Introduce yourself here newcomers!

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Re: Introduce yourself here newcomers!

Unread post by Royi »

Minifig wrote:I figured I'd do this proper:

Hunter's name: See my sig when Cata comes out. ^_^, don't want anyone else to take it.
Server name: Draka
Faction side: Alliance, all the way.
Current Favorite Spec: Beast Mastery, and Marksmen.
Current Favorite Pet: Birds of Prey.

Summary: I'm a friend of Wain's who told me about this place, and I've been reading the actual site for ... well.. eons. I figured it'd be proper of me to sign up on to the forums as I'm going to be a hunter come Cataclysm. I'm a 29 year old (almost 30) Capricorn guy from near South Bend, Indiana (home of Notre Dame college and football). I've been Alliance for almost the entire time I've been in game (six years!), except for one month where I did a stint as horde. I hated it.

Want to know more? Ask. :)
You wont hate horde if you come to Nesingway and join my cult, or you could join the Petopian guild, or even both!

Its nice. You like Legos much? I had a small stint in collecting star wars lego sets and I once made my own creation of Endor's moon :)
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Andine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonglade

Unread post by Andine »

Hunter's name: Andine
Server: nothing at the moment, but char will come back on live on Moonglade EU soon (I played it on the beta)
Faction side: this char, Horde, but I play Alliance as well
Favourite spec: Beasmastery, because of exotic pets
Favourite pet: hard to say... but rhinos are quite cool
Played since: very late classic originally, currently since about 3.3.5 came out

I played WoW in general since late classic, when I played a warlock. Then I played a paladin in BC, for the longest time. In Cata beta I found hunter very enjoyable and played until 62 an undead hunter, which I enjoyed enough to plan restarting her on live as soon as I get back to it (busy time right now).
Seeing as I played a warlock, and enjoyed a hunter, you can probably guess that the general feel of a "mon master" appeals to me, being once in the past an avid Pokemon fan. As I grew out of it, in WoW I started collecting demons and bears. :D
Sadly warlocks can't enslave demons permamently. :(
Bubbleme
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Bubbleme »

Hunter's Name; Tsami
Server; My characters space out across many servers, but my main server atm is Earthen Ring EU.
Faction Side; I play both, but Alliance more oftenly.
Fave Spec; Has to be Marksman for awesome DPS.
Fave pet; Currently my white fox - Blake.
Played since; Technically the start of wow, I was given this account by my dad (no telling!) and I was given it around 1-2 years ago.
Griffley
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Outland - EU

Unread post by Griffley »

Hey!
I'm Griffley! (Ravenholdt EU), in real life known as Robbert van Eijndhoven.
You may have noticed my two pet taming guides since yesterday, with the new taming method.
I like to just scout around in WoW
outside WoW I go to film school, love movies, skating, my dog, going out to 'da clubs', and girls :3 aww yeah
My Favorite pet is Amoria, my Blue Sporebat. I love it!
fav spec? we are on petopia! BM ofcourse

love you all
Rabiator

Unread post by Rabiator »

Hi,

I played WoW since the vanilla beta until quitting it almost three years ago. The improvements Blizzard made to the game is the one thing which made my fingers itch to give the game another shot and since Hunters (BM!!) have always been a close favorite second class to my main Druid I will definetely start with one of those when Cataclysm hits. Too bad my old chars are all gone by now, but they would only ruin the experience of leveling from scratch without help. :D

So far I have no char and not even chosen a server (EU) to play on ...

Both Druid and Hunter have one thing in common: they can adapt a lot and play different roles (Druids with shapeshifting and Hunters with different pets) and that is the most interesting thing about those classes. In short: a challenge if you want to be good at what you are doing!
Maladramatic

Unread post by Maladramatic »

Hunter's name: Vodyanoia, Female Draenei
Server name: Argent Dawn
Faction side: Alliance
Current Favorite Spec: BM
Current Favorite Pet: Loque'nahak (Still without a new name)
Pet Owned the Longest: Sian'Rotam, from the days of Horde.
How long I've been playing: Since the beginning of when I started playing =P
Favorite thing to do in game: Role-playing, taming new pets..raiding.

Summary: There are two summaries here, I suppose and that's what I am in the game and what I am in my real life outside of the game with the line between those two often blending. In game, I'm pretty friendly and like to help people, try to communicate outside of guild as if I was a character and certainly enjoy meeting new friends and staying friends with people who I don't find are selfish and disloyal.

