Signatures By Serenith!! [CURRENTLY CLOSED-BUT NOT FOREVER]

This is the place to request an avatar, get opinions on your signatures ... anything involving forum art!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US, Bloodsail Buccaneers Classic

Re: Signatures By Serenith!! [Grand Re-Opening!]

Unread post by Serenith »

You're very welcome!

Again, I'm really glad you requested! It made me anxious at first seeing the pets look totally different in WMV cause I recall how some pets just don't render properly. Usually it is do to some graphic thingy [I'm sure there is a word for this] that just doesn't function in WMV. I particularly remember Terrorpene having a similar issue, though there had been a patch for it. I tried to google any fixes for these pets, but the only thing I found was a thread on this site a while back saying the only fix they could think of was to mess with saturation/hue/contrast to make them work. Of course that helped a lot with the pets except for the ghost wolf pup. I had to do a bit more magic on him. I'm super happy with how he turned out. Cause usually pets like him [Karoma for example] actually show up ghostly in WMV, but he did not have a ghostly option! In fact there was really only a regular pup to deal with....

This is exactly how I took him from WMV before sending him to photoshop ;)
ghost wolfpup before.jpg
ghost wolfpup before.jpg (34.64 KiB) Viewed 3597 times
But don't worry though, I needed the challenge!! And now if anyone requests these guys, I will know exactly what to do now!

Adorable avatar by the very talented Lupisdarkmoon! Thanks!

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

All done, zedxrgal!

Not my best avatar ever. Oh and I tried to do Storm Peaks, but not as much lightning as I remember. So I went to Isle of Thunder...cause...thunder. Anyway, it was kinda weird cause I wasn't able to take screen shots there (on my PC). I tried to repair my game and do all this nonsense... but cheese and crackers!! After like an hour of fussing around I realized there was nothing wrong with taking screen shots on my other characters (in other places). It may have been the zone? I dunno. Oh well, I swapped to my mac and took some there cause for whatever reason it worked on that :lol:

Tell me if its to your liking :)

Attachments
GiordanaSIG.png
GiordanaSIG.png (204.68 KiB) Viewed 3599 times
NexusWhelpAV.png
NexusWhelpAV.png (19.3 KiB) Viewed 3599 times

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Perfect! I love them! :hug: Thank you so much!!
Please let me know when /if you become available for more!

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

No one has requested any as of right now, so I have three open spots again :)

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Small Update!

Since I can't figure out how to make the spirit beasts look as good as I used to, I won't take requests for signatures that include any ghostly pets [Karoma, Gondria, Magria, Anhka, Ban'thalos, etc]. Also keep in mind most items with special effects are giving me some trouble. I apologize to those who would have loved to have a spirit beast included, but unfortunately this has been the biggest issue I have encountered since I have returned to sig making.

Edited for typos >.>

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Soon as I make a decision on what some of my other girls will wear I'll post them. :hug:
Thank you again for the gorgeous work

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Are you still up for doing these Serenith? I'd love one made if that's alright! Once you respond I'll post the details.

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Yup! I just checked to see if my backed up files for WMV worked. So far they do! (Thanks Wain!) But considering this is not an updated WMV nothing specifically new for Legion will work. Also I have no perfect fix for spectral/ghostly pets yet since saving with transparent backgrounds is still a no go. So basically I won't be taking transparent pets as part of a request. They just don't look as good as I used to make them :C

Anyway, let me know what you want and I will see what I can do! Might be a slight delay in starting it because I have to write a 3-4 page paper that is due by 11:30pm tomorrow...and I haven't started it yet >.>

Silivren

Serenith wrote:Yup! I just checked to see if my backed up files for WMV worked. So far they do! (Thanks Wain!) But considering this is not an updated WMV nothing specifically new for Legion will work. Also I have no perfect fix for spectral/ghostly pets yet since saving with transparent backgrounds is still a no go. So basically I won't be taking transparent pets as part of a request. They just don't look as good as I used to make them :C

Anyway, let me know what you want and I will see what I can do! Might be a slight delay in starting it because I have to write a 3-4 page paper that is due by 11:30pm tomorrow...and I haven't started it yet >.>

Aww dang, so you can't access pet models coming in Legion? If that's the case I'll have to wait since my hunters two main pets are one of the new wolves and one of the new cats. >_<

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Yeah, I have to wait until WMV gets an update for Legion. Hopefully it won't take too long. :(

You are more than welcome to request something else in the meantime and I can make the one you really want once there is an update! ^_^

Silivren

Serenith wrote:Yeah, I have to wait until WMV gets an update for Legion. Hopefully it won't take too long. :(

You are more than welcome to request something else in the meantime and I can make the one you really want once there is an update! ^_^
Hmm, well I know the new bear models are technically "legion" but since they're available now are they in the new wmv? Or would that need to be updated too with he legion version?

