Petopia Hunter Conglomerate

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Petopia Hunter Conglomerate

Unread post by Ryno »

This came to me on another forum thread, and I decided to make it its own thread here.

Someone said it'd be nice if we were on the same realm, to help each other out with taming beasts, trying things, camping pets, etc.

I thought, why don't some of us make a guild on a realm, composed of hunter alts (and other class alts to help with taming and such) to help such an idea? We could work together on taming things for fun, testing, etc.
Not to mention, it just sounds like a fun idea overall to me. :D

What would needed to be decided is:

What realm will we roll on?
What name will there be for the guild?
Who will lead it?

If anyone has additional comments or ideas for this, please post here!

My ideas though:
It should be a normal realm, as PvP and RP (not to mention RPPVP) realms would provide elements some people may not agree with.

As for a name, I was thinking something referring to the forum, so people can see clearly what the guild is about, and perhaps even visit it themselves if compelled to. Such as, <Petopia Forum Guild>, or something similar (or if someone thinks of something really clever, that works too, hehe).

The person leading it would have to monitor a few things, organizing events, organizing various other things, etc. I would be willing to do it, but of course if someone else wants to I wouldn't want to deny them that.

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Petopia Hunter Conglomerate

Unread post by Vephriel »

We also have to decide Horde or Alliance. xD

My vote's Horde. ;)
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Vephriel wrote:We also have to decide Horde or Alliance. xD

My vote's Horde. ;)
That occurred to me after I stepped away. :lol:

Horde would be the most appropriate side I agree. People who like pretty can be belves, plus the troll racial (for the moment) helps with taming some nasty beasts... and I just like the horde more. ;)

rubybeam

Unread post by rubybeam »

yeah i do like horde better although my main is allince i tend to find the horde less creepy than the allince
Awesome signature by the awesome pengupuff!
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

id be glad to run an alliance side version :D
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master

Unread post by Ryno »

Zangor wrote:id be glad to run an alliance side version :D
I wouldn't want two guilds for this, one would probably be enough for most people. Picking horde though gives a pretty race and some wicked looking ones, so it seems the smartest choice to me. We pick alliance, and you have to be pretty... :?

Raze
Realm: Farstriders

Unread post by Raze »

I'm Horde almost exclusively but I'll play devil's advocate.

A dwarf is hardly pretty, and they can be hunters. I don't have enough time to play another alt but if were to join this theoretical guild and it were Alliance side that's certainly what I'd roll as. It's hard to say this without it potentially coming out the wrong way, but I wouldn't call their women "pretty" either. Certainly not in the way you'd describe most of Warcraft's ladies.

I'd be more tempted if it were Alliance side, though. My highest level non-Death Knight Alliance toon was 23.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master

Unread post by Ryno »

Raze wrote:I'm Horde almost exclusively but I'll play devil's advocate.

A dwarf is hardly pretty, and they can be hunters. I don't have enough time to play another alt but if were to join this theoretical guild and it were Alliance side that's certainly what I'd roll as. It's hard to say this without it potentially coming out the wrong way, but I wouldn't call their women "pretty" either. Certainly not in the way you'd describe most of Warcraft's ladies.

I'd be more tempted if it were Alliance side, though. My highest level non-Death Knight Alliance toon was 23.
Good point, hehe.

Well, as an update, I went ahead and made a DK on the US-Nesingwary Realm for the sake that it was a normal realm, and Nesingwary, well he's quite a famous NPC hunter. ;)
Gonna test the waters, see how people are, run around. Ask questions. It's as good as any I suppose, hehe.

If the realm looks good, I'll go ahead and start leveling gathering professions on the DK for some starting money for the guild. Unless, of course, people come up with reasons why it wouldn't be a good realm, or had better ideas of their own.

Vephriel

I like the idea of the Nesingwary server, very fitting. :D

EDIT: Guild name...what about something like 'Petopians'? Petopia sounds like some sort of paradise location, and petopians could be its inhabitants. xD
rubybeam

Unread post by rubybeam »

i love the idea of the guild name heck i alreadly got caught up in this is and createing an orc hunter on the nesingwary relm
Awesome signature by the awesome pengupuff!
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master

Unread post by Ryno »

rubybeam wrote:i love the idea of the guild name heck i alreadly got caught up in this is and createing an orc hunter on the nesingwary relm
Haha, ok. My DK's name is Whododavoodo, send him a letter if you want. I'll get a friend list going. It *might* not be the one we use, or even horde, but for now it'll keep me busy. ;)

Vephriel

I went ahead and started a Death Knight as well - Blood Elf named Deathriel. ;)
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master

Unread post by Ryno »

Vephriel wrote:I went ahead and started a Death Knight as well - Blood Elf named Deathriel. ;)
Mmk. The main point of a DK for me there was to get money from questing/gathering mats. I'll probably make a hunter later, and perhaps a mage for portals and sheeping (if noone in the following days has a better idea for realm/faction). I do like the name <Petopians> and will probably start a guild named that, hehe. Again, if we change our minds, nothing too big will be lost.

Vephriel

Yeah, whenever I start off on a new server I always make a Death Knight first for that bit of income to begin with. ^^; I'll certainly be making a hunter as well. :)
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

im not gonna join in on this as i have a long history of shouting "suck it horde" when im mad and i always have played alliance
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Best not then Zangor, personaly hunters dont have the luxury of picking sides, we are to busy fending off those calling us huntards GGgrrrrrrrr :evil:
I do like this idea though :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

Aw man, one of those times when I hate being on the EU realms. :( Looks like I'm the only one there too. <.<
Vephriel

Spiritbinder wrote:Best not then Zangor, personaly hunters dont have the luxury of picking sides, we are to busy fending off those calling us huntards GGgrrrrrrrr :evil:
I do like this idea though :)
Heh, too true. Despite my full loyalties to the Horde, I always feel a bond with fellow hunters. I never kill an Alli hunter unless they're the ones being a jerk, and usually I do a friendly wave to any I see.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master

Unread post by Ryno »

Zangor wrote:im not gonna join in on this as i have a long history of shouting "suck it horde" when im mad and i always have played alliance
Bah, sorry to hear that.

I encourage everyone to make an alt of some kind for the guild, if just to have there. If you played it every so often that wouldn't be so bad either. ;)

Edit: Made a new thread for the guild. Keep posting here only if you have an idea for another realm/faction/etc., and perhaps some reasoning behind it.

Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

I would really like to know if anyone here plays on the EU realms. It would be wonderful to have an EU counterpart to the guild!