Question about WMV ... clear model shots?

This is the place to request an avatar, get opinions on your signatures ... anything involving forum art!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Masquerain
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Question about WMV ... clear model shots?

Unread post by Masquerain »

I've been screwing around with WMV for a while and I'm wondering how the heck people are getting clear shots?

Like, when I save as a .png, it looks so transparent. I have to overlay over and over and over again for the image to go opaque, and then it looks terrible. Then I have to try and edit out the new whitespaces and it's just a mess.

How do you get a screenshot of just the model, minus background, and opaque with clear colors?

I feel like I'm missing something extremely simple. Thanks for your help and patience!
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Question about WMV ... clear model shots?

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'll often just do a Print Screen of WMV to grab the image I need since I'm usually shrinking it quite a bit for use in signatures. Then in PSP (or whichever editing program you might use) I use the Magic Wand selection tool to erase the background colour.

If I want a particularly crisp/large model capture then I save a sized screenshot as .bmp, but I've never had any transparency issues.
Masquerain
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Masquerain »

How do you get clean edges with the Magic Wand selection tool, though? When I use it, the edges of my character are jagged. Is PSP's tool better in that respect? I'm currently using CS5.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Well, I always shrink the image after cutting it out. Make sure you have your model large to start with, then once you resize it the edges will smooth out. I'm not familiar with CS5 at all so I'm not sure in that regard.