I actually play a priest as my main but have played druid and shaman, warlock, mage, deathknight, paladin..rogue, warrior..I think I've played absolutely everything, but what has remained constant are my priest and my hunter, with my hunter being my oldest character and for the longest time, was the only one at 60.

I've recently been given the choice of choosing a new main for Cataclysm, so I am considering very strongly choosing my hunter over my priest so I hope Blizzard keeps nerfing shadow so I have even more motivation to make the change. ^^

In life and what shows in game is that I am generally a quick wit, I love jokes and my humor is generally dry. I am an achiever and I don't mean with Blizzard's artificial game stimulation with the achievements, I mean.. I am competitive and I like to win. I am very protective of myself, of people around me and like a mother-hen, I will be quick to take someone who is being treated poorly by others under my wing.

In just life, I am multi-lingual, having lived in many different places and not native to the United States, though I live there now and perhaps to stay. I'm fairly educated though I believe that the structure of education should be merely guidelines and that people should be encouraged to explore the vast seas of what is available and yet unknown for their own.

I like to write, a lot and I like when people actually read what I write. I love music! If I had to choose between losing my sight or my hearing, It would be tough but I don't think I could ever go without the feeling I have when listening to a well-constructed piece of music.

I better stop here, because I could write and write indefinitely.
Phoronid
Realm: Silver Hand

Unread post by Phoronid »

Hunter's Name: Phoronid
Server: Silver Hand
Faction: Horde
Favorite Spec: Beast Mastery, of course!
Favorite Pet: The pet that I have had so long that it has become my mascot in the game, my pink plainstrider (Phoeni). It got so synonymous for some guilds on my server, that I have seen two other hunters with pink plainstriders named "Phoronid". He was leveled the "hard way" in classic WoW - when I was 60 and had to level him slowly up from lvl 9. Just that exceedinly slow pet leveling in classic WoW made any "low mob only" pet exceedingly rare, especially any non-cats. I had been pet-jumping before then, since we had to grab new pets to learn pet abilities.

I am also very fond of my Hydralisk, for unique skins, and watching him... them... bicker amongst 'himselves'.

Pet Owned the Longest: (See the previous question.)
Playing Since: November 2004
Most Excited for in Cataclysm: New pets, New vanity pets (126 and counting!), new mounts (102 and counting!), Worgen, Quest lore progression, and finally being able to tame all the pets I want!

The change from 2 pets in classic (with one spot claimed by "pets tamed only to learn new pet abilities", all the way to 25 pets is such an amazing joy - anyone who started later then that may never know the pure joy in the changes!

Other stuff: Thank you *so* much for being the only reliable resource I can find for hunter pet information, both petopia proper and the forums for the weirdness and oddities. While petopia has been a staple for me for years, I wish I had found the link for the forums earlier! (I stumbled upon my Hydra pet, literally mis-clicking the beast lore button while doing the Oracles quest and nearly falling out of my chair when I saw "can be tamed". Needless to say, my current pet got tossed really fast!)
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Main: Cialbi
Faction: Ironforge. The rest of the Alliance is okay, I guess
Server: Cenarion Circle (US). Have a Horde warlock on Silver Hand, but he's sitting at 21 or so for the time being
Favorite Spec: Beast Mastery will always be Cialbi's primary spec
Favorite Pet: Argolak, my blue armored boar. We had to part ways once when I found a wayward spirit beast in Grizzly Hills, but I tracked him down later. All's well that ends well.
Pet Owned Longest: Well, that probably goes to Timber. Renamed him at various points throughout the game. Wound up abandoning him at some point, then the world blew up and I can't find him now :| Stupid gnomes drove off his wolf pack
Joined WoW: Early summer of 2009. Cialbi was my first character

Summary: As of this writing, I am a college freshman, with an intended major in biochemistry. Cancer research has a pretty big appeal to me. I am a member of King County Explorer Search & Rescue, and hope to get more involved with that come summer.
As far as WoW is concerned, I am mainly active on these forums, and Wowhead's hunter forum. I am not a big raider, partially thanks to my college schedule. However, I do enjoy soloing, and to that end have taken a particular interest in Cialbi's pets. WoW for me is an opportunity to play with diverse friends - pets is a bit of a side hobby.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

Ok here goes.

