Devaki
Realm: Nazjatar

Re: Introduce yourself here newcomers!

Unread post by Devaki »

Main's Name: Devaki - 85 Female Blood Elf
Hunter's name: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Server name: Nazjatar - US
Faction side: Horde
Current Favorite Spec: Just switched from MM to SV...haven't really tried BM yet, so we'll see :-) lol
Current Favorite Pet: Tempest (formerly Rak'Shiri), and my new Welker (formerally Terrorpene) is awesome. :-)
Played Since: December 09
Other Characters of note: I have an 80 Pally, then slowly lvling my others.

So nice to find a place where people will understand my love of my pets and the why the trouble of taming rares lol:-) My bf got me to finally try wow a year ago, and have trying out different characters, my hunter ended up my main. I liked it best.

I'm still upset about the change of Rak'Shiri's skin...she was my first rare to tame and I love her! I miss her pretty color....but I'm not going to go tame a different one just to get the color. Tempest has been with me for awhile, and I was camped for 48h for her. :-)
xystery
Realm: Archimonde and Nesingwary

Unread post by xystery »

Main's Name: Xystery - 85 Male Troll
Hunter's name: Xystery
Server name: Archimonde - US
Faction side: Horde
Current Favorite Spec: SV is my favorite but i like BM for hunting the rares
Current Favorite Pet: Zaids (formerly Winna's Kitten) i wanted her before she was tamable so very happy with the change!
Played Since: I started playing a little in 08 but only for about a week and only Leveled to 9 then quit and came back in Nov of this year.
Other Characters of note: Xystery - 07 Troll Hunter on Nesingwary - US

I have been using your forums for about a month and thanks for making them, they have proved a very helpful resource for a noob hunter.
Neko
Realm: Moonguard, Kirin Tor

Unread post by Neko »

Main's Name: Corealinas Currently lvl 72 Draenei Hunter
Hunter's name: ^^^
Server name: Moonguard-Wanted to try out an active server.
Faction side: Alliance
Current Favorite Spec: Beast Master
Current Favorite Pet: Fluffykins (wolf from HFR) Just had to tame him before i even made a hunter.
Played Since: Vanilla. Not quite sure the date.
Other Characters of note: Nekonat lvl 85 Druid-Kirin Tor

Browsing these forums since before I became a hunter. Now that I am hooked on being a hunter I just had to join.
Draenei, 25000 years old and that's not even middle aged.
Raederle
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nesignwary

Unread post by Raederle »

Hunter's name: Alliance: Neshama / Horde: Raederle
Server name: Nesingwary (a few alts on Velen)
Faction side: Alliance mostly
Current Favorite Spec: BM 4tw
Current Favorite Pet: Snappy the Turtle and Stabby the Crab
Played since: Dec '09.

I have a pretty demanding job and a bad case of alt-aholic disease so I have yet to get a toon out of the 30s but now that I've found the awesomeness that are hunters I hope to be seeing the upper levels of WoW one of these days. :)

I live in California and work for a software company. Married, no kids, several fur babies. Hubby got a hunter to 80 and left WoW :( I'm hoping Cataclysm will tempt him back.
What we choose to fight is so tiny!
What fights us is so great!
-- Rilke
Dvalin
Realm: Lightbringer EU

Unread post by Dvalin »

Hunter's name: Dvalin, Dwarf
Server name: Lightbringer EU
Faction side: Both
Current Favorite Spec: BM
Current Favorite Pet: Hobbes (Sabre Tiger) Nehekri (Red Madexx)
Played since: July 2006

Hey all,
I'm a long time fan of petopia and rare hunting although these days I tend to go for what I want to run around with rather than getting a pet just cos he/she is rare. My first long camping session was at level 23 for Humar the pridelord, I sat in the Barrens for 3 days camping him. I think I tamed most of the rares in Vanilla save for a couple of scorpids and grunter. I used to raid but since I decided to return to University a couple of years back I don't get as much time to play so I pretty much do my own thing.

