's Name: Amrasillias
Server: Eonar EU
Faction: Alliance
Current Favorite Spec: BM since day 1, although i have several hunters with different specs
Current Favorite Pet: Green Tiger from Felwood, named him Cringer after He-man's battle cat
Pet Owned the Longest: Ghost saber from Darkshore
How long I've been playing: begining of Burning Crusade
Favorite thing to do in game: Extreme soloing like Kara or heroic northrend dungeons
Ceravan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar (alliance), Nesingwary (horde)

Unread post by Ceravan »

Well, here's my official introduction as I've been lurking around the boards for, well, for quite a long while now and only started posting roughly a couple months or so ago.

Ceravan was my first WoW toon ever, I started playing WoW a month after the Anvilmar realm went live. Made it to 60 on him a few weeks before they announced BC, and then got invited to the BC beta, where I was havin fun seeing what I could do. Was the rare hunter that still had a Gorilla (good ole uhk'lok) when everyone was raid heavy and such. Was the first hunter on Anvilmar to tame a Molten Core corehound as soon as they became tameable, and at 70, with only 13khp and our original 20second no armor tame, that in itself was tricky. He was easy to get to, tricky to tame, had to have a resto druid with the threat reduction talent to do it, and still took 4 tries as he was always doing one spell or another that would screw with the tame. Stayed Beastmaster spec all the way until shortly after wrath came out and before dual spec did. Switched to Survival, then when dual spec came out did BM again. Always used Petopia to help me find what I wanted to tame, when I wanted to tame, etc. And all that brings us up to now, where new pets have become available and once again, I go out and do somethin that few are doing. I go out to tame Chromaggus, funny thing is, he's the total opposite of the MC Core hound tame, he was HARD to get to, but easy to tame, as easy as any other tame I've ever had. And now, as it seems, I am the only hunter on Anvilmar to have him, and it's awesome, the amount of comments I get on him, what people are saying, I love it, and the tame, after it happened, it just felt RIGHT. So there you have it, my hunter life in a nutshell, the rundown is....

Ceravan (Night Elf Hunter of the Alliance)
Anvilmar
Mainly BM spec, now randomly switching to Marksmen (dual spec) because Survival feels kinda nerfed to me, idk.

First ever tames of MC Corehound, Chromaggus, and Nuramoc on Anvilmar

Tircassia

Unread post by Tircassia »

Hunter's Name: Juremo
Server: Currently, Dragonblight US, but probably server moving soon.
Faction: Horde
Current Favorite Pet: Buru. He was my favorite boss in AQ20, I'm so excited I can tame his model. He's also quite the conversation piece
Pet Owned the Longest: Arikara (Echeyakee). I've had that thing since I was able to originally summon him in the Barrens.
How long I've been playing: Since Vanilla, so around 5 years.
Favorite thing to do in game: Putzing around and being silly, raiding, hanging out with friends, showing off new shinies I got, trying to find new and creative ways to die.
Stable Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... et#5282292 - BlightBeak isn't showing up, who's in my sig.

I've been a lurker here for some time now. I've always been one of those hunters that was embarrassed to admit they were a hunter, with the flack that hunters get for being slow, dumb, etc. So, its always been a guilty pleasure of mine. Juremo isn't my main, and I don't even really play Horde, sadly. But, when I first started the game, I created Juremo as my first character and fell in love with WoW right then. Just all my friends play Alliance, so I've had to compromise.

I've also never really been interested in pets either, with the lack of stable slots. I don't know how many times I've passed on Skoll just because I didn't want to deal with a full stable of tiny space. But, with the Cata changes, I'm taming, taming, taming! All of this pet hunting, and the pet changes, had reignited my love for hunters. Echeyakee's always been my favorite. And I always joke with my husband that our hunters are complete opposites: His a dwarf, Alliance, with Humar. Mine a troll, Horde, with Echeyakee.

Sadly, Horde on my server is dying real quick, so I'm shuffling this toon to a new home. But, with the freed slots, I plan on making another hunter, Worgen, and going through the crazy fun on him :)
pengupuff
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall

Unread post by pengupuff »

Hunter's Name: Linesk
Server: Skywall (aka "Skylawl")
Faction: Horde
Current Favorite Spec: BM, but I usually raid as MM.
Current Favorite Pet: Probably Dionysius, my green devilsaur.
Pet Owned the Longest: Antiquus, my grey worg (old cliff jumper)
How long I've been playing: I started playing right before Ulduar was introduced I believe.
Favorite thing to do in game: Raid, raid, raid. I also enjoy trolling trade and going on taming binges.
Stable Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... linesk/pet

I also enjoy collecting non-combat pets and meeting new people. If you want someone new to talk to, feel free to ID me: megan_groves9@eku.edu
Be forewarned, I have a very... erm... "open" sense of humor.

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." - Angela Monet

Check out my stable!

Minifig
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Minifig »

I'm Minifig.

I'm a friend of Wain's.

I hail from Draka.

I was going to be a Druid come Cataclysm, but I thought I'd give another shot at hunter in PTR and I loved it so much, my new main in Cataclysm is going to be a hunter, and my alt is going to be a Druid.

Any other questions? Feel free to ask, I'm probably the most open minded person around (and Wain can tell you that!).. :)
Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Miraga »

Hunter's name: Miraga
Server name: Greymane
Faction side: Horde
Current Favorite Spec: Nothing right now. :3 Hopefully BM/whatever for 5 mans when I'm back later in December.
Current Favorite Pet: Huttser the grey wolf!
Pet Owned the Longest: Oh jeeze... um... I'm not sure. It was probably my blue/white worg named Morgenstern on my old hunter on Sargeras but I don't play her anymore.
How long I've been playing: I started in '06 then quit for a few years and came back for WOTLK.
Favorite thing to do in game: Run around talking with my friends and just being silly.

Summary: I hate raiding. Ever since I healed on my druid pre-BC I have hated raiding. >__< I hate it when I screw up and someone yells at me! So I basically do 5 mans to get badge gear or whatever and that's good enough for me. My main is my tauren druid Esarosa but my orc Hunter makes me happy. :3 I like to level characters but always get stuck in BC content and get so bored that I have to stop. I do all my dailies but can never seem to have any gold...
Undra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Undra »

Main's name: Undra
Guildmain's name: Ordo Veritas
Server name: Zul'jin
Faction side: Lok'Tar Ogar!
Current Favorite Spec: Survival
Current Favorite Pet: Journey - Grimtotem Spirit Guide

Summary: I've been playing Undra for six years now, before WoW officially started, and while I started as a newbie among newbies, I made a point to learn from my many many mistakes over the years and do what I can to guide young hunters so they don't repeat my errors. They get to make entirely new ones ;) I am absolutely mad about rare and special tames, making me something of a guild joke about taming pets. I raid, I rule, and I rant.

And that about sums it up.
Minifig
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Minifig »

I figured I'd do this proper:

Hunter's name: See my sig when Cata comes out. ^_^, don't want anyone else to take it.
Server name: Draka
Faction side: Alliance, all the way.
Current Favorite Spec: Beast Mastery, and Marksmen.
Current Favorite Pet: Birds of Prey.

Summary: I'm a friend of Wain's who told me about this place, and I've been reading the actual site for ... well.. eons. I figured it'd be proper of me to sign up on to the forums as I'm going to be a hunter come Cataclysm. I'm a 29 year old (almost 30) Capricorn guy from near South Bend, Indiana (home of Notre Dame college and football). I've been Alliance for almost the entire time I've been in game (six years!), except for one month where I did a stint as horde. I hated it.

Want to know more? Ask. :)