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Right now, everything that is pre patch will work.
Everything that came with the patch doesn't.

The problem is not the availability of models but the WMV that can't access the new data.
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

My version of WMV is connected to a backup file from before pre-patch. Before I changed the path in options, I tested WMV with the newest patch just to be sure, but WMV crashed every time it loaded WoW. So no, I can not access new bears (I looked for them but only see old bears :( )

Carnacki
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dragonblight US

Unread post by Carnacki »

You're still doing this? Good on you. That's some serious dedication.
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Carnacki wrote:You're still doing this? Good on you. That's some serious dedication.
:shock:

I wouldn't say it's serious dedication or anything... There was a long gap between 2011-2016 where I did none at all. I only recently decided to do these again cause I returned to WoW and WMV was working again and I used to have fun with it. I enjoy an excuse to use photoshop.

Carnacki
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dragonblight US

Unread post by Carnacki »

Oh I see. I just remember you doing it back in 2011 and assumed you'd been doing it the entire time.
Silivren

Aww dang, yeah then I'll def have to wait for updated wmv because her main epts are the new bear model, and a wolf/cat coming with Legion. It's a pity, but I can wait. :3

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

No worries. As soon as I got an updated WMV that is functioning properly with new models I'll let y'all know! :D

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Hi Serenith! I'm a big fan of your stuff! I think I already have like three of your sigs, but another one can't hurt, right? :D Your original post suggests you've got a couple of slots open, so if I may, I'd love a signature from you! The problem is, the armory is being a butt right now and not showing any of my characters at all. Soooooo, I'm more than happy to provide screen shots of my character (I'm kinda bad with screen shots though, so bear with me).

The first screen shot is her current armor that I really like. I could probably do without the shoulders since they don't match all that well, but everything else I like. The second screen shot is her face, and the third is her current hairstyle. With the helmet on, that's kind of a moot point, but it's best to include it all anyway! (QUESTION: Would it be possible to get a sig with the helmet and one without, so I can compare? Even if it's a bare-bones unfinished version? I'm not sure which I'll like better because I'm a loserface! On one hand, I like that predator-style helmet, but on the other hand, I don't have any sigs with the new character model updates.) However, I often switch between her current hairstyle (medium length) and the short one, so I'm perfectly happy with either one. :) And as for the jawbone spear, I just used whatever seemed to fit the best out of my narrow selection of transmog pieces, so if you find something that your artistic eye thinks looks better, have at it! I'm just not one for overly garish and ornate weapons.

For the pet, I just want my newest rylak, Kharon. Here is his model! I'd love some sort of outdoorsy/forested background to fit the survival theme, if you could please! My favorite colors are green, red, brown and purple, if that matters in the slightest. And finally, for the character pose, just some sort of attack/action pose. I'm very into this whole "survivalist" thing right now. :lol: So if you feel like the sig could use some extra goodies like traps or anything of that nature, feel free! I trust your judgment. :D And if Kharon could be attacking too without looking contorted and gimpy (might be hard since rylaks already look contorted and gimpy), all the better!

I think that covers everything! If I left anything out, please feel free to let me know. Oh, and no avatar necessary unless you're feeling extra frisky. ;) I leave that entirely up to you!

Thank you so much! I also want to apologize in advance if I don't see your reply right away. I have work and college, so sometimes I'm away from the computer for a couple days. Also, as such, there's no super-duper rush. :hug:
Attachments
SV Transmog.jpg
SV Transmog.jpg (183.25 KiB) Viewed 3597 times
WoWScrnShot_031415_032012.jpg
WoWScrnShot_031415_032012.jpg (279.81 KiB) Viewed 3597 times
Rhyela Transmog.jpg
Rhyela Transmog.jpg (287.56 KiB) Viewed 3597 times

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

I'd be more than happy to make you a sig! I might be able to get the armory link to work. It worked for me a couple days ago when I made my new sig. I find out soon enough though. And I totally get it. I work full time and take part time classes. I'll probably be able to get around to this tomorrow! :)