Shot rotaion problems :D

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Shot rotaion problems :D

Unread post by Ana »

Currently i make around 3.5k with BM... more if there are more aoe then single targets

With Survival or MM i only just barely touch 3k.. often on 2.5 and 2.7

i dont like scripts so i wondered what rotations are used for BM and Survival

Usually on bm i do Serpentsting- Steadyshot til serpent sting runs out .. then rense and repeat

on survival i do, black arrow - serpent sting -explosive arrow- steadyshot - rense and repeat - unless lock and load pops them i just use explosive arrow :D

some advice would be appriciated... Also if i can do higher dps with my current gear? My armory link :
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... 3%A5rnfalk

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Nimizar
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore - US

Re: Shot rotaion problems :D

Unread post by Nimizar »

For BM - use Arcane every CD once SrS is up
For SV - use Explosive every CD, even if BA and SrS aren't up yet (i.e. start with it, then fill in the DoTs as you can). Also use Aimed (if you have it) or Multi (if you don't and there is no CC to worry about breaking) every CD (this is lower priority than making sure BA and SrS are both up though)

For MM, I believe it is like BM, but Arcane is skipped with enough Armour Pen gear, and you use Chimaera every CD (thus no need to refresh SrS manually).
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

There really isn't a rotation, as much as a shot priority, which basically is 'use attack A before attack B, if both off CD' so, it should go like this:

Hunter's Mark->SrpS>KS>ChS>AimS>ArcS(with enough ArP drop this completely)>SS

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Jakkra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow US

Unread post by Jakkra »

For single targets as survival, this is my shot priority, meaning I use these whenever whenever their CD isn't up.

Kill shot->Black Arrow->Explosive shot->Aimed Shot->Serpent Sting->fill in cooldowns with Steady Shot.

If you get a lock and load proc, use your Explosive shot 3 times in a row, but spaced out enough so that it has time to tick for each one.

For groups of mobs, I generally misdirect the tank, multishot, volley, feign death, and volley some more.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Jakkra wrote:If you get a lock and load proc, use your Explosive shot 3 times in a row, but spaced out enough so that it has time to tick for each one.
I usually cast Aimed or Steady in this gap. Don't you lose DPS while doing nothing?

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Jakkra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow US

Unread post by Jakkra »

Saturo wrote:
Jakkra wrote:If you get a lock and load proc, use your Explosive shot 3 times in a row, but spaced out enough so that it has time to tick for each one.
I usually cast Aimed or Steady in this gap. Don't you lose DPS while doing nothing?
Hmm, I haven't tested it, but the places I looked always said to shoot, wait 2 seconds, shoot, etc. That way there's no GCD to worry about or something. I could be wrong, I don't go hardcore into theory crafting.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

well, I'm not a hardcore raider, but I used to raid a bit (blasted school!) and back before going MM/BM, I would shoot off StS or Aimed in between ExS b/c the GCD is 1.5 sec, u can pop a shot in between

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

I don't raid anymore as BM, but the priority for BM shots is to use all your shots. Don't just serpent sting and steady. You got arcane and multi too! Use those whenever they are off cooldown (unless you need to worry about CC or can't aoe, then don't use multi for that fight).

Best shot priority for survival is as follows:
1. Kill Shot
2. Explosive Shot
3. Black Arrow
4. Serpent Sting (can go before black arrow if you have 2 piece T9)
5. Aimed/Multi-Shot
6. Steady Shot

Reasoning here (full topic http://elitistjerks.com/f74/t90607-surv ... ter_3_3_a/):
The reason you don't use black arrow and serpent sting before explosive shot even though they apply buffs to other shots is that explosive shot is worth such a large proportion of damage compared to other shots that delaying it even one GCD to get a small damage bonus on it turns out to be a net damage loss.

When you get a lock and load proc the highest dps approach is to not intersperse other shots between your explosive shots, but use each explosive shot, wait .5 sec after the GCD expires (or just watch till the debuff is close to wearing off), then use the next one until all your bonus explosive shots have been used up.

If you suffer from high latency you may find it preferable to intersperse the explosive shots with an instant shot if one is available, but using a steady inbetween is still generally not a good idea.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.