I currently live, work and attend uni in the north of England I'm fortunate enough to have a GF who plays WoW as well. My hunter, Dvalin, was my 2nd character after my warrior got boring at level 50 and we've been roaming Azeroth and beyond, exploring the in game world together for over 3 and a half years now.
Andine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonglade

Unread post by Andine »

Dvalin wrote:Hunter's name: Dvalin, Dwarf
Nice to meet someone who knows Dwarves weren't invented by Tolkien.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Andine wrote:
Dvalin wrote:Hunter's name: Dvalin, Dwarf
Nice to meet someone who knows Dwarves weren't invented by Tolkien.
Dvalin is also the name of one of the dwarves that accompanied Bilbo Baggins, not just the guy in Norse mythology. ;)

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Andine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonglade

Unread post by Andine »

Saturo wrote:Dvalin is also the name of one of the dwarves that accompanied Bilbo Baggins, not just the guy in Norse mythology. ;)
Ah, crud. Never mind then. ;P
Gilnean
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by Gilnean »

Main's Name: Gilnean
Hunter's name: ^^
Server name: Alonsus - EU
Current Favorite Spec: Beast Master
Current Favorite Pet: Terrorpene
Played Since: Vanilla. (on my paladin)
Krazeehorse
Realm: Azshare

Unread post by Krazeehorse »

Hunter's name: Alliance: Krazeehorse/ Horde: Krazeehorse
Server name: Azshara Alliance and Skullcrusher Horde
Faction side: Alliance mostly
Current Spec: BM
Current Pet: Frostbite CoreHound
Played since: awhile...

My horde hunter is a bloodelf... and on hiatus; as I focus on my dwarf hunter.. most challenging pet to tame was Uvuros.. tg for haste pots and armor.
Makronette
Realm: The Sha'tar

Unread post by Makronette »

Hunter's Name: Main Hunter is Dijala, she be a Troll mon!
Server: The Sha'tar EU
Faction: Horde, duh :P
Current Favorite Spec: BM always has been my fave
Current Favorite Pet: Tarkorn my pet Terrorpene
Pet Owned the Longest: Loque'nahak, I had a tendency to change pets a lot while leveling, yay for large stables now :P
How long I've been playing: Since original WoW, used to use my parents account so didn't get far in the game till about a month before TBC when I finally got my own account.
Favorite thing to do in game: Collecting rare pets/mounts/non combat pets, Leveling and Dungeons, don't RP much as I've not had the head to do it for a while.

I've had a love for Hunters for years now, Dijala used to be a Night Elf, but server transferred her and faction changed her not long after faction changes came out, I have be tempted to go back to Ally as a Worgen (I love Worgen), I have multiple Hunters across 3 realms because I love them so much (Shamans are my other fave class), right now I'm stuck between leveling characters, I have so many 80s it's hard to pick just one to level so I keep jumping from one to another at the moment, determined to make Dij my first level 85 though as I just have to get the other rare beasts like Sambas, Madexx and Ghostcrawler :D

"Ya will spend ya reign glancin' over ya shoulda an' fearin' tha shadows, for when tha time comes an' ya blood be slowly drainin' out, ya will know exactly who fired da arrow dat pierced ya heart."Vol'jin <3

Samarachan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Samarachan »

Main's Name: Samaramon, 85 Draenei Priest
Hunter's name: Samarachan - my main hunter, Samaratan, my second hunter
Server name: Blade's Edge EU
Current Favorite Spec: BM forevaaa. Seriously, nothing compares.
Current Favorite Pet: Love Terrorpene, but also have a strange attraction to blue Madexx, and for some reason, Goshy from Loch Modan. Idk, they're all my babies and I love them all the same.
Played Since: Played on private servers since 06, started on PTR in 08 for Wotlk, never looked back.
Other Characters of note: Anything that begins with Sama- is probably mine :P

Been saing all my tame stories, screenshots and stuff for one mega giga tldr thread, so expect one as soon as my second hunter hits 85 and her stables are full.

