Signatures By Serenith!! [CURRENTLY CLOSED-BUT NOT FOREVER]

This is the place to request an avatar, get opinions on your signatures ... anything involving forum art!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood EU

Re: Signature's By Serenith!! [On HOLD Again!]

Unread post by Kuraine »

So, so, stunning... You're actually inspiring me to get my request list done! :P

Ex-WoW player since 24-09-11. It's time to move on now. GW2, here I come.
The Stables - 110 Mounts

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US, Bloodsail Buccaneers Classic

Unread post by Serenith »

Well, here it is Mozag.

Sorries, I cant fuss with a top hat... I'm not that good. =P And I hope the poses are along the lines of what you wanted. If anything bothers you, let me know and I can try and fix it. I know its dark, but artistically that was what I was going for, it is in a dungeon after all... and I went with a screenshot from the Stockades.
alburga-confessions.png
alburga-confessions.png (311.22 KiB) Viewed 2601 times

Adorable avatar by the very talented Lupisdarkmoon! Thanks!

Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

Oh wow...

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kuraine »

This isn't fair. >: You're just too good.

The Stables - 110 Mounts

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

:shock:

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

I'm not that good. I mean... most of the stuff I use is really designed by other people. You know... the backgrounds, fonts, patterns, obviously the WoW models... I just put it all together. Guess I don't see it as true talent compared to people who can do pixel art or computer graphics and such. :?

Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kuraine »

Serenith wrote:I'm not that good. I mean... most of the stuff I use is really designed by other people. You know... the backgrounds, fonts, patterns, obviously the WoW models... I just put it all together. Guess I don't see it as true talent compared to people who can do pixel art or computer graphics and such. :?
Same here, I download all the fonts I use. And backgrounds, sometimes I'll use my own screenshots for those, but that doesn't really count.

You seem to be able to do an amazing job though of making everything fit together and finding a perfect colour theme for each signature. Each one looks so different and unique, I'm totally stunned, I really am. And as said before a million times, you do seem to have a special talent in making spectral spirit beasts actually look good. :P

The Stables - 110 Mounts

Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

Serenith wrote:I'm not that good. I mean... most of the stuff I use is really designed by other people. You know... the backgrounds, fonts, patterns, obviously the WoW models... I just put it all together. Guess I don't see it as true talent compared to people who can do pixel art or computer graphics and such. :?
So modest.

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Kuraine wrote:
Same here, I download all the fonts I use. And backgrounds, sometimes I'll use my own screenshots for those, but that doesn't really count.

You seem to be able to do an amazing job though of making everything fit together and finding a perfect colour theme for each signature. Each one looks so different and unique, I'm totally stunned, I really am. And as said before a million times, you do seem to have a special talent in making spectral spirit beasts actually look good. :P
Maybe all my art classes + that color and comp class paid off after all. :D

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

I'd rather hand draw all my names C: Then I don't have to worry about looking threw tons of fonts and never worry what people want, cause they'll always get it since I can draw it!
Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kuraine »

Probably did. :) I've had no such classes in Photoshop what so ever, we use Photoshop a lot in college, but they never taught us how to us it. We had to figure out everything ourselves, and luckily me and my friends had already been using Photoshop a lot over the past years! But a lot of my inspiration for signatures at the moment comes from other signature makers here, and Sookie was the one who originally got me into it, since she was the first person on this site to ever make me my own signature. :)

The Stables - 110 Mounts

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Qinni wrote:I'd rather hand draw all my names C: Then I don't have to worry about looking threw tons of fonts and never worry what people want, cause they'll always get it since I can draw it!
I was never good at animated characters, I always draw more realistically when I do. I did well in life drawing, but I'm bad at anime (my BF is awesome at anime though).