Hunter's Name: Ickabob
Server: Muradin
Faction: For the Alliance!
Current Favorite Spec: I've played them all, but my heart will always be with BM.
Current Favorite Pet: Hiro (black warpstalker)
Pet Owned the Longest: Goreclaw named after the mob of the same name. (See my avatar)
How long I've been playing: Since about 2 months before BC.
Favorite thing to do in game: Hanging out with my pets and experiencing everything the game has to offer.
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

Hunter's name: Kalhoun
Server name: My hunter is on Wyrmrest Accord
Faction side: I play both, but my hunter is Alliance
Current Favorite Spec: Beastmastery
Current Favorite Pet: Moonshine the Core Hound (the Kurken)

Summary: I have been playing hunters since the "good old days" when you had to tame different beasts to learn their skills, and every hunter had Brokentooth. I've also been using the Petopia site for just as long, and have been a lurker on this forum since it began. I used to raid as a hunter during BC, and between using this site along with BRK's blog, I was the resident BM nerd.

I stopped playing hunters during Wrath. A combination of burn out and class changes just did them in for me. I did manage to get my old main to 75, but I mostly played my rogue. I did still read Mania's blog, keeping updated on what was going on with hunters. Even though I wasn't playing one, they still were one of my favorite classes.

Now that the Cata patch dropped, I've fallen in love with the class again. I started a human hunter the first day I could, and leveled him to his early 40s. I enjoyed it so much, I race changed my old main into him. A manic pet taming spree commenced, and Kalhoun is now 79 1/2, and his favorite beastie to run around with is Moonshine, the wolf-headed core hound.

My old main had done quite a bit in BC, and this included becoming exalted with the Skyguard. I was pretty sure I had done some of the Gezzarak quest chain, but wasn't sure how far. It turned out that all I had left was the part where you actually summon her. Soon I had all the scrolls needed, and I tried the tame. Her knock back got me a total of 6 times, even with a haste potion.

Then it dawned on me that Moonshine had Ancient Hysteria, and that would help increase my haste even further. A quick search on this forum confirmed that it could work, and so I gave it a go. Popped Ancient Hysteria, dismissed Moonshine, and mashed the tame button. A few pink hearts later and Gezzarak was mine. She's been renamed Guinness to keep with my pets "booze" theme.

My next tame? Skoll. Wish me luck!

So thanks, Mania, and to all of you hunters who post here. I hope to to keep playing Kalhoun well into Cata. It feels good to be "huntering" again.
Kogamei
Realm: Twisting Nether

Unread post by Kogamei »

Hunter's Name: Jardor is my main, but scince cata I made a new hunter named Kogamei <suprizingly enough>
Server: Twisting Nether/burning legion
Faction: Horde
Current Favorite Spec: marksman < me Liek da pvp>

been using this site for the longest, while not the only one of its type it is one of the best.
been getting some of the new pets, a mining monkey and a Black fox as of yesterday
favorite type of pet (speaking in the way of creatures) is a 3 way tie between Spiders/Gorillas/Wolfs
Nevyc
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: VentCo

Unread post by Nevyc »

Hunter's name: Nevyc
Server name: Blackwater Raiders
Faction side: FOR THE HORDE!!!
Current Favorite Spec: Beastmastery, but really enjoy them all.
Current Favorite Pet: Gondria (I renamed her Lita, after Lita Ford).
Pet Owned the Longest: Humar (I named him Chakul.)

Summary: Nevyc is my primary alt, and at times, I've toyed with him becoming my main. But, my main is a fairly established character on BWR and has accomplished alot (relatively speaking), so it's hard to give him up. Plus, at this point, I play a way better rogue then hunter :)

I'm an avid reader of these boards, but an infrequent poster. Love the artwork and how much you all love the class. Rock on, and remember to flare often!
Bonehunter
Realm: Frostwolf

Hello! I'm Bonehunter

Unread post by Bonehunter »

Hunter's Name: Bonehunter (Night Elf, Level 75)
Server: Frostwolf
Faction: Alliance
Favorite Spec: Beast Mastery
Favorite Pet: Uvulos (Corehound) - Bright green lava is the coolest!
Pet Owned the Longest: Prowler (Cat) - First pet and main pet until about level 50.
Playing Since: August 2010
Most Excited for in Cataclysm: 20 stable slots!!!!!! Shale Spiders