I love this forum and everyone on it, Petopia is like my bible. Nothing else compares to this god-tier site.

Thanks for it <3
Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Main's Name: I don't have mains, all are equal.
Hunter's name: Mozag, Lazuli, Lomelinda, Lindorindel and Eadgyth.
Server name: The Sha'Tar EU, Argent Dawn EU, Ravenholdt EU, Shadowsong EU, Kul Tiras EU and Steamwheedle Cartel EU.
Faction side: Both.
Current Favorite Spec: Beast Mastery.
Current Favorite Pet: Mort the red hyena, Amber the colour-changing monkey, Sweetpea the white worg, Gabilgathol the white serpent and Torch the red Outland raptor.
Played Since: The beginning of WotLK.
Last edited by Mozag on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Elfik
Realm: Misha

Unread post by Elfik »

Main's name: Elfik
Guildmain's name: Knights of Erebus
Server name: Misha
Faction side:Alliance all the way
Current Favorite Spec: Beast Mastery
Current Favorite Pet: Loqneque-Loqneque or however u spell it. (Don't judge me, I like naming boss monsters their proper names.
Raziya
Realm: Ravencrest

Unread post by Raziya »

Main's Name: Raziya - 85 troll priest
Hunter's name: Malaika, 85 troll hunter
Server name: Ravencrest, US
Faction side: For the horde, baby!
Current Favorite Spec: I've loved BM since I started playing WoW, back in patch 1.4! :P
Current Favorite Pet: Loque, named Digger, after my kitty who died last year. She's now my spirit kitty in game.
Played Since: 1.4 - May of 2005! I had an old NE hunter on Bloodhoof that was my old main named Raziya, but I rolled a priest and then made her my main after the abuse I used to get as a hunter in vanilla wow. I love the hunter class though and Mala is my favorite alt.
Other Characters of note: Raziya, my main. I collect vanity pets...151 and counting!

I've been lurking here for months, just never really got around to posting. I read here almost every day and I like seeing other people who are obsessed with taming different hunter pets like I am! I would pay 10k gold for 25 more stable slots...there are not enough!!
Kureha
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Kureha »

Main's Name: Nodame, prot belf paladin
Hunter's name: Kureha
Server name: Azuremyst EU
Faction side: Horde but enjoy alliance alts aswell
Current Favorite Spec: Survival
Current Favorite Pet: Sanyun (Sambas) and fresh-tamed Gnomecrusher (King Krush)

Been playing since january 2009 I think. Raiding only with main cos I love tanking but lost all interest when Cata came... so I've been focusing on my hunter and tracking down the rares to get that perfect collection. Now that I'm pretty much done with it, might change back to gearing up the tank since guildies occasionally beg me to start again. I'm a geek, woman and live in a cold, cold place. Prefer my old crappy ps2 over men nowadays.
Snackattack
Realm: Chamber of Aspects

Unread post by Snackattack »

Main's Name: Snackattack
Hunter's name: ^^
Server name: Chamber of Aspect - EU
Current Favorite Spec: Marksmanship
Current Favorite Pet: Skoll
Played Since: Vanilla. (warlock) but I had a lot of long breaks inbetween.

Well hello there my name is Snackattack, you can call me snack if you want. I am a long time world of warcraft player but a short time hunter player. I started playing a hunter at the end of WoTLK (after the focus update) and I fell in love immediatly. I have now changed my old main. My little warlock Mitica to Snackattack my worgen hunter. I am not that much of a rare hunter but I have completed my personal stable already which consists of these wonderfull beasts.

- Skoll
- Loque'nahak
- Ghostcrawler
- Terrorpene
- That purple chimaera from outland.

and that's pretty much it in the rare department. I am a fairly regular player and a long time lurker of this website and after a lot of lurking I thought hey why not join? Hope to make some friends here!