When it comes to the fonts, I like going through my long list of pretty fonts, then adding patterns too them or something. I have no clue if I would even be good at hand drawing them in a computer. :(

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Kuraine wrote:Probably did. :) I've had no such classes in Photoshop what so ever, we use Photoshop a lot in college, but they never taught us how to us it. We had to figure out everything ourselves, and luckily me and my friends had already been using Photoshop a lot over the past years! But a lot of my inspiration for signatures at the moment comes from other signature makers here, and Sookie was the one who originally got me into it, since she was the first person on this site to ever make me my own signature. :)
I'm generally self taught in Photoshop. I originally got the program for my photography. And back then I only used a small amount of tools, burning/dodging/brightness/contrast/hue/and occasionally the clone tool. But now I am using a lot more than I even knew was possible, which is why I am loving making sigs! I had no idea just how much photoshop could do. Every now and then if I don't know how to do something I look it up, like advanced tutorials. But it doesn't take long for me to learn it. Eventually, I want to get a bit more advanced in what I can do... but for now its just fun.

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Qinni »

Serenith wrote:
Qinni wrote:I'd rather hand draw all my names C: Then I don't have to worry about looking threw tons of fonts and never worry what people want, cause they'll always get it since I can draw it!
I was never good at animated characters, I always draw more realistically when I do. I did well in life drawing, but I'm bad at anime (my BF is awesome at anime though).

When it comes to the fonts, I like going through my long list of pretty fonts, then adding patterns too them or something. I have no clue if I would even be good at hand drawing them in a computer. :(
I use a tablet to write my names. See? C:

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

My BF has a tablet... but I don't want to bother lol. Call it laziness, but I just prefer using the pre-made fonts I have for siggys.

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Qinni »

Haha! I hear you, they do look pretty though, how do you get them such a pretty color?
Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kuraine »

Wow Qinni, I love that one where the Q looks like it's going around your character's eye. :)

And I'm also self taught in Photoshop. I'm far from an expert, but that's the fun part, since almost everytime I use it, I learn something new!

The Stables - 110 Mounts

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Kuraine wrote:Wow Qinni, I love that one where the Q looks like it's going around your character's eye. :)

And I'm also self taught in Photoshop. I'm far from an expert, but that's the fun part, since almost everytime I use it, I learn something new!
Exactly, I'm still learning something every time!

Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kuraine »

Question about your avatars though. How do you get the pets to 'pop out' of the sides of the avatar and yet still keep it 100x100 pixels? It's hard to explain what I mean... But take this one of yours, for example. You have Arcturis there poking his head out slightly and Neverforever's hair at the top also pokes out. And also the rounded corners... How do you manage to make them like that and yet keep it easily at 100x100? That's something I've been pondering over for a while now, and I'd like to do something different with avatars too rather than my usually fitting it all inside a 100x100 box, if you know what I mean.

The Stables - 110 Mounts

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Kuraine wrote:Question about your avatars though. How do you get the pets to 'pop out' of the sides of the avatar and yet still keep it 100x100 pixels? It's hard to explain what I mean... But take this one of yours, for example. You have Arcturis there poking his head out slightly and Neverforever's hair at the top also pokes out. And also the rounded corners... How do you manage to make them like that and yet keep it easily at 100x100? That's something I've been pondering over for a while now, and I'd like to do something different with avatars too rather than my usually fitting it all inside a 100x100 box, if you know what I mean.
Its 100x100 pixels but at the same time its not.... Same I technique use for the siggys:

1. I have the first layer as a transparent background. Nothin', nada, zip goes here.
2. Next layer is the background, or the one you visibly see. And this one is probably 98x98 in size. (I'm not 100% sure since sometimes it may be off... but the idea is to have the edge not be exactly 100x100. This way...
3. The objects involved, in this case the bear/neverforever, can overlap the other two layers and even "pop" out of the box. Just the same way I do siggys, but I have more room with sigs and only 100x100 for avatars. I work big then resize. Oh well. Lol :lol:

...blah had to edit an extra word! Hehe...not a black transparent. that makes not sense. I need sleep =P