I've enjoyed WoW immensely since I started, had always wanted to be an Elf who shot arrows (Legolas), and the Avatar-inspired (or vice versa) Night Elves were perfect. The Beastmaster thing seemed secondary, but became quite an obsession. Probably the single most fun thing that ever happened to me in the game was after I got Beast Mastery, going all over Azeroth looking for and taming exotics. The biggest thrill was Uvulos in Outland, who had killed me a few times (this was before I noticed that the quest was for 3 players). Taming him was a near-death experience, but well worth it, for he is the coolest pet ever. Also amazing was getting a white chimera in Winter-? - which is my main questing pet. The second most fun thing in the game was going back for the rest of the exotics, including taming Tyrantus (green dinosaur!), and then spending a VERY long time waiting for Arcturus to spawn. I'm completely pet obsessed, and it's about 90% of what I like about the game right now. My goal in WoW is to tame ALL of the spirit beasts for my stable.
Hershel
Realm: Nesingwary (Horde), Staghelm (Horde)

Unread post by Hershel »

Hunter's name: Levon
Server name: Staghelm
Faction side: Horde
Current Favorite Spec: Beast Mastery. After all, half of a hunter is their pet!
Current Favorite Pet: Laelaps, my Bayne that I got as soon as I hit 11. Never gonna leave him, nor let him leave. >:)

Summary: I suppose it should be said that I leveled a paladin first. A holy paladin, mid BC. Uphill. In the rain. And I liked it. Therefore, it is safe to assume that I'd put just as much patience into my hunter, especially regarding the actual hunt. My stables shall be full of rare and special pets soon enough! /cackle

I'm no newcomer to the hunter class, though. It's not much, but before my account got hacked and messed the heck up I had a level 60-something BElf BM hunter, corehound and golden worm and all. Since that fateful day, and my subsequent "quitting" (ha; it's near impossible to quit WoW), I have returned with a new attitude towards WoW in general. This is a game. It has its ups, it has its downs. But it's all for fun.

P.S. I've been using Petopia as my no.1 hunter resource since I made my BElf, and I've been lurking the forums for about as long. Thank you all for being so awesome!
Vasken
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Vasken »

Hunter's Name: Vasken. (Level 84 troll hunter- soon to be 85!)
Server Name: Argent Dawn (EU).
Faction Side: HORDE!
Current Favourite Spec: Survival. I never understood BM's rotation!
Current Favourite Pet: Despite the rare pets, I've fallen in love with a simple Crocolisk from Uldum, named Sandbag.

Summary: Long time lurker! Finally caved in and made an account this morning. Have played WoW for roughly three years, only one of which as a hunter. Managed to obtain nearly all of my pets through this site and its forums, 'tis such a fantastic resource. Would be so lost without it! I'm certainly a noob in terms of PvE/PvP. Heck, I spend the majority of my gametime roleplaying! There's nothing more fun than roastin' a roast on your roastin', flamin' boar! Ahem.

I myself am halfway through my second year of a four-year degree in Biomathematics- a subject I simply cannnot stand! Usually occupy myself with doodlin' and painting when camping rare spawns and studying. I'll find you one day, King Krush!

Floof the Sambas!

Vasken - Troll Hunter - Argent Dawn EU

DeviantART || Skreel's Dragon Lair

shardust
Realm: Blade's Edge EU

Unread post by shardust »

Hunter's name: Shardust (Draenei female)
Server name: Blade's Edge (EU)
Faction side: Alliance
Current Favorite Spec: BM while camping pets and SV while doing dungeons.
Current Favorite Pet: (Terrorpene) Fuoco Fatuo (italian, stands for Will o' the Wisp)
I own all WOTLK spirits beasts (and currently camping King Krush) plus Aotona, and from CATA I snagged Jadefang (plus his minipet) and Terrorpene.

Summary: Italian (female) WoW'er, started in late 2007 with a warrior but stopped for a few months for school, then in 2008 added a game card and made a rogue, but got bored soon enough and decided made an Hunter. She's been my main since then, always has to be the first to get into raids, to be leveled up and to have gold spent on. =P
Ankha, Aotona, Arcturis, Ban'thalos, Gezzarak the Huntress, Ghostcrawler, Ghost Saber, Gondria, Hawkbane, Jadefang, Karkin, Karoma, King Krush, Kirix, Madexx (Red), Magria, Old Cliff Jumper, Olm the Wise, Skoll, Loque'hanak, Sambas, Sian-Rotam, Skarr, The Kurken, Terrorpene.
Shlee
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Shlee »

O', Ahoy!