Greetings!
Switz
Realm: Kazzak

Unread post by Switz »

Hunter's name: Zekku
Server name: Kazzak
Faction side: Horde. Used to be alliance, but fell in love with the badass horde side hehe
Current Favorite Pet: Ghostcrawler
Pet Owned the Longest: Tyrant Devilsaur
How long I've been playing: around 5 yrs :) and still going strong
Favorite thing to do in game: Looking for new cool pet´s, finding new friends to hunt with and casual dungeon´s and raid´s

Btw Where do all you hunters play ?? I would love to join a guild where i share the same passion as other hunters in Petopia :)
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

A little late to the party here...

Main's name: Veeka
Server name: Moon Guard
Faction side: Horde, though I have a Worgen Druid.
Current Favorite Spec: Survival. I've been Surv since it was a 'terribad' PvE spec simply because it fits with my character, who is a Bomb Technician. I offspec BM for soloing content though.
Current Favorite Pet: Lavender Felboar, Maevis. He's my BC/WotLK Heroic tank. I should probably use a turtle or a beetle since his buff is sort of wasted, but I love him too much. For DPS, my sabercat Vitriol is my new favorite.

Summary:
I stay up way too late lusting after things I'm not talented enough to get, like the blue proto-drake. IRL I'm not a very funny person, and a lot of people would probably call me a bit of a jerk - Online though, I generally try to be as polite as possible. I've been known to go on spontaneous generosity sprees, and have drained Mechano-Hog savings to help a friend get closer to his 100th mount without a second thought(he looks great on that Dragonhawk, though!). Secretly I'm really greedy and am hoping someone will throw a Hog at me in return for being really easy to mooch off of. :D I am a social recluse and will probably die alone with a million dogs and a pet camel. I draw, but I'm bad at that too.

I'm really bad at playing the game. I roleplay a half-Orc half-Draenei, which despite existing in Lore I still get sneered at for. Up until last year I keyboard turned and moved with the arrow keys, and keybinds are still mostly foreign to me though I have some of my main shots bound. I'm sitting in questing blues and rarely run dungeons because a)I have no friends to do so with and b)there are mounts and pets I can be farming for. I'm waiting for Orc Priests to become available so I can change my main for RP and personal reasons - I love healing...but I'm also not very good at it. I am one hardcore casual.

Oh! I am also an avid collector of non-class bound Priest sets! Tier recolors, oldschool Devout...I have some of them, but I want them allllll.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Kaelys
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Kaelys »

I've sort of lurked here forever and just recently signed up. And felt a little weird just showing up and posting stuff, so here goes:

Hunter's name: Kaelys; also Kaenn (and I have a warlock I adore named Maenn) (also various other trolls, blood elves and forsaken here and there)
Server name: Feathermoon
Faction side: Horde!
Current Favorite Spec: BM on Kaelys; SV on Kaenn (affliction on Maenn)
Current Favorite Pet: Squee the purple Shale Spider; Rebekah the Cat (Bheedhun, the most awesome felpuppy in the world)
Pet Owned the Longest: Kaelys has had Fang the Bat since level 10 and the insane flappy creature is always by his side in PvP; Lilith the Bear, several level capped friends took me on the terrifying journey to Dun Morogh as soon as Kaenn was high enough to tame her (Zigtai the Imp, but no one likes that noisy, creepy little thing)
How long I've been playing: Since release (on a dwarf hunter at that point), took a 6 month break before Burning Crusade, then rolled Kaelys and haven't looked back. I alse loved the Warcraft RTS games.
Favourite thing to do in game: Rp; PvP; get cool mini-pets and mounts; track down strange creatures that suit my hunters' stables; quest on my various alts; find pretty things for my warlock's ever expanding wardrobe; explore; do archaeology and fish. I am a non-raid-y, minimal instance-y sort of person.