Hunter's name: Shlee (70-something troll) and Rickets (10-something Goblin alt)
Server name: Argent Dawn (EU)
Faction side: Horde!
Current Favorite Spec: Beaaast Maastery! Not for any particular reason. When I found out BM gets Devilsaurs well... That was it.
Current Favorite Pet: Gosh.. Erm.. Don't make me choose! Sigvard, a humble red raptor, has been my longest and most loved pet. First pet I ever tamed, I've never yet told him I was actually looking for the yellow raptor that occasionally spawns (Spawned?) around the banks o' the Near-Orgrimmar-Sorta river. Being on a RP server, he's subsequently developed quite the personality of his own. If even only in my own head!
And Bakar, my lovable dribbly Devilsaur, whom currently stands as my 'main' companion.

Summary: I'm usually much more interested in RP than any sorts o' PvP or PvE, but am certainly slightly addicted to pet-hunting. Been on WoW since... Uh... Just.. Over a year? Heck! I don't even know. I have Vasken to blame for getting me joinin' in the first place. (Gosh, I see you there! 8U)
I suffer from crippling altistis.
Been lurk-er-ing round this place for a fair while.
Currently studying Art Foundation and hoping to venture further into Graphic Design / Illustration / Eh whatnot.
My hobbies include producing reems of atrocious doodles, aquarium fish-keeping and (Recently) flying around and round and round Sholazar gabbling ridiculous troll-accented /y's attempting to act as effective Krush-Bait (And so far failing miserably)

Daffy Troll hunter, and beloved devilsaur Bakar.

Licorice
Realm: Elune

Unread post by Licorice »

Hunter's name: Licorice.
Server name: Elune-US.
Faction side: Alliance.
Current Favorite Spec: Beast-Mastery, has been since the start.
Current Favorite Pet: Just started playing my hunter again, still unknown as of right now - though I love her spider.

Summary: My name is Olivia, I've been playing World of Warcraft for about two years now - quickly coming up on three. My main is a restoration druid named Tealeaf, but my hunter was my first character that I ever leveled to 80. Though, I retired her for my druid she's recently come out of retirement and is quickly becoming one of my favorite toons again! I love Beast Mastery, and am addicted to finding unique looking pets or ones that I find to be eye-catching myself.

I am looking forward to lurking on the forums, and as we speak I'm currently camping (with two of my very dear friends) Skoll in Storm Peaks. The forum is entertaining me a I do! I just wanted to pop in, and say hi and I look forward to getting to know people on the forums!
Xelophant82
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bloodhoof

Unread post by Xelophant82 »

Main's Name: Xelophant - 85 Male Undead Warlock
Hunter's name: Xeah - 85 Female Undead
Server name: Bloodhoof - US
Faction side: Horde, haven't found a taste for alliance yet.
Current Favorite Spec: BM has been pretty fun, secondary will probably be SV
Current Favorite Pet: Skoll - Xodin
Played Since: Wrath Launch
Other Characters of note: Crysmir - 80 Male Undead Rogue

What can I say about me? I'm an achievement whore. Xelo has 7.5 k points right now and I want to work on more raiding stuff with him. My hunter is brand new, started her the day of The Shattering and got her to 80 right before Cata. I also love to collect things in the game. I think that's why I love my hunter so much because I can gather new and exciting pets! My warlock has tons of mounts and pets himself. I mainly like to raid and find whatever new achievement is out that is interesting to complete. I prefer ranged to melee classes which is why I never played a tank all that much. Healing has been interesting though.

I mainly came here to learn what I can about this interesting aspect of the game I never really thought about. Hunters have a lot to play around with for sure. I also came here to work with my gf to help each other find pets and such that we are looking for. She is also a hunter on my server. Girmoo - 85 Female Tauren. I hope to try and help the community with whatever I can and so far I like this forum.
Girmoo
Realm: BloodHoof

Unread post by Girmoo »

Main's Name: Girmoo - 85 Female Tauren Hunter
Hunter's name: See above :P
Server name: Bloodhoof - US
Faction side: Horde
Current Favorite Spec: MM and then Survival
Current Favorite Pet: Right now it would have to be Uhk'loc (I named him StayPuff lol)
Played Since: I guess about May 09
Other Characters of note: Just a bunch of low level alts

I play WOW with my bf a lot and have just started collecting what few rare pets MM hunters can get. I've tried playing other classes but always come back to my hunters cus I end up missing my pets too much lol. Um I like playing on my 360 when I'm not playing wow. I also love the Tauren race for some reason, I guess cus I was raised around cows growing up, idk just